TR says Goodbye to Nine Inch Nails

Redington

Right on the front page of the NIN website.

I don't know if anybody here really likes any of his work but I'm somewhat saddened (but not surprised) that he's hanging up the NIN name. Although, he's touring with Jane's Addiction one last time (to come full circle in a way) for awhile. Don't know if he's gonna go international with the tour or not since I haven't checked the tour dates but this makes me even more jealous that my sister got to see NIN live last year.

I hope he keeps producing music though. Even if NIN isn't gonna be around. Would love to hear some more instrumental/ambient work. That would be rad.

I don't care under what name Trent Reznor records. He's a genius and anybody who knows his music will agree.

Their live 2 years ago was one of the best live experiences I've had. Up there with Prodigy and Hallucinogen.

when are we hearing influences in your work? :clapping:

• 1 month later...

Ugh, that is bad, I really liked his work with NINE INCH NAILS, but they went a bit down the drain and downward spiral themselves recently and haven't come up with an original album for years since The Fragile album, until these GHOSTS they released for free on the net last year. Was that a trip ! 2 hours of incredible avantguarde ambient/industrial/classical stuff. I find it as one of the better albums recently, so trippy and intelligent, probably their most serious work to date and it is all instrumental. I recommend it strongly for all those tripped out headz...