Elysium - Project One EP

Lemmiwinks

discogs link

A1 Interpretation Of Dreams (9:06)

A2 Subconsciousness (8:54)

B1 Mind Travel (6:41)

B2 Aliens (10:29)

After some searching I've finally managed to get a hold of THE first ever release by Elysium. Actually at the beginning Elysium was 2 people: Kristian Thinning Andersen which we all know and Carsten Wigant who eventually split and got forgotten by music history.

Interpretation of Dreams is "morning trance" as it used to be called back then: slow trance with many nature samples, very nice to get in the mood.

Subconsciousness is a pretty "normal" goatrance track, although when you think that it was made in 1994, a time when most goatrance artists were still searching for their sound, it is pretty impressive.

Mind Travel is a downtempo track, I won't call it chill-out cause it's not really soothing, more on the disturbed and twisted side. Still, a nice track :)

Aliens is closer to the classic trance sound, Eye Q style: not too fast, not too slow, with a great slow buildup and nice atmospheric pads. It is also the one I prefer here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aliens track is fucking amazing, way ahead of its time.. tribal/hypnotic goa trance in the same vein as the later tracks by Kristian when he was in Sheyba. And its even more amazing when you think about the limited studio equipment he had back then, according to what he him self said here on psynews in some old thread, a Roland Jupiter-8 synthesizer, Roland Juno 106, a digital sequencer and a very simple yamaha mixing desk and yamaha multi effect, some basic drum machine/sampler etc