Blue Planet Corporation - A Blueprint For Survival

the album seems to be available now. just ordered it.

cyclothymic, chrystal and antidote are FAR better than the tracks entropie, digital forward and cargo cult to my liking. entropie and digital forward are also available for free download on the flying rhino website. cargo cult was released in ~2001.

personally, as i repeatedly stated in this thread might have exchanged "chrystal" (which was released on blue planet in a different version) with the track "intrigue" that came out circa the same time cyclothymic came out - but that's me. and overall, this album will be total killer, so don't bother about that ;-)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone has news from Draeke? I want to (pre)order from him but I get no answer to my mail. I know he must have got numerous mails, but hey, I can't wait anymore, I want my copy!!! :D

got the CD yesterday from psyshop and spinning it now. here are some short ratings for the tracks.

CD1

01 Intro N/A

02 Overbloody Flood 10/10

03 Midian 10/10

04 Genetic 10/10

05 Juno Satellite 10/10

06 Psychonaut 10/10

07 Lubianka 10/10

08 Hemo Static + Overbloody Flood 7/10

09 Generator 10/10

10 Aquablue 9/10

Overall rating of CD 1: 10/10

CD 2

01 Intro N/A

02 Hemo Static II 10/10

03 Telekinteic 10/10

04 Sub Sonic Underground 8/10

05 Barocco 10/10

06 Goa Disco 6/10

07 Restore Hope 8/10

08 DNA 9/10

09 Antidote 10/10

10 Cyclothymic 10/10

11 Crystal 10/10

Overall rating of CD 2: 9/10

honestly, goa disco is not that bad, but it is quite dull compared to the other tracks on this compilation.

the tracks on CD 2 beginning with track 3 are more "blue planet" oriented. you find of couple of references in samples and arrangements there. like barocco has some elements from apex, crystal = crystal, atoll and cyclothymic have similar elements, DNA and arcana share.

the artwork is really nice and fits the CD better than the artwork of "blue planet".

actually i am struggling to decide whether "a blueprint for survival" is better than "blue planet". just from the sheer count of top-ace tracks i would say yes.

APART from the ratings, personal favourites are: MIDIAN, LUBIANKA, GENERATOR, CYCLOTHYMIC

so, thats now 2 albums by DAT records that easily match up in top 20 lists...

Thank you very much Draeke!! Awaiting this release as I write this.....all I wish to say further is that I think you (and your team) are doing great things for "the scene" but more important for the music lover in general, for the people! A big thank you is in order here....

:clapping:

Be it Goa or not is not relevant. This is good MUSIC.

Also, IMO it definitely contains Goa elements. I wonder why you are so disappointed frozen dream. Perhaps listen to it again with a different mood? And I hope you didn't really expect a GNOTR vs. Doof feat. Astral Projection, right? After all, we're talking about BPC here, they were never tagged as hardcore Goa as far as my Goa culture is concerned.

Maybe he never heard Blue Planet cause if he was expecting full goa trance then he was deluding himself. BPC have always been IMO really lush (trippy) trance. Not Goa or even Psy (although psychedelic). I guess this will meet my expectations at least.

Maybe he never heard Blue Planet cause if he was expecting full goa trance then he was deluding himself. BPC have always been IMO really lush (trippy) trance. Not Goa or even Psy (although psychedelic). I guess this will meet my expectations at least.

BPC has alot of amazing GOA tracks ,first example a track from this album Cyclothymic also is my favorit from this album and all bpc music ever

Ammm, just a quick question... How do you get to the second CD in the case and how do you get it out. Is there anything to push/twist? :P

lol are you cereal?

You open the case. Pull the left part of the CD case towards you (where it is written "2CD"). A part of the jewel case will rotate (the rotation axis is on the right side). And there you have the second CD :D

lol are you cereal?

You open the case. Pull the left part of the CD case towards you (where it is written "2CD"). A part of the jewel case will rotate (the rotation axis is on the right side). And there you have the second CD :D

Hehe, ok I got that one figured out (after I posted). Now there's the part where the CD is on, that "thingie" :lol::lol: It must be funny as hell to read this, but I actually broke the case for Mystery of the yeti/Mystical experiences as I was trying to get the second cd out. I don't want the same to happen to BPC :)

Only problem with this precious is that some tracks are just too killerones and others can't match such a perfection.

Overbloody flood!

exactly! there are a lot of good tracks on this cd, but as overbloody flood is the first one, they don't really stand out.

• 2 months later...

lubianka lol , where did he learn this word ?

putting lube on bianka is my guess

maybe bianka volunteerd to put the lube? :o

Лубянка

serious guess: a visit to russia

answering your question:

Lubyanka- hometown of FSB, lol. It's location of headquarters of Russian Security Service)

• 1 month later...