The Science of Sleep ( La Science des rêves)

Aeros

If I know anything I know this indy movie will resonate with a lot of you here, since it does very much with me... This is a good movie for sure. I would be very surprised if i'm the only one who has seen it here, though it isn't a very well spread out film.

Here is the IMDB profile...hopefully I can inspire you all to look it up and watch it :)

"A man entranced by his dreams and imagination is lovestruck with a French woman and feels he can show her his world. "

The Science of Sleep

From one of the dream sequences from the film...describes it well :) -->

I have a very particular fascination with any films that really go far out about dreams, or some form of surealist reality...I wonder if any of you share my taste? What movies strike you as particularly immersive and eye opening with regards to the unusual? I can mention the classic Memento to spur some of your memories, or to offer just an example :)

Loved Science of Sleep. Michel Gondry also has another decent film, 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' (based on a true story I think).

More dreamlike films... I'd definitely say a lot of David Lynch is really dreamlike, though they tend to be a bit darker dreams than Science of Sleep... I recommend Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire.

I have a very particular fascination with any films that really go far out about dreams, or some form of surealist reality...I wonder if any of you share my taste? What movies strike you as particularly immersive and eye opening with regards to the unusual? I can mention the classic Memento to spur some of your memories, or to offer just an example :)

i absolutely loved this movie. maybe liked it more than eternal sunshine of spotless mind...

dreamy and surrealistic movies are my favorites too :) definitely check out Paprika if you haven't already

Michel Gondry also has another decent film, 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' (based on a true story I think).

I'm not too sure about this one you mentioning. I rented it, left at at home and neither my dad, mom, or brother could finish the whole thing thing. It had some pretty interesting POV shots worthy of some credits in film school, but that's about it. The story line was sooo sloowww and uneventful, you literally had to be sitting in an asylum with everything but one eye working to be able to finish that snore fest :P But that was my experience... I did like Science of Sleep very much, though

dreamy and surrealistic movies are my favorites too smile.gif definitely check out Paprika if you haven't already

Seen it, quite a good one, although some of the plot and characters are a little childish and simplistic, but the rest is magnificent :)

So should I bring up Serial Expiraments Lain? ;)

There is simply nothing like this anywhere, nothing comes close...as far as sureal and mind expanding goes, Lain tops my list. Actually I think it might be on the very top.

Brilliant film, one of my favourites :D

Loved Science of Sleep. Michel Gondry also has another decent film, 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' (based on a true story I think).

That wasn't michael gondry, it was by a french director!! Maybe you are thinking of eternal sunshine of the spotless mind? Both are amazing anyway :)

If it wasn't for the love story then it would be one of my fav films. The same with Eternal Sunshine.

Still both of them have the most 'realistic' dream/subconscious enviroments ever created.

But you know...I hate love stories.