Psytrance - The Joyride, The Might

0daybrain

what i miss in most psytrance rls since 2000 is either beauty, mystical might or power.

Nothing mystic and neither clownish it is. a lot stuff is more like teletubby washing without . . . but with lot's of twirls. i think they miss the point but know the market. to bad we see their empty pockets. :drama:

My perception leads to the conclusion that most of the psytrance of the new century is more like HAPPYPSYTRANCE ... which is so ugly that i haven't even seen that word somewhere else. and i wrote it right before for the first time.

new thoughts from 2010 here:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/54149-the-cancers-of-todays-psy-scene/page__view__findpost__p__958137

I think the problem is you, you know too much about the music now, the mysterius carpet has been lifted, the mysteries has been benched for knowledge.

but ultimatly, yeah, the new generation (pr say) do not know the power of psychedelics, they only know hallucinogenics.

:ph34r:

and the newgen is in search of a footing, in search of structure. but that's noth really psychedelic, or is it? so why produce such stuff with the label psychedelic. you remember the cause of the the process of criminalizing hallucinogenic drugs? it's the fear of the mighty to lose might, to lose reins. often reffered as "the fear of uncontrolled reproduction".

• 2 weeks later...

0daybrain, don't you think it is hard to make or find something that sounds powerful? I don't even think it has something especially to do with years - it's just that it is somehow rare almost by definition and also by the supposed virtue you seek in the material.. Just like 'classics' - the bigger the 'classic', the harder it is to find and that just seems to be the natural consequence of the definition of it -- get what I'm talking about? Now, as for trying to find something 'powerful', it seems there are even more limiting factors.. First of all, it has to be somewhat beyond the level of what you perceive as powerful but not that much more that you are unable to perceive it; second - whoever were to make it has to have some kind of ability to put it in musical form and that seems to imply that he has to have some kind of 'connection' to the *power*, ehehe, and I guess those would rather do something different instead of sitting in front of equipment trying to 'formalize' it.. There's probably more to be said but I'd rather share some examples:

Space Cat - Snorkel Blaster -- do you find that powerful?

as for obvious 2000+ album I'd recommend you Infernal Angel by Scatterbrain.. you'll know which tracks when you hear them & don't let the somewhat trashy looking cover discourage you.. trust me

Tracks that I find powerful but in a specific much more implicit way:

Cosmo Chaos - Paradoxal Feeling

Perfect Stranger - Clear Vision 07 (Fiord Remix)

Anyway, I guess we could find a shitload more of examples if we wanted..

Space Cat - Snorkel Blaster -- do you find that powerful?

Infernal Angel by Scatterbrain

Tracks that I find powerful but in a specific much more implicit way:

Cosmo Chaos - Paradoxal Feeling

Perfect Stranger - Clear Vision 07 (Fiord Remix)

A 2000+ track somehow quite simple built but so dreamy and much more trancy than your suggestions: Ubar Tmar - Cosmo Drome

Which tracks do you like on Scatterbrain - Infernal Angel? It's sounding so full-on-dark. Funny how things change; comments on discogs describing good old Flying Rhino stuff minimal and so on :lol:

Space Cat - Snorkelblaster is powerful .. wonder why? :) sounds bit like parts of x-dream - electromagnetic and one of the two TBL 64kb DOS (and windows) demos stash and jizz!

and they are released in 1997 !!

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=2

A 2000+ track somehow quite simple built but so dreamy and much more trancy than your suggestions: Ubar Tmar - Cosmo Drome

Which tracks do you like on Scatterbrain - Infernal Angel?

'Wool Gathering'.. I both like it and find it powerful at certain short parts, but enough to create a pretty clear impression of what it aims to evoke.

Space Cat - Snorkelblaster is powerful .. wonder why? :) sounds bit like parts of x-dream - electromagnetic and one of the two TBL 64kb DOS (and windows) demos stash and jizz!

and they are released in 1997 !!

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=2

Damn, I've been searching for those goa demos for some time now! I could've guessed I just had to put 'little numbers' in the pouet ID selector to get high level oldskool stuff B);)

Anyway you have a good point and now I'm a little bit less sure about who is right because these things we are discussing, mystical beauty and mightiness and such, are so damn subjective and hard to get the head around.. The thing is: if you strictly define what you expect from psytrance of 2000s based on your subjective impression of the meaning among other things, of the stuff of 1990s, you are probably going to be disappointed, but it seems to be even a bit more complicated than that..

other good examples of powerful tracks:

Evolution - Waterspirit (sub-marine remix) (OLD MUSIC)

Tegma - Desert Tale (NEW MUSIC)

both are completely different and each one is either mighty or powerful

and both are somehow a joyride

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

and where can it be found?

This track does not exist. I believe he means Ananda Shake - Round Trip, since searching for "ananda shake - power trip" brings up my most recent full-on set :lol:

what i miss in most psytrance rls since 2000 is either beauty, mystical might or power.

Nothing mystic and neither clownish it is. a lot stuff is more like teletubby washing without . . . but with lot's of twirls. i think they miss the point but know the market. to bad we see their empty pockets. :drama:

but it is still quite tripy and very very trancy:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTmUgYBYDa8

"quite tripy" already sounds limited....

i want the BooMWoahhhFU**it feeling, sound with broad and subtle painted worlds to explore or just a nerve enhancing flash of power

but still your example is nice somehow.. minimal psychedelic and trancy

in that case i can only recommend DMT Cowboys: Chromosome and Ultimae records for now.

and Trold.

and lets see how the new Loud album is.

the first track from the first Loud's album had that BooMWoahhhFU**it feeling. On the dancefloor and on a different state personally.