VA - The Sitting Goddess

VA - THE SITTING GODDESS

Posted Image

Phototropic Records and Psyks warmly welcomes you on our newest journey. We've compiled almost 80 minutes of pure goatrance.

This compilation contains 9 tracks of new and well known artists presenting themselves in their best way possible where each track beholds a feeling of unique beauty.

The Sitting Goddess is devoted to an ancient character that converts her beauty into music, shining the wonder sounds the humanity inherited.

Expect some very original Goatrance over here, music gently compiled with patience and love.

Title: The Sitting Goddess

Label: Phototropic Records

Genre: Goa-Trance

Format: CD

Playtime: 78:52 min

Release: VERY SOON!

Catalog: PHTRCD09

URL: www.psyks.com | www.phototropicrecords.com

E-mail: info@phototropicrecords.com

Track list:

01. Dhamsuta - The Sitting Goddess (08:51)

W&P by: Liridon Uka & Albert Hasani, Kosovo

02. Radical Distortion - Journey Into Your Mind (08:44)

W&P by: John Spanos & Nick Politaridis, Greece

03. Aerosis - Anazasi (09:50)

W&P by: Bobby Ognyanov & Jeremy Green, United States

04. Amithaba Buddha - Obsidian Stones (08:35)

W&P by: Filipe Santos, Portugal

05. Pandemonium! - 4 Snobs In A Row (07:01)

W&P by: Filipe Santos, Portugal

06. Goalien - Spititual Rising (07:41)

W&P by: Boris Huskic, Serbia

07. Aurari - Instant Transmission (08:21)

W&P by: Memli Robaj, Liridon Uka & Albert Hasani, Kosovo

08. Astreveta - Graviton (08:59)

W&P by: Veton Avdiu, Liridon Uka & Albert Hasani, Kosovo

09. Zirrex - Infinite Space (09:20)

W&P by: Andrey Alexandrov, Russia

SAMPLES online at psyks.com on the psyks player.

credits:

compiled by psyks @ psyks.com

mastered by digitoxin @ phototropicrecords.com

cover art by Lucid >> psymmetry @ myspace.com/psymmetry

Okey now i had a listen to the two tracks i was curious about, the obsidian track and 4 snobs in a row and hmm they didnt really do the trick for me, the obsidian track was oh so predictable it sounds exactly as any of the tracks on goa gate, same formula.. same type of sounds.

I personally want to be surprised when i listen to goa, hear something new and think like: "how the hell they make that?" The Pandemonium! track was a little bit annoying with the VST accordion sound, it sounded like a GM/SF2 instrument to be honest.

The most fair thing i think i could do is to compare these new amithaba tracks to your own older tracks wich i think had more feelings and variation from track to track.

Southern Oracle, Tabernacle & Mysteries Of The Women are tracks wich i think had way more depth and feelings in them, or even A Mad Scientists Night wich was so visual and generated images in my mind while listening to it, thats what psychedelic music is all about.

Also i think it sounds a bit to flat/thin. The tracks i listened to (Obsidian Stones & 4 snobs in a row) would definately benefit from a better 3D feel to it. It doesnt have that production standard that i would expect in 2009 from a CD wich is sold and distributed from mayor online stores like this one is. Even the voice samples sound lo-fi IMO.

Good example of modern goa with good sound quality would be the latest RA album.

This is in now way any kind of bashing, im just beeing honest and writing what i feel when listening to the two tracks.

Oh well somebody else will probably enjoy it more then me. :)

there are some things that we have in common diaks, first, i really believe that Filipe did better with untold stories, indeed, the stuff inside is like reading an amazing Tolkien book :). second, i was a bit of disappointed with Goa Gate too, since it sounded to me more like Afgin (goa with a full on touch). third, i dont quite dig the Pandemonium! project, but i think it's a matter of taste (which is an answer for goa gate too), but i dont really agree with what you said about Obsidian Stones, i think Filipe discovered something amazing while doing that track, to be more specific, i feel the "Lost Buddha" in it :).

there are some things that we have in common diaks, first, i really believe that Filipe did better with untold stories, indeed, the stuff inside is like reading an amazing Tolkien book :). second, i was a bit of disappointed with Goa Gate too, since it sounded to me more like Afgin (goa with a full on touch). third, i dont quite dig the Pandemonium! project, but i think it's a matter of taste (which is an answer for goa gate too), but i dont really agree with what you said about Obsidian Stones, i think Filipe discovered something amazing while doing that track, to be more specific, i feel the "Lost Buddha" in it :).

Actually i thought goa gate was pretty good :) maybe a bit formulaic, but it had a good egyptian theme wich i enjoyed since im very much into ancient egypt.

Okey ill give the obsidian track a few more spins, maybe it will get better with time B) however i hope Filipe understands my feedback and takes it in as something positive and really something that is meant just so he can improve in the areas wich i felt could be better. I would really enjoy some more sinister/intelligent P! tracks, like the self titled track on the !MuinomednaP album and the allready mentioned Mad scientists night track, the dim7 chords in those tracks where good and added a mystic/enigmatic touch.

You got the tools and know how to do it, so what are you waiting for? ;)

I guess the discussion about Filipes tracks explains a lot why there is always so much expectation and disappointment when it comes to his tracks.

In the end all are good, Filipe has no specific style or musical quality, he can simply do anything. Just look at his hip-hop project for example.

So its not that tracks are good or bad, what happens is that one works for you and another track does not.

The Amithaba track sounds so "old" because Amithaba is a retro project, this is supposed to be that way.

But i really think melodies are predictable, but the Pandemonium track is great, so powerful and fresh... i love that one.

I like Filipe's tracks, because he can do good music with egyptian and arabic melodies.

Track have good groove to and they very danceful!

Waiting for new releases from Phototropic...for some suprises - new brain candies :D

Cya