New Astral material

venom455

putting on Dancing Galaxy now.

hey Lemminwinks,

this is pretty cool :)

top 10 lost goatrancer habits:

10. Thinking that all the answers to life's mystries were held in RA Wilson's books.

9. Feeling proud when someone called you a freak.

8. Worshiping the Roland 303 like it was some sort of machine god.

7. Mixing using DAT tapes.

6. Writing "604" everywhere and laughing at people who didn't understand what it meant.

5. Thinking that the more different colors you wore at the same time, the smarter you looked.

4. Ending all your posts with "Bom Shankar".

3. Saying "namaste" instead of "hello".

2. Believing that dancing while tripping your nuts off was a spiritual experience.

1. Thinking that listening to goatrance made you an intelectually superior being!!

hey Lemminwinks,

this is pretty cool :)

top 10 lost goatrancer habits:

10. Thinking that all the answers to life's mystries were held in RA Wilson's books.

9. Feeling proud when someone called you a freak.

8. Worshiping the Roland 303 like it was some sort of machine god.

7. Mixing using DAT tapes.

6. Writing "604" everywhere and laughing at people who didn't understand what it meant.

5. Thinking that the more different colors you wore at the same time, the smarter you looked.

4. Ending all your posts with "Bom Shankar".

3. Saying "namaste" instead of "hello".

2. Believing that dancing while tripping your nuts off was a spiritual experience.

1. Thinking that listening to goatrance made you an intelectually superior being!!

thanks ;)

I dont get it, if anything it has the same vibe as the earlier material, you'r saying this is sold out commercial stuff?

It is commercial, its featured on ministry of sound.. but then again astral where always commercially successful.. their older albums all sold very good.

For me personally i dont care if its commercial or not for me its about good or bad music according to my personal taste.. and to me these new tracks sound like they wanted to have a bit of the old trade mark astral lead sounds, but with the latest killargh full on bass and some full on tricks like that reverb on the kick before a break etc, kind of like just so that a new full on label would release it. For some reason BNE didnt release it, due to reasons wich i dont know.

I think these tracks sound good in some parts, but somewhere they get lost.. the energy/inspiration and the build from their glory days is not there for me, my mind dont get in a trance state as its ruined for me by the full on tricks. All in all a very plastic and faded return. I prefer listening to some real music with feelings like RA or any other of new school guys who still does it for the love of music.

It is commercial, its featured on ministry of sound.. but then again astral where always commercially successful.. their older albums all sold very good.

For me personally i dont care if its commercial or not for me its about good or bad music according to my personal taste.. and to me these new tracks sound like they wanted to have a bit of the old trade mark astral lead sounds, but with the latest killargh full on bass and some full on tricks like that reverb on the kick before a break etc, kind of like just so that a new full on label would release it. For some reason BNE didnt release it, due to reasons wich i dont know.

I think these tracks sound good in some parts, but somewhere they get lost.. the energy/inspiration and the build from their glory days is not there for me, my mind dont get in a trance state as its ruined for me by the full on tricks. All in all a very plastic and faded return. I prefer listening to some real music with feelings like RA or any other of new school guys who still does it for the love of music.

For me, astral always had that cross over appeal in their music, that doesnt mean its not good, I myself am delighted that they stuck to their magical melodies + some full on tricks in there, I think they do it for the love of music otherwise they would have just made the standard bs no melody fullon with the killaaah base and released an album long ago. Imo they have evolved their style over the years perfectly, 7 years to be precise since Chaos, anyway thats just IMO

I don't quite understand the relentless criticism of Astral Projection... they've never wavered too far from their original path--which always had commercial appeal, if you ask me.

BTW: BNE is kaput.

Yes BNE is indeed kaput :drama: it havent gone by unnoticed on different forums. (isratrance forum) etc

And as I said above, Astral Projection was always very commercially successfull, and and really reached out to a broad audience. Nothing bad with that, but who knows the entire album might have some surprises and its not everytime an album or some tracks makes sense after a few listens. However im still not impressed by the tracks linked to in this thread. And the video of One doesnt make the thing any better :rolleyes:

And Anoebis, yes Yahels-Waves Of Sound album is indeed very good :) I have it right here, to me it is a bit like a Israeli version of Man With No Name album Moment Of Truth. What i like a lot with Waves Of Sound album is the key changes and lead sounds, MDMA trance :DSun Scream = Killer

I dont wanna sound to negative, but the Astral guys has really set a high bar with their earlier albums, and my dissapointment was very big with the Amen album and Ten album, the last album i bought with Astral Projection was "In the mix" wich had some good tracks IMO "Flying Into A Star(Ast-Roid Remix) and "Virtual Booster" So i tend to think that the In the mix was the last proper "album" and this was in year 2000, nine years ago. Believe me when i say these guys have inspired me a lot and i love their earlier albums. No easy task for them to beat their own old music in terms of quality.

btw Astral either left BNE or got booted due to disagreements of some sort, i remember that they posted a bulletin about it on myspace and this was before BNE went "kaput" someone else might share som more info about that?

I agree. They can't hold up to the older stuff, it's nice and such, not bad at all, but there's some power or something missing...

It's become too much "daa daa" plastic trance and too little psychedelic sharpness.

But nevermind, I'm quite confident that I'll get the album anyway. It's better than most fullon out there and, well, it's Astral ... and it still has their trademark sounds.

And Anoebis, yes Yahels-Waves Of Sound album is indeed very good :) I have it right here, to me it is a bit like a Israeli version of Man With No Name album Moment Of Truth. What i like a lot with Waves Of Sound album is the key changes and lead sounds, MDMA trance :DSun Scream = Killer

Ohh, I should to take a listen to that album. I'm a big MWNN fan :)

Its no secret. i am a very big fan of astral projection. as musicians and as human beeings.

i can honestly say that this track (One) is acctually a good surprise. it has much of the astralic touch. especially in the begining of the track. It reminds me alot Ames style, which some tracks in that album i liked alot. i have asked Avi Nissim snd he told me that the next album "open society" is going to be totally in that style.

Its no secret. we all like Astrals older music. including myself. who doesnt? mastrpice albums like trust in trance 3, dancing galaxy and another world will allways have a place of honour in the trance hall of fame. i told that issue to avi too. i told him that all over the world (and i was talking about this forum especially) people would like to hear Astral of the 90's style. thier emotional and melodic trance music that pierced the hearts of those who heard it. he told me that: "it is no problem for us to so another 96 style album, but we felt we wanted to move on and creat new kind of new trance with touches of our own style."

that was 3 and a half years ago.

these 3.5 years were very difficult for astral. just left phonokol, with no label who will take care of thier buisness such as booking shows, marketing, publishing etc. the had to do it all by themself. its very hard to take for all that and still pruduce quality music, and have a personal life. Avi is devorsed +1 and Lior is remarried if im not mistaken and has a baby. Not a picnic or a walk in the park.

then astral found BNE and we thought that things are going to be more arranged now, more clear about the future. But unfortunally the bad luck continues. After two years of divers relationship between Astral and BNE the whole thing collapsed.

my theory and i am allmost sure that is what happend is: problems with shows booking. how it started? well, if you ask me it goes back to the early phonokol times. Phonokol is not a serius label at all. and i heard manny artists who said that. they dont take a good care of thier artist. Astral who had a contract with phonokol couldnot go out. they saw that phonokol are not taking care of them and booking them for live shows, so Astral started to do that by themselves. that things went on for few years and till Astral had enough. (you can see that in nov 2005 they released the compilation "back to galaxy at com.pact rec. i asked avi if that means that they left phonokol and he told me that it is thier last warning). they started to look for another label. the have found bne in 2006. its a more mature label for sure, but i think astral had bad habbits left from phonokol (booking shows by themselves). so i guess BNE did not liked that story too much and the things bloo out few months ago when BNE decided too sue astral.

situation for the moment: Astral are still looking for a labes to released the anticipated album "open society". Astral are still booking shows for themselves.

so, to sum it all up, i think what we have here (One) is much more than you can expect of this due nowdays.

and as i said in the start:

it is no secret.

I am a very big fan of astral projection. As musicians, But even more as human beeings

:)