The Craving For Long To Really Long Songs

Redington

Ever have that urge to just play really long songs? I mean stuff that's like at least 10 mins or longer? Sometimes I feel like 10 mins isn't long enough.

Such songs as:

Jikkenteki - An Angel Takes Flight, Symplicity

Shpongle - ...And Day Turns Into Night

Evan Bartholomew - We Set Out Into The Caverns Of Time

Other ambient music that is too countless to name because I'm lazy to think of other good ones.

That's where I needs some help! I want to find more songs that are long and are still really good and not just like minimal ambient stuff or something like that where there's not too much going on. Then again, a lot of the long songs are kind of like that anyway, why else are they so long right?

Some godly long tracks off the top of my mind. I love long the tracks, the great intro...builds..body...climax and outro! :clapping:

Paradise Connection - Source of Emotion (21:32) - This is the mother and father and brother and sister of all long tracks.

Koxbox - Doktor Mesmer (10:45)

Sound Pollution - Where (9:46)

The Pleiadians - Maia (11:10)

Akasha Project - Electric Church (11:07)

Symbiote - Tiara (21:59)

Orichalcum - Elevation (21:04)

Planet B.E.N. - Trippy Future Garden (21:47)

Moksha - Contacted (18:20)

Moksha - Huxleys' Medicine (15:45)

Pleiadians - Modulation (16:49)

Nuclear Ramjet - Delta 1.0 (Monolith) (16:46)

Nuclear Ramjet - Brightness 2.3 (15:04)

Sandman - Starfinder (12:56)

Atmos - Fill The Hat 13:29

BLT - Patterns Of 13:31

Juno Reactor - Luciana [61:32]

Elysium - Journey [44:27]

Planet B.E.N. - Trippy Future Garden [21:53]

Boris Blenn - Source of Emotion [21:29]

t.i.p. - under the overtones [19:58]

Shpongle - ...and the day turned to night [19:57]

Moksha- Calaidoscopick [18:20]

Cybersnack - Edge of Harmonix [17:32]

Pleiadians - Modulation [16:47]

D.P.O.D. - Long Caravan ou soleil [16:00]

Pleiadians - Seven Sisters [15:52]

Shpongle - Seventh Revelation [14:25]

Technossomy - V.T.O.L. [12:35]

Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Domestic Bliss [12:05]

Chi-A.D - Liquid Neon Sky [11:45]

Shaolin Wooden Men - A Binary Input To Flesh Antenna [40.42]

Makyo - Yakshini [20:46]

Pete Namlook & Klaus Schulze - A Saucerful of Ambience [61:02]

Philip Glass- Music In Twelve Parts (3:25:53)

Morton Feldman- For Phillip Guston (4:25:13)

The Haters - Untitled (25:05:14)

Matt Coldrick & Matt Hillier

1 Terra Firma (12:08)

2 The Band From Atlantis (12:21)

3 Fire Dance (14:17)

4 Where The Evening Meets The Sky (7:24)

5 Air (23:27)

Robert Rich - Somnium (7 Hours)

but to really take the cake

John Cage - As Slow As Possible (639 Years) (Seriously WTF?)

Yeah, but it's like what... 3 notes a year?? You really can't much minimal than that right?

Other than that, thanks for the song list there. Not sure if I'll get into the more classical stuff unless it's really good and I'm in the mood.

not specific enough

about half of my favorite electronic music is longer than 10 minutes

Very true. So I guess I'll try to be more specific:

Anything chill, downtempo, psybient. Stuff like that. Ambient and experimental stuff is fine too. Minimal I'm not exactly sure about, though.

Yep I get what you mean... BUT I must also add that it is crucial for me for a long track to have enough going to keep me interested for all of it's length. That is a whole different ballgame IMO. I've heard many 20+ minute ambient where the artist just plays a note or 2 for a few minutes which is cheatting IMO.

Anyway, on my top list:

Eternal Basement - Woy

Makyo - Pura

Hallucinogen - A Welcome to all Extraterestrials

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth

Elysium - Aliens

Chi AD - Pathfinder

Banco de Gaia - Last Train to Lhassa

Astral Projection - Liquid Sun

Doof - The Second Revelation

Tim Schuldt (Talking Souls) - Karma 209

Shpongle - The Seventh Revelation

Etnica - Photonic

Battle of the Future Buddhas - Lord of the Dance

Electric Universe - One Love

Sven Väth - The Beauty and the Beast

Check out the classic Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4 from 1984 (recorded 1981).

Length: 59:34

One of the foundations of electronic dance music, so it's simply obligatory material.

If it drives you nuts after a while, you could skip to the second half hour when the wonderful guitar comes in. That's gotta be one of the finest moments in all electronic music (it's almost a relief if you sat through the first half hour). :D

My 10 longest music

1) PLANET B.E.N. - Trippy Future Garden 22'00''

2) X-DREAM - The 5th Dimension (live in Paris) 16'47''

3) PLEIADIANS - Modulation 16'46''

4) PLEIADIANS - Seven Sisters 15'52''

5) PSYKO DISKO - Te Loco 15'37''

6) FUNF D - Counted 15'01''

7) EVOLUTION - Akhunathon 14'45''

8) PAPERCLIP PEOPLE - Throw 14'38''

9) SANJIVA - Left Behind 14'29''

10) MAN OF THE LAST 3 RD - The Evolution Of X (trippin’peace mix) 14'01''

guess according to your specific request I'm offtoppiing your thread, but I need you to love these:

As Abesio mentioned, Juno Reactor - Lu.Ci-ana is truly something special. I love it with all of my being!

An out-take of the one hour journey in darkness

And man, check out some of the work done by Fires of Ork, a project by Geir Jenssen (Biosphere) and Pete Namlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di010j3q6F4

sorry, it's under 10 minutes, but they do got a lot of insanly beautiful tracks in the 20 minutes catagory, like 'Gebirge' and 'facts of Life'.

As for your specific question a lot of easy noticible stuff happening for 10 minutes + .. I'm not sure atm except for some of the above mentioned ones ..

:)

np. Orbit Constructions - Organoid

guess according to your specific request I'm offtoppiing your thread, but I need you to love these:

As Abesio mentioned, Juno Reactor - Lu.Ci-ana is truly something special. I love it with all of my being!

An out-take of the one hour journey in darkness

And man, check out some of the work done by Fires of Ork, a project by Geir Jenssen (Biosphere) and Pete Namlock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di010j3q6F4

sorry, it's under 10 minutes, but they do got a lot of insanly beautiful tracks in the 20 minutes catagory, like 'Gebirge' and 'facts of Life'.

As for your specific question a lot of easy noticible stuff happening for 10 minutes + .. I'm not sure atm except for some of the above mentioned ones ..

np. Orbit Constructions - Organoid

I already have Luciana. That is something else for sure. At one point, it kinda scared me a little bit (I had the lights off and it was like in the middle of the night).

Biosphere has good stuff too. I like ambient as long as it isn't too... like minimal. You know, like there's barely anything there.

I already have Luciana. That is something else for sure. At one point, it kinda scared me a little bit (I had the lights off and it was like in the middle of the night).

Biosphere has good stuff too. I like ambient as long as it isn't too... like minimal. You know, like there's barely anything there.

:) It's been re-released in 2008, and I guess you know the story behind it? The Missile Project, sound to protest-art.

I had the same experience, was kind of wow that scary haha feeling while listening to it for the first time. Me and a buddy was blasted and played chess in the dark with a couple of candles with Lu.Ci-ana in the background, it was a memorible night, still remember the feeling the music gave me, very special.

Sometimes that nothing contains a lot! Everything from underlying moods, sounds, whispers and stuff in general, like your own imagination.

Don't get me wrong, I get what your saying, and a lot of beatless ambient makes me feel that, good ambient is supposed to be suitible with all sorts of medication lol. I love drone music when it's well done with some finess and cleverness. It can be So much more then what we precieve it to be.

Well, I sort of knew the story behind Luciana but not exactly. I mean, I've seen the youtube video but that's about it.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the music I like to be long, but not so uneventful that I end up forgetting that I'm actually listening to music while I do other things. If I get caught up too much in other stuff I'll miss out on something cool, you know? And I like long songs so I have a nice long playlist to put on repeat.

I get what your looking for of track selections, Red :)

About the Lu.Ci-ana story, here you go: http://www.percontra.net/4junoreactor.htm

For "The Missile Project" by Norma Fletcher, they placed a decommissioned missile on a truck and drove past the Parliament building in London. When a police officer questioned them about why they had a missile, Watkins replied "It's not a missile, it's art. Imagine saying that today," he continued between laughs, "It's not a bomb, it's art!"

Juno Reactor was the title of an element within "The Missile Project," a large concrete silo. "The original Juno Reactor was a seventy foot long structure that had bumps like a dinosaur's tail," Watkins begins to laugh, "and blew out smoke. I did the music 'Luciana' for it.