Ektoplazm

Pandemonium

I have been trying to download a single album all day long, finally after figuring out that i had to install winrar and restart my computer ,i tried to download Xamanist-Initiation, it took about 45 minutes to get to 87% and then all of the sudden i got a dialog box saying the downloading had been canceled. I tried once again and received this message. At the end of the day Im still empty handed on my free music download.

You have exceeded your download limit! This warning can be triggered by downloading too quickly, downloading too many files at once, or downloading an individual file too many times. As a result, you are temporarily banned from downloading, but don’t worry—the ban will automatically expire in about a day. Try again later.

Please note that this system is in place to prevent abuse. Only in unusual circumstances will legitimate downloading trigger this warning. For instance if you are using an automated script to download multiple files at one time you might break the system. Adjust your settings so they aren’t as aggressive and try again some other time. Another problem we’ve heard about pertains to flaky Internet connections. If your downloads are timing out so regularly that you need to try and access individual files many times this will also trigger this warning. Try breaking your connection and dialing in a second time. Sometimes this will solve the problem.

If your situation is not described above and you believe you have reached this warning page by accident, you may use the contact form to describe your problem. Please note that due to the volume of email we receive, you will not receive a response if your issue is already describe here or in the help section. Remember: you can always wait it out and try another day!

http://www.ektoplazm.com/warning/

WTF is up with this website? anybody else around here experience a similar situation with these free downloads? Its my first time trying.

I've downloaded many albums from Ektoplazm without any issues, i guess you got unlucky or something on your/the website side happened that day.

I'm sure you'll get an answer from Basilisk very soon anyway.

Well the message pretty much describes itself right there.

You said you tried to download one album all day long. It clearly says on the site that if you try to download a file for too many times or if you waste alot of bandwidth by downloading all day long then you get a temporary ban.

Basilisk has to put some protection on the download limit at least a little bit, I mean he's website is hosting free downloads and that takes alot of bandwidth and costs alot of money.

Just take a look, 3,539 downloads just for that single album. In best case scenario (that is - if everyone downloaded the MP3 version) that's about 541 Gigs of bandwidth! And some people download FLAC's or WAV's, which dramatically increase the ammount of bandwidth transferred.

Just wait a day and you can download again.

I've also never had any problems, although I have only downloaded a few things from there. Downloads usually take just a few minutes too. If it's taking all day then your computer may be too slow :P

What part of that exhaustively detailed error message was difficult to understand? :blink: Sounds like you had a bad connection. Or perhaps the server spaced out. It happens. Try again later.

There is some confusion surrounding the purpose of this warning system. First and foremost, it is designed to protect my server against DoS (denial of service) attacks and other malicious activity. This is in direct response to the events of last summer when thousands of requests every few minutes would regularly overload my server. Since installing a few rudimentary security features, these attacks have ceased and the site lives on. Really, there are few legitimate reasons for having to download the same file more than 5 times in a given day. If your connection sucks... reconnect!