Cosmosis - Fumbling for the Funky Frequency

Guest antic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds damn interesting from what i heard.

and come on people, rocking guitars :)!

i don't know maybe is just because i come fromt he rock/metal world but anyway the blend of goa guitar riffs can work when not abused!

track 4 sounds very promising and has guitars.

liked a lot of tracks from the previews.

happy bout it, let's hope it comes out soon

0.02 £

This doens't sound bad to me... If all Full-on would be like the last two tracks, i would certainly like the genre :) And it could be me, but i didn't hear one single guitar in those samples??

The samples form the last album also seemed ok, but that album didn't turn out to be that exciting.

Look at all the videos of him playing guitar live on stage at his myspace site, there's no doubt this album will be worse than the last one.

The sample of the Samba Del Gringo tune...don't get me started...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest antic

How i see release date is 3 Jul 2009 on Amazon?

I'm not sure I understand your question. :rolleyes:

It is going to be released at the beginning of July, with downloads being available around a week before the actual CD. So the downloads on 3rd of July, CD on 7-10th of July (depending on the source).

Good stuff! Listening to the "space traveller" track, awsome 303 drive! Nice mystic pads as well.

guitars? well, me no like, BUT, if used goodn guitars can give a song a very deep strechy trancy melody: guys of Dimension 5 played live set in belgium like 1 year ago, used a guitar, BUT like that way it was good done

also Xenomorph I've seen with guitar, not his last set in belgium, but before, just genious!!!

so imo it all depends, also Tim Schuldt has some kick ass psy guitar songs I adore ;)

BUT what many today do is making a not very invenstive guitar riff and put on a full on baseline, now that sucks, no?! ;)

I just finish with listening album.

Whole are very saikodelic, no tralalala...

Favorite track is Siren Song.

Have great story and remind me on Dance of the Cosmic Serpent ;)

Download this, i appeal to all :)

seems all the hubub was for not

no guitars and really cool songs

not sure why all the drama over guitar sounds anyway

closed minded is no fun way to live

but I don't actually concern myself with what everyone else likes

for my money, I dig the record

hope you all had a great 4th of July...

peace

I dont know why people still hope on revivals of the big names in the 90s. i mean look at astral projection, as soon as coke got their main ingredient on music they started doing tracks like dj condom, whats next, a remix of the barbie girl song?

i apologize to take AP as an example, but as soon as u dont have enough inspiration to do music, u do shit, just shit and cheese time to time. I was never really a fan of cosmosis but i still can tell the difference, and in my opinion, there's no GOATRANCE philosophy in this release.

Guitar don't work/not work by default. Its all up to how good the producer is. I think Cosmosis handles guitars extremely well, Down at the Crossroads wouldn't be the same without that wailing blues guitar.

Infected Mushroom's guitars work well on IM the Supervisor and Vicious Delicious but Classical Mushroom makes me want to vomit. How could anyone deny the guitar work on Heavyweight?

I was never really a fan of cosmosis but i still can tell the difference, and in my opinion, there's no GOATRANCE philosophy in this release.

Really? Tastes differ and you are most assuredly entitled to your opinion, but I found this release to DRIP with the goa vibe. Great work, better than their last CD and I though that one was super.

Mdk

Guest antic

Funny thing is most people criticising the release mention guitars and full-on bass...

Problem is, guitar is used very modestly (and well, IMO) in just one track where it totally fits the theme and the bass is totally different than in regular full-on - more funky & melodic; the only similarity is that it's more present and accentuated compared to his pre-2000 releases, but that's the requirement of the times we live in, otherwise his tracks would sound out of place in a DJs set.

Listen to it for what it is and stop living in the past.

there's nothing wrong with guitars, a whole genre depends on it. though i agree they can sound out of the limit especially in a genre where clear synths have the main job to do. but still, have a listen to Zirrex - Tadarinda, the guitar makes the track even better.

concerning Cosmosis, as Trance2MoveU said, it's a matter of taste and style, and none of them fits on my like list. i would never really bother writing negative responses to this topic but spreading music with a GOA stamp on it and a totally different sound just pisses me off, this genre is undertaking a revival and artists who already switched to commercial music are considering getting back, but on a commercial way, if thats not a reason to be pissed off then...*** it.

GOA is not a work place where one can easily create tracks, it was always an area where creativity had more power then epxerience or production knowledge. whats the sense of doing music when u have no imagination at all, especially when the genre requirements are high on fantasy.