Psyshop charts

Ormion

I did it once. I downloaded the whole chart to get some fresh air, too see what's the world up too. And I was throwing up for the rest of the week. It was mix of uninspiring repeting prog-psy of very average quality. Since then I don't wonder anymore why the world is going down.

charts are based on sales... do you trust them? FOOLS! ;)

But then st. is wrong, because category of "beaty" is of universal principle and if people prefer ugliness... just imagine Hustler with the fat, ugly chicks...

charts are based on sales...

Yes, and I suspect there's another factor at play here: psyshop doesn't stock enough of many decent CDs for them to chart, even if they're popular. I noticed, for example, that Midnight's Shared Blossom was out of stock within days of its release, but was nowhere to be seen in their top 20.

Yes, and I suspect there's another factor at play here: psyshop doesn't stock enough of many decent CDs for them to chart, even if they're popular. I noticed, for example, that Midnight's Shared Blossom was out of stock within days of its release, but was nowhere to be seen in their top 20.

Are you saying that Psyshop does that on purpose? From a financial point of view that simply doesn't make sense. Psyshop is a company made to make money - then why on earth would they stock less of a batch of CD's, when they know they are going to sell? It's probably the fault of the distribution instead.

I don't know if you can count on the Psyshop charts, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were true - acts like SUN Project, Vibrasphere, Atmos, Symphonix, Electric Universe, Sesto Sento, Space Tribe, Neelix, Liquid Soul, Neelix etc. are very popular, so it's no wonder they've made it to the top20. You might wonder about some of the more unknown releases like New Perspective vol 2. and the Minoru album, but they are both from pretty big German labels and have both been featured as CD of the week.

Saikosounds has a chart as well by the way:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/top_ten.asp

Ok, that was just how I interpreted your post :)

I apologise. I was merely attempting to point out that psyshop's chart should be considered a self-fulfilling prophecy as much as a genuine indicator of popularity.

I don't really understand why you people are complaining? 6 of the top 10 positions are held by popular psy artists:

1. SUN Project

2. Vibrasphere

3. Atmos

7. Electric Universe

8. Sesto Sento

9. Space Tribe

... what exactly did you people expect to see in the top 10 if not these names???

I don't really understand why you people are complaining? 6 of the top 10 positions are held by popular psy artists:

1. SUN Project

2. Vibrasphere

3. Atmos

7. Electric Universe

8. Sesto Sento

9. Space Tribe

... what exactly did you people expect to see in the top 10 if not these names???

Since Psyshop is a psytrance shop it should have only psytrance acts in their charts.

Take a listen to the rest (except Phatmatix and Ace Ventura) and tell me how do you call this music.

Since Psyshop is a psytrance shop it should have only psytrance acts in their charts.

Take a listen to the rest (except Phatmatix and Ace Ventura) and tell me how do you call this music.

ok, I don't know ALL the names but from the ones I know:

S.U.N. Project : well-known psytrance act

Vibrasphere: well-known psytrance act

Atmos: well-known psytrance act

Electric Universe: well-known psytrance act

Sesto Sento: well-known psytrance act

Space Tribe: well-known psytrance act

Ovnimoon: well-known psytrance act

Chromosome: well-known psytrance act

Alien Project: well-known psytrance act

Infected Mushroom: well-known psytrance act

Fatali: well-known psytrance act

Unless you're from some parallel universe where this music is called rock and roll, I fail to see your problem? :huh:

Compilation - New Perspective 2

Symphonix - The Wild Life

Minoru - Minoru

Compilation - 1001 Flights

Neelix - You're Under Control

Compilation - Time Table

Liquid Soul - Love In Stereo

How about these?

Anyway maybe it's failed topic, but I found strange to see so many non psytrance releases in Psytrance shop, that's all.

This is an authentic list of the most bought albums on psyshop, right? There is no bribes in the picture by YSE, eh? lol

So isn't there a saying that states; "The majority is almost* always wrong"' "Tastes are like asses, their separated and most often they stink" ?

*Where is psykovsky on that list?

*cool to see S.U.N. Projects ion numba ona. Not my cup but props their way! Nostalgic :]

Btw. Something off the topic thing word I just found in the dictionary and wanted some ?'s on:

psyton

/si:'ton/ n. [TMRC] The elementary particle carrying the sinister force. The probability of a process losing is proportional to the number of psytons falling on it. Psytons are generated by observers, which is why demos are more likely to fail when lots of people are watching. [This term appears to have been largely superseded by bogon; see also quantum bogodynamics. --ESR]

Edited by psytones

Btw. Something off the topic thing word I just found in the dictionary and wanted some ?'s on:

psyton

/si:'ton/ n. [TMRC] The elementary particle carrying the sinister force. The probability of a process losing is proportional to the number of psytons falling on it. Psytons are generated by observers, which is why demos are more likely to fail when lots of people are watching. [This term appears to have been largely superseded by bogon; see also quantum bogodynamics. --ESR]

Cool! B)

Compilation - New Perspective 2

Symphonix - The Wild Life

Minoru - Minoru

Compilation - 1001 Flights

Neelix - You're Under Control

Compilation - Time Table

Liquid Soul - Love In Stereo

How about these?

Anyway maybe it's failed topic, but I found strange to see so many non psytrance releases in Psytrance shop, that's all.

well progressive psy is officially psytrance, even if not everyone's cup of tea and a lot of people (including me) would like to see it off the "official psytrance subgenre" list... I can't really comment on all the names since I'm not much into progressive but I know a few people from psynews love the stuff released by Iboga records so...

Well sure, I do not see stuff like Perfect Stranger, Ticon or The Delta as psy anymore, and of course, it is a bit wrong to sell it on "PsyShop"... but so should not some of the Dark Psy, as for me, it has nothing to do with PSY TRANCE anymore. But on the other hand, as so many people have pointed out to me, they are deriviates of PSY and... oh well, its a never ending story.

Catch my drift? :)

I say all of those releases have right to be sold on psyshop.

Psytrance is a lifestyle just not music for many of us. With festivals going for days, we need different kinds of music to be played at different times of day and different times of the festival.

well progressive psy is officially psytrance, even if not everyone's cup of tea and a lot of people (including me) would like to see it off the "official psytrance subgenre list"... I can't really comment on all the names since I'm not much into progressive but I know a few people from psynews love the stuff released by Iboga records so...

Well sure, I do not see stuff like Perfect Stranger, Ticon or The Delta as psy anymore, and of course, it is a bit wrong to sell it on "PsyShop"... but so should not some of the Dark Psy, as for me, it has nothing to do with PSY TRANCE anymore. But on the other hand, as so many people have pointed out to me, they are deriviates of PSY and... oh well, its a never ending story.

Catch my drift? :)

Well you both got me wrong here. Of course I believe that Prog is a psytrance subgenre. This is why I said that Ace Ventura is psytrance. I can also understand acts that once was a psytrance group but not anymore (like Ticon) being on that list.

But Neelix? Or the 1001 Flights comp? That's not progressive psytrance, not even progressive trance.

Remember the Peter Gun (or something) debut album? Psyshop promoted it although it was a tech house. It seems that Psyshop has a big profit from this kind of releases.

And it's kinda strange a psyshop to sell so many non psy cds (and especially vinyls).

That is all :)

Well you both got me wrong here. Of course I believe that Prog is a psytrance subgenre. This is why I said that Ace Ventura is psytrance. I can also understand acts that once was a psytrance group but not anymore (like Ticon) being on that list.

But Neelix? Or the 1001 Flights comp? That's not progressive psytrance, not even progressive trance.

Remember the Peter Gun (or something) debut album? Psyshop promoted it although it was a tech house. It seems that Psyshop has a big profit from this kind of releases.

And it's kinda strange a psyshop to sell so many non psy cds (and especially vinyls).

That is all :)

Do you think that they will stop selling stuff cause it is not Psy enough? Remember that it is in their interest to sell and make money, and therefor, it does not matter if it derives from the original idea of the site. Maybe they should change name of the site, but that makes little sense either. So, until we are less "genre focused", we have to live with the fact that stuff that is not PSY will be sold on PsyShop :) Yeah, and it might be sad for some people that some NON PSY releases are in the top sellers, but thats just how it is, and I can only suggest that you LIVE WITH IT! :lol: