Isn't M.E.E.O. - Highlight Me Please Psy Glitch?

karan129

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this before, but after reading how everyone found this album to be different, and listening to it a few times, I thought it sounded a lot like what Psy-Glitch would sound like :unsure:

Yes, let's put an name on every little difference from "the norm".

Just what I was about to say.

This whole stupid genre naming for any artist that steps a little out of the ordinary has to stop. What's next? Psy with no reverb is gonna be called Dry-Psy, and the one with 'verb Wet-Psy?? Stupid stupid stupid.

• Like 1

Just what I was about to say.

This whole stupid genre naming for any artist that steps a little out of the ordinary has to stop. What's next? Psy with no reverb is gonna be called Dry-Psy, and the one with 'verb Wet-Psy?? Stupid stupid stupid.

Hey relax!

I don't think Karan intention was to name this album as Psy-glitch, he just thought it sounds like it.

Although I still don't get what it means like that.

Err...I guess you guys know what glitch is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_(music)

http://www.last.fm/tag/glitch

It just sounded glitchy to me, I didn't mean to kick up a storm :unsure: I suppose the whole point of genres is to understand the music, instead of saying "I like this and this and this" you can just say I like that genre. Besides, I thought it was interesting to see (what I think is) glitch and psy mixing :ph34r:

Maybe the world is sick of genres, I just got a rather negative reply to an attempt to figure out techno (don't ask) on another site.

Yeah, glitch is an effect. So imo it's pretty dumb when people wanna categorize their music by the effects some artists use.

But this is more a problem of artists then the listeners. Whenever someone comes up with something new, everyone else starts copying it and before you know it - it becomes a trend. That's why I don't like most of the psy music today, it's because almost everyone is following trends. Nobody has the balls or the brains to make something out of the ordinary - except a few talents here and there, which I really do respect.

~ Happy thoughts -_-

Err...I guess you guys know what glitch is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_(music)

http://www.last.fm/tag/glitch

It just sounded glitchy to me, I didn't mean to kick up a storm :unsure:I suppose the whole point of genres is to understand the music, instead of saying "I like this and this and this" you can just say I like that genre. Besides, I thought it was interesting to see (what I think is) glitch and psy mixing :ph34r:

Maybe the world is sick of genres, I just got a rather negative reply to an attempt to figure out techno (don't ask) on another site.

Personally I prefer people to refer an artist-style by comparing it to other artists instead of genre categorizing, since fullon or darkpsy or psytrance or whatever can mean sooo much by now, that it doesn't really explain what kind of music it is... Fullon: Is that Braincell, Digicult or Ultravoice??? Darkpsy: Is that Irgum Burgum, G.O.E. or Kindzadza?? It's much easier to understand if someone says: Hey, the new fullon album from Braincell sounds like a crossover between Concept-paranormal and Logic bomb.sonic algebra.... Much easier to understand that, than to be told some homemade genre name, that no one understands anyway.... Ofcourse you can call it morning psy or whatever, since it's a normal term for many different genres, but glitch-psy? Neo-goa? maximal-psy? Psycore? Hard-psy? Twilight psy? All these names doesn't tell me anything about the music itself, so i really think it's ridiculous to waste time and try to name every new sound that takes the smallest step out of the norm... Thats IMO of course :)