ULRCD002 VA - Suncokreti (Ultiva Records) coming soon!

i did a remastering of e-mantra's track (Metempsychosis) on his request, if i can get a final confirmation from him to share it here i will upload it and make a thread.

mine definitely sounds way better but i'll let u guys decide :D

and Colin OOOD sucks, just listen artha album lol, it's subtly distorted all the way!

could be, since his work on the cronomi compilations is a tad better and not distorted, but i didn't like it that much however... too harsh sound.

but don't worry Colin! i got some own stuff coming out soon and then you can point your finger to me!!! :P (hope it isn't smelly)

i did a remastering of e-mantra's track (Metempsychosis) on his request, if i can get a final confirmation from him to share it here i will upload it and make a thread.

mine definitely sounds way better but i'll let u guys decide :D

That's cool.

and Colin OOOD sucks, just listen artha album lol, it's subtly distorted all the way!

I disagree. I hear nothing wrong even at high volumes as opposed to like ezel ebed, metaphysical and ultiva releases.

So far guys from Cronomi, Suntrip and DAT offered best soundquality in genre imho, Kagdila and Space Baby got super sound too.

+1 You really need good mastering... to do the tracks justice (i dont want to go deaf) ;)

Of course you will hear tiny problems with expensive audiophile set ups. I don't own anything too expensive, but enough to notice the roughness of the labels I listed above, Artha, on the other hand, didn't bother me in any real way.

Let's do it this way, you tell me a part where the distortion is clearly audible and I will look for it. Or maybe this is just one of those cases where once you see, or hear in this case, it, you can't unsee. Very much like in the spirit of screen tearing in video games.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I would really want to know what went on with the mastering of this release in particular. It's freaking insane how you guys had a kickass tracklist, and an awesome cover to boot, on your hands but in the end it was all screwed up by awful mastering.

Just check out what one of the Radical Distortion guys had to say about it..

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/56315-free-radical-distortion-track/

ok... this is a big story...but i"ll try to tell you about :

When i listened our track in this compilation the first think that i realised was that the kick was buried and actually lost in the mix,but in our mix the kick is so loud that before sending it to ultiva for mastering i was wondering if the kick is too loud :wank:

The second was the compressing , it was so much compressed that it was no explosions in the track :(

The third and i think the worst is the high pass filter from 50hz :blink: my god all the energy of the track was cut down and ofcourse there was no sub frequencies in the track...

And the last was the crashy sound,which as the master guy said is actually right as he wanted to make the cd listen as it was the production in 1994.

So i could accept only the last as this is the tone style of the cd compilation,but i couldn't accept the high pass filter that made the kick to disappear and loose the energy of the track.

Also the Master guy told me that the track was bad mixed so he cut the low freqencies to make it better :unsure: but he failed .

And finally we give the track with our mastering to listen if this full of energy track is " bad mixed " you can judge now by your own B)

• 3 weeks later...