Looking to get into psy... recommendations?

Hypersp1ce

Hi, my friend recently sent me a few songs and gave me a link to this site. I've been listening to them for a while, especially whilst trippin, and I dunno, its incredible lol, so I'm looking for some recommendations on other stuff that is similar to the stuff I've already heard.

The stuff I've heard is basically Shpongle's three albums (I apologize if they are seen as too mainstream or something, again I'm new to this whole psy stuff and I'm basically ignorant on all of it), Substrata by Biosphere (I think this is probably ambient), Younger Brother, Hallucinogen, Ephemeral by Synaesthesia, Brian Eno (again ambient). I tend to prefer stuff where there are lots of harmonies, melody lines etc.

Welcome :)

We'd sure like to help but I think you should search for similar topics first - there are already several "new to psy/goa" and "recommend me some psy/goa" topics.

But maybe they aren't the same tracks he's looking for :)

Hyperspice, try out Ott-Skylon :wub: Especially track 2, you can take a listen

Welcome!

Judging from what you like, you seem to be more into the chilled side of the psychedelic trance scene. Stuff from Ultimae records might suit you well. If you really want to get into goa/psytrance I recommend these acts:

Pleiadians

Transwave

Astral Projection

Shiva Chandra

Krumelur

Bah, there's just too much :) Keep digging.

The stuff I've heard is basically Shpongle, Substrata by Biosphere (I think this is probably ambient), Younger Brother, Hallucinogen, Ephemeral by Synaesthesia, Brian Eno. I tend to prefer stuff where there are lots of harmonies, melody lines etc.

I think you should get music by FSOL !! :)

Future Sound of London - Lifeforms

Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom (Also may be you'd like the Other Side CD on the Converting Vegetarian album).

For the most chill-out stuf go try:

-Children of the Bong/Sirius Sounds

-Saatvik Sequencers/the Middle Path

-Also if you like Shpongle its obvious that you gonna fall in love with Eclipse-A journey of Permanence and Impermanence wonderfull album!

Lots of these recommendations are pretty hardcore psy---I started off where you did so I thought I'd give some more recommendations a little more on the dub side...

-Androcell / Distant System - Emotivision, Efflorescence / Spiral Empire

-Ott - Skylon, Hallucinogen in Dub and Blumenkraft (in no particular order)

-Kuba - How the Future Sounded (this album hasn't got a lot of attention on these forums but is incredible... released this year)

-OOOD - Free Range

-Sundrops - Lights in Motion (last two are definitely psytrance but still on the lighter side)

-Phutureprimitive - Subconscious

Shulman, Talpa, M.E.E.O, Seahorse Transform, Slackbaba.... the list goes on...

I'll stop there because it takes long enough to actually listen to all this and decipher what you really enjoy. Cheers.

listen to this in a loop for a few hours, then go to listen to the rest of what's been posted.

Try and see if you hear a difference.

Mate, do you mean that if you listened to that SHITE over and over again for hours then your ears would bleed and your brain would attempt to hemorrhage itself and you'd no longer be able to hear the difference between music & garbage?