.:::Solar Fields, Aes Dana, Asura, Chronos, Ra and more !

Nice concept and it all seems like quite a rewarding initiative. I think I will gladly be a part of it. :)

But please, keep in mind one thing: the mere fact you print 300 copies of a CD does not (never did, never will) automatically imply that your release will be a highly sought after collector item in a few months. Maybe no one succeeds in getting more than 3 quid for it on eBay. Can you guarantee otherwise and use that as a bulletproof justification of the price?

I have vinyls which never were distributed in more than 50 copies, and don't know anybody willing to pay a beer to get hold of 'em.

Likewise, this very scene has highly sought after collector gems which were printed in thousands of copies, and I would be very surprised if any one of your forthcoming releases ever managed to make them run for their money...

So, once again, very nice you're trying out something different and original, but the quantity does not validate, imply or justify anything, and I do mean anything.

Anyways, good news! Hope to hear some music soon! B)

Very well put.

The fact that you limit a certain release to 300 does not automatically imply quality, and your representation comes across as a classic marketing strategy whereas one tries to package something as very exclusive that people will hopefully associate with quality and buy it.

It's sort of disappointing to see you mention how you're saving money on local printing as opposed to international shipping for example, yet you are refusing to pass on those savings onto your customer, even if it's a struggling student.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmogenesis

I discovered this topic today and I felt really bad with what I read here. On the one hand, I see someone doing hard efforts to launch a fresh new ambient label with an impressive release ; on the other, some guys complaining and turning this promotional announcement into polemics. That's not really nice. :(

I understand why some of you are unhappy with the price and the number of copies, we are all living in a bad period with an international crisis, and life is hard nowadays. But did you make this effort to put yourself in the shoes of Zen? It's hard for him as well, and I fully agree with all what he said. He has to cover crazy costs to pay all the artists. Just look at the tracklist! Aes Dana (!!!) Asura (!!!), Solar Fields (!), Chronos (!), RA (so happy to see them appearing on this VA/!!), whowww! I know how much some of those artists are asking, and I don't know if he will do any profits with this release... Probably not. But he doesn't mind to offer us "la creme de la creme" with the best artists reunited on a same compilation! :clapping: Chi-a.d. will even be on the next VA/! What else can we ask?

Also Zen admits himself he can't sell 1000 copies. It's an ambient release and he's not organizing live gigs every week to sell his stock out.

Anyway, it's useless to speak more about it, he gave his personal arguments, it's his label after all, and we have to respect his decision, even if we don't agree at all. :)

Enough about business talk, let's exchange some musical views. For my part, the tracklist, theme and long extracts I have heard convinced me enough to order a copy right now! Check your PM, Zen B)

Hey Guys,

Thanx for your interrest and comments, everything here is interresting to read.

So I went to the press plant today and checked for another packaging to save on useless fees.

Deluxe Digipacks 100% recycled/Eco are exxxtremely expensive and this was first part of my mind.

But we had a good talk with guys there about a Digipack "mailer" FC compliant type of packaging, it's like a 4 panel Digipack without the plastic tray.CD is inserted in between the carton on one side.

So even better the 300 Digipacks "mailer" hand numbered versions will costs less and I opted for no plastic wrapping in any way.

I'll also print 200 other carton - like style of packaging (alike Entheogenic last album) eco friendly FC compliant as well.

So I'll match both my will to release Eco friendly releases and maybe meet people who are not happy to pay more than 10eur a CD ^_^

Of course the 300 Mailer-Digipacks will be numbered but not the 200 others (I have to print a minimum of 500 CD's as to get a proper Glass master (no CDr's).

Now the good news is that an Eco Digipack-mailer will cost only 16eur Worldwide Priority Postage Incl. and simple Eco-cart with inserted CD on one side will cost 10eur Worldwide Priority Postage Incl.

So I'll refund 6eur. to everyone who already sent me the 22eur as preorders.

Then tonite I'll change infos on my website and such as the release date will be also postponed until 20/02 because of the 2 way of packaging, this will take 5 days more to be completed.

Thanx for your interrest again! ;)

just to avoid a misapprehension, my personal objection was not about the price.

i did not find the price high for such an eco packaging.

mine was only about that hard limitation, cause with such a tracklist and admirable concept this will become a sought after quite soon.

and then? but it is positive that this release will be finally available in 500 copies, really brave.

When and where will I be able to get a digital copy of this fine piece? :)

I'll sign with PlanetOrigo.com, Goatrax...etc, and InGrooves ...

So You'll have it at PlanetOrigo and in all Itunes, etc,... e-stores some time soon...

About Beatport, they do not carry much psy-ambient or they take a while before having this,...

[edit] btw I'll also distribute the .Wav's, .mp3's and .Flac by myself tomorrow as well, so look up again on the "preorders' page so you'll find an option to buy the whole release with hi-quality covers ;)

Thx!

• 3 weeks later...

CD "Air" v/a now released!!

Enjoy :)

After seeing all the conversation in this forum.. I was really worried... all these artists, a label I really want to support, and a CD I can't afford... then I got to this last page of posts and see the good news. I will be purchasing this album with the money from my next check, and amazing job of working with your customers Zen... oh, and thank you! :posford:

first i have to say goodluck gab.

very nice compilation and very nice art work.

im sure no one will be disapointed.

i just reccomended to all to purchase it before its no more,i know dj zen since 10 years ago we are working togthere and i know i job.

just grab it .....

goodluck again gab and goodluck to all artist that involve in that compilation.

regards

kagdila crew