Man With No Name - Way Out West EP

Lemmiwinks

discogs link

A Way Out West

B From Within The Mind Of My 909

Being a big MWNN fan I was always intrigued to see that he was already releasing music in 1990. So I got this EP thinking I'd find some early trance with the typical MWNN touch. Well, once I finally got hold of it I was utterly dissapointed cause this has absolutley nothing to do with MWNN's later style, and even nothing to do with trance. Side A is a silly acid house track with samples from the classic western The Good The Bad and The Ugly. Actually if I didn't see "Martin Freeland" specifically written on the record, I would've thought it was just another artist who happened to have the same name. Side B is a bit more underground and even a bit of a trancy feeling here and there but still nothing close to his later style. So if you get this one it should be for historical purposes ONLY, the musical value is close to 0...

discogs link

A Way Out West

B From Within The Mind Of My 909

Being a big MWNN fan I was always intrigued to see that he was already releasing music in 1990. So I got this EP thinking I'd find some early trance with the typical MWNN touch. Well, once I finally got hold of it I was utterly dissapointed cause this has absolutley nothing to do with MWNN's later style, and even nothing to do with trance. Side A is a silly acid house track with samples from the classic western The Good The Bad and The Ugly. Actually if I didn't see "Martin Freeland" specifically written on the record, I would've thought it was just another artist who happened to have the same name. Side B is a bit more underground and even a bit of a trancy feeling here and there but still nothing close to his later style. So if you get this one it should be for historical purposes ONLY, the musical value is close to 0...

You are right, it has nothing to do with later Psy that he made. However, he released music already in the 80s not 90 :Dhttp://www.discogs.com/artist/Martin+Freeland?noanv=1

:)

I have most of that stuff, and I love it. But if you can not stand acid house and house, then you wont like it of course.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Perfectly+Ordinary+People

Dig deep and the rabit hole gets deeper :D UK Psy, I think was heavily influenced by Acid House back in the day :D

You are right, it has nothing to do with later Psy that he made. However, he released music already in the 80s not 90 :Dhttp://www.discogs.com/artist/Martin+Freeland?noanv=1

:)

I have most of that stuff, and I love it. But if you can not stand acid house and house, then you wont like it of course.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Perfectly+Ordinary+People

Dig deep and the rabit hole gets deeper :D UK Psy, I think was heavily influenced by Acid House back in the day :D

oh yes but I was speaking about the MWNN alias cause I somehow supposed that he made trance under that name. Anyway, it all makes you wonder why it took him so much to make the killer melodies for which he was later known for. Ah well, better late than never as they say ;)

oh yes but I was speaking about the MWNN alias cause I somehow supposed that he made trance under that name. Anyway, it all makes you wonder why it took him so much to make the killer melodies for which he was later known for. Ah well, better late than never as they say ;)

;) What did you expect from if it was from 1990? I mean, dont you think that if this would have been THE FIRST goa release that people wouldnt be all over it and been mentioned BEFORE 2009? LOL!

;) What did you expect from if it was from 1990? I mean, dont you think that if this would have been THE FIRST goa release that people wouldnt be all over it and been mentioned BEFORE 2009? LOL!

well actually if you look at my reviews you'll find quite a few EPs released in 1990 that were much more interesting musically-wise and closer to the goatrance sound than this (and not many mentioned before 2009 either ;) -- I mean at least on psynews ). Agreed, goatrance was non existent back then but I like that crossblend between New Beat and early trance that some records from the time had :)