Cosmosis - Fumbling for the Funky Frequency

Guest antic

i find the album to be quite good psytrance - better than the last one - with some definite goa influences (the eternal now!). bass or guitars fit in quite well and he preserved his distinct "funky" style. (a distinct style is what a lot of producers gave up to make completely generic fullon; i'm looking at you, talamasca!). i like the direction cosmosis is moving with this release.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never really a fan of cosmosis but i still can tell the difference, and in my opinion, there's no GOATRANCE philosophy in this release.

Dude is there any disclaimer that says that this release is "100% pure spiritual GOATRANCE straight from shivas bed room" or something? its just dance music relax.. it doesnt pretend to be anything else either, its not religion or something :lol: And yeah of course you can tell a difference, things have changed a bit over the years you know.. for better or worse.

Infected Mushroom's guitars work well on IM the Supervisor and Vicious Delicious but Classical Mushroom makes me want to vomit. How could anyone deny the guitar work on Heavyweight?

The guitar sounds on heavyweight are made with a synthesizer, Yamaha Motif XS or Roland V-Synth XT if remember correctly, one of those it is Erez wrote on his forum.

What ever the process behind the sound, i like the result. On the Classical Mushroom album they used a real guitarist "Crazy Dan" (Dan Lavi) Im also not so found of the guitar work on Classical Mushroom, since it think its a bit to heavy in places a bit to much metal for me.

Dude is there any disclaimer that says that this release is "100% pure spiritual GOATRANCE straight from shivas bed room" or something? its just dance music relax.. it doesnt pretend to be anything else either, its not religion or something :lol: And yeah of course you can tell a difference, things have changed a bit over the years you know.. for better or worse.

oh yea, the better part made me say that mate, i dont really care what music they do, if they dont know the difference between the old style they did then at least they should know the difference of identifying stuff like GOA or PSY, for some it's just one big family, for me they're two different worlds. reading goa and listening to a totally different music can make some goa fans like me say stuff like that. Im just a bit angry bro...

oh yea, the better part made me say that mate, i dont really care what music they do, if they dont know the difference between the old style they did then at least they should know the difference of identifying stuff like GOA or PSY, for some it's just one big family, for me they're two different worlds. reading goa and listening to a totally different music can make some goa fans like me say stuff like that. Im just a bit angry bro...

Yeah i totally get what you mean, like all these new compilations from Germany with the word "GOA" stamped all over them, when its in fact just regular full on. Kind of annoying ;) Cheers

Yeah i totally get what you mean, like all these new compilations from Germany with the word "GOA" stamped all over them, when its in fact just regular full on. Kind of annoying ;) Cheers

psytrance is called "goa" in the whole german language area. if you say "psytrance" (correct pronounciation with the "p") almost anyone will look at you as if you were speaking an alien (of the extraterrestrial kind ;)) tounge.

went through the whole album for 1 week. suffice to say, outstanding standard cosmosis release...some of the nuances area little predictable, though, it doesn't detract from the whole flow of the music...thanks for the music bilbo. but , can you do a psyched out re-rub mix of your classic,HOWLING AT THE MOON?...or maybe a remix of all your top classics....peace out folks.

went through the whole album for 1 week. suffice to say, outstanding standard cosmosis release...some of the nuances are a little predictable, though, it doesn't detract from the whole flow of the music...thanks for the music bilbo. but , can you do a psyched out re-rub mix of your classic,HOWLING AT THE MOON?...or maybe a remix of all your top classics....peace out folks. :)

Warning for all owners of new Cosmosis album on CD with 10 tracks. This is not Cosmosis only Pause "Doppler Effect". Big error in pressing plant :)

At title list only 9 tracks but CD contain 10. I guessed that it was bonus track...

So do you know who is author of 10 track?

Guest antic

At title list only 9 tracks but CD contain 10. I guessed that it was bonus track...

So do you know who is author of 10 track?

No, all 10 tracks are from different artist - it's simply other artist's music pressed as a Cosmosis' CD

No, all 10 tracks are from different artist - it's simply other artist's music pressed as a Cosmosis' CD

WoW! Can you provide proof link?

Sounds like bad joke...

I will be very sad if this information is true. It will be waste of my money...

WoW! Can you provide proof link?

Sounds like bad joke...

I will be very sad if this information is true. It will be waste of my money...

couldn't find this info on the net yet, but I have a confirmation from one of the main net shops. And of course my own 3 copies. I guess arabesque already knows about it & possibly 2nd pressing is done, but I don't know the details

Guest antic

I think that's bollocks.

The album clearly and consistently reflects Cosmosis' style.

Do you have the actual CD? You wrote above that you've just ordered it, so did you receive the paskage yet?

The samples in stores are from real album, same with mp3s sold and probably the ones available on p2p.

But the actual CD has music from someone else, because pressing plant fucked things up.

• 1 month later...

Do you have the actual CD? You wrote above that you've just ordered it, so did you receive the paskage yet?

The samples in stores are from real album, same with mp3s sold and probably the ones available on p2p.

But the actual CD has music from someone else, because pressing plant fucked things up.

Yeah, man, I have the actual CD on my desk and I listened to it plenty of time so far. It's the same thing you find online and it's definitely Cosmosis; no doubt about it.