female voices

draeke

..compiling a cd.

not for release but to show what can be done with female vocals in trance / chill / dub / electro, whatever.

there is this friend of mine who sings well and i want to make her sing or chant or something into electronic music, and i know some musicians with whom she could co operate, but i have to prepare a sort of "demo" to let her hear what people are doing around.. as she is pretty new to these genres.

she knows pop / rock / house / dance stuff and can sing well but i would want her to try smth different.

any suggestion in the wide range of electronic music is welcome..

i will start saying that i remember some chants into some talpa tracks, and into some chill from sunline records (like new zymosis) but my memory is leaking as my time is limited to compile this disc..

so any quick suggestion is welcome :)

hope my post is clear :D

..compiling a cd.

not for release but to show what can be done with female vocals in trance / chill / dub / electro, whatever.

there is this friend of mine who sings well and i want to make her sing or chant or something into electronic music, and i know some musicians with whom she could co operate, but i have to prepare a sort of "demo" to let her hear what people are doing around.. as she is pretty new to these genres.

she knows pop / rock / house / dance stuff and can sing well but i would want her to try smth different.

any suggestion in the wide range of electronic music is welcome..

i will start saying that i remember some chants into some talpa tracks, and into some chill from sunline records (like new zymosis) but my memory is leaking as my time is limited to compile this disc..

so any quick suggestion is welcome :)

hope my post is clear :D

Shpongle :D

Shpongle :D

well i placed anubis - invocation .. which is Simon and there is a beautiful voice, but i will think of one shpongle track that fits...

but hey thanks for quick reply

so far i thought of:

talpa - the moon

zymosis - needle

gargoyles - spacebaby

anubis - invocation

Grassskirt - On my own

and some off topic material like electro groups etc.. but i would want to put some others "goa/chill" alike tracks :)

My favourite track ever with female voice is Sub6 - 7th Son (Ticon Remix). The original is great too but it's the Ticon remix that makes me lose my mind. Not only the voice acting is superb but also the music itself. Imho this track is a must if you want to show her how noice vocals can be.

Another one of my favourites, even when it is more from the regular progressive/minimal side is Terry Grant feat. Jennifer Horne - I'll Kill you. Again the singing is absolutely mindblowing here. It what gives the whole track its sense if you know what I mean.

thanks a lot :) you all!

Etnoscope has a female voice ... no text though, at least no real one

check out their tracks Sunrise, King Size Rizzla and Qula.

Also check out the great song Banco De Gaia - Obsidian!

(thinking about it, the Banco tune she'll probably like more ... you should definitely give it a spin!)

Binah - Crescend Suns its Simon plus Michele if I remember correctly, can be found on the comp spiritual worlds and shamanic beats

Royksoop - What else is there? its proggy house but nice

My favourite female vocal is actually a sort of primal weird vocal sample from middle of The Nommos - Amma

On Hibernation - Some Things Never Change, #5 has some vocals at the end rather jazzy.

thanks for so many comments, i will have to compile another cd for her!

about the younger brother track and other similars, these are lovely but i don't really need to make her listen tracks with voices heavily distorted, i need clean vocals as i would want her voice to be heard and not computer alike (even if melodious like in younger brother).

again thanks for all the input :)

My favourite track ever with female voice is Sub6 - 7th Son (Ticon Remix). The original is great too but it's the Ticon remix that makes me lose my mind. Not only the voice acting is superb but also the music itself. Imho this track is a must if you want to show her how noice vocals can be.

:wub: :wub:

May I also point out Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkPJX0TxZwI

One of my alltime melodic trance favourites. And might be the finest and trippiest use of female vocals in electronic music.