Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

Goa Bill

So the album is out. What are your opinions on it?

I haven't digested it yet but it's def. better than their last abomination of an album although it's no wonder 'cause Skazi with Kanibal Holocaust could make a better album than their previous.

So far I think "Warriors Dance" is where it's at. What a killer tune. The rest is meh but it still can grow on me.

Also "Stand Up". Always liked their last tracks

Discuss?

I think I like it. To repeat my self:

I downloaded the Invader Must Die album a couple of days ago, and I have to state that the album WILL grow on you if and when you decide to give it a chance, or at least some of the tunes will after some time. It's just that kind of growing music imo.

So I like it for what it is. ut jesh, we can't compare it to the older stuff pre FAT.

Btw. The Delux edition containt two extra tracks: Black Smoke and Fighter Beat

Psytones is right, the albums' more about having fun, I enjoyed it better second listen onwards, but the older stuff is better.

My review.

Tracklisting

1 Invaders Must Die (4:55)

2 Omen (3:36)

3 Thunder (4:09)

Vocals - Brother Culture

4 Colours (3:28)

5 Take Me To The Hospital (3:40)

6 Warrior's Dance (5:13)

Written-By - Anthony Srock , Bridgett Grace* , Jeff Mills (Jeff Mills? Nice :] )

7 Run With The Wolves (4:25)

Drums [Live] - Dave Grohl

8 Omen Reprise (2:14)

9 World's On Fire (4:50)

10 Piranha (4:05)

11 Stand Up (5:27)

Drums [Live] - Dave Grohl

The first and title track Invaders Must Die sets the tone for the rest of the album, combining a range of influences including electro, rock and rave. You have guitar riffs, catchy vocals "We are the Prodigy!", and distorted electro bass, topped with a ravey hook to get you moving. Omen follows up with a catchy, jump up rhythm, and an anti-establishment theme "The writing's on the wall/It won't go away". Its definitely one of the better tracks on the album.

"Thunder moves into electro-house territory with funky rhythms and a ragga style vocal. Colours moves into hard dance territory, and is quickly forgotten the moment Take Me to the Hospital starts with a clear rave hook, a shout-out vocals "Take Me to the Hospital!" and the jungle-ish beats! This track will definitely remind you of the good old 90s Prodigy tracks such as Everybody in the Place and their first album Experience. Good stuff. Warriors Dance has a anthemic feel to it, with happy female vocals and uplifting synths, sure to light up the dance floor.

The album takes an interesting turn with Run with the Wolves moving into rock territory, with guitar riffs and punk vocals. World's On Fire and Piranha follow in a similar vein.

The last track Stand Up is one of the tracks I liked on the album. Its a bouncy, appealing track with some nice synth lines and omgah! is that acid we hear at the 3 minute mark?! Yes, it is, and some funky stuff at that. Okay, okay I used to equaliser to cut all the other stuff out and get the acid. But yeah, the last track is good fun.

The album does not bring anything new to the fore. Instead The Prodigy has continued the more accessible feel of AONO, with the obvious rock and electro influences. This is evident even from the shorter, easier to digest track lengths. Those looking for the Prodigy sound of the 90s will be disappointed for the most part as this album is more hard dance than anything else. Oh, there are some ravey hooks and breaks in there, but its not the same. Having said that, the album's decent enough to be worth a listen, irrespective of taste.

It's a good album for sure.

Some tracks still need to grow on me but most of them are good.

Warrior's Dance, Thunder, Run With the Wolves are good ones. :)

ha, they'll come here on march 8th ... but I won't go...

I don't like them enough to pay the ticket. They've got some very good pieces, but I feel I'm not fully into them.

The songs Invaders Must Die and Omen off their myspace sound quite solid though ... better than what I've heard from Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned...

Hmm. I think I have to listen a few times to get a decent opinion, but I think that this is slightly better than AONO. Nothing special though. The track with the ragga vocals was the best track on the album.

Hmm. I think I have to listen a few times to get a decent opinion, but I think that this is slightly better than AONO. Nothing special though. The track with the ragga vocals was the best track on the album.

umm... that isn't really hard, considering that AONO was CRAP (except for Spitfire) lol