Recent ratings

Ormion

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amadeus Director's Cut

One of the best movies I have ever watched. The direction, the script, the music, the art direction and of course tha acting were superb. F.Murray Abraham's performances as Antonio Salieri is one of the best in history IMO.

10/10

Quantum Of Solace

Good things:

-Finally some action

-No boring love stories on the beach

-A cruel, serial killer Bond

-No unnecessary sex scenes

-No CGI overuse

-Olga Kirilenko

-Some great shots by Marc Forster

-Typical Bond villain

Bad things:

-Mediocre script, filled with holes

-Too short

-Annoying fast editing and shaky cameras in the action sequences

-No sex scenes with Olga Kirilenko

-Marc Forster didn't leave his personal signature

-Typical Bond villain (that's both good and bad)

7/10

Network (1976)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074958/

I'd give this dark comedy a 9/10... has anyone here seen it? There are some absolutely killer lines in this flick (many of which are recognizable from tracks released over the years).

Oh, yea, I loved this one, lot of quotes that today are still just as accurate as they were then.

I watched The Fall, I think it's hyped too much, it's not bad, but certainly not that good either imo.

I'd rate this one 7/10.

Yesterday I saw Boy A, it's about a guy who commited a terrible crime when he was still a kid, so terrible that he needed another identity when he was released from prison when he was 24, and had to move to another town and start a new life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1078188/

The theme might probably be controversial for some, well, at least it made me think about the issue presented here.

The storyline is great, slowly releasing more and more information as the movie goes, untill the revealing plot.

Normally I tend to forget about movies pretty soon, but this one will be stuck in my head for a while, I'm shure.

I'd say 9/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Body of lies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758774/

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Wonder why it wasn't nominated for an oscar? If not for individual performances then at least for best movie. Ridley scott delivers again. Great plot and even better direction. Watch it for an insight into how the cia operates ;)

8.5/10

UGLY, DIRTY & BAD ( 1976 ) ETTORE SCOLA

Over the top dark comedy with heavy dramatic elements, italian usual dysfunctional hysteric family issues, sort of like bad trip Amarcord.

The film is about poor people in Rome, that live sort of like gypsies, having dirty, unsolved issues among family, incest, scandals and lots of frauds. It is quirky realism, with the funny moments and lots of outrageous scenes. Sick, dirty and ugly people all around doing nasty things. But all with a message about humanity and mankind. Recommended. 8/10

Taken (2008)

Won't tell anything about the plot because that could be a spoiler.

Fast,hard,intense, lots of action and a bit of cruelty. Maybe just a tiny bit unrealistic, but without this there would be no movie.

8/10

check it, it's short anyways (93 minutes)

The wild blue yonder.

I had a mixed reaction to this movie. On the one hand I thought it was really fascinating how the director used footage of space and underwater to tell a fictional story through real life images creating a surreal mindscape for the viewer. The underwater images were absolutely alien! On the other the footage of NASA astronauts flying about doing their thing got a bit boring and the soundtrack just did not gel. somewhere i got the feeling is trying to capture the tedium and incongruity of life but there are better ways of doing it. I think moviemakers should take a cue and better herzog's effort in making innovative, out of the box scifi films. This one would have had a better impact if it was slightly shorter, well edited and the character narrating relaxed a bit.

6.5/10

Taken (2008)

Won't tell anything about the plot because that could be a spoiler.

Fast,hard,intense, lots of action and a bit of cruelty. Maybe just a tiny bit unrealistic, but without this there would be no movie.

8/10

check it, it's short anyways (93 minutes)

+1 really nice movie

Ong bak 2: Martial arts movie from thailand. A follow-up to the great ong bak 1 movie. THis one is FULL of action, actually the movie is a qlimax ALL the way through the movie (which isn't a good thing) and the plot is rediculous, but does stuff like this matter when you just want to see some blood? 7/10 for the awesome fightscenes

:lol: I watched Ong Bak 1 years ago, it was killar :D

Get Smart 7/10 - Much better then what I thought it would be. Could have some more haha's though.

The Day the Earth Stood Still 7,5/10 - I like it since i like these kinds of movies. A Ok watch but in a week you will forget the content.

Wanted 6,5/10 - I want to do Angelina many times. Sort of a mix of Matrix, Leon and Ronin :P

The Futurama Movie 4 4/10 - It is ze booring.

Paprika 8,5/10 - Beautiful Japanese Anime story.

Ghost In the Shell 3 - 6/10 Boring but Ok and nice

Breaking the Silence 8/10 but Zeitgeist is better for the youth to get a larger overview

James Bond: Quantum of Solace 7/10 action bla pause action bla pause action bla pause action bla pause action bla pause action bla pause action

HellBoy 8/10 - Its really good with some suprises of being diverse and entertaining as the story evolves.

HellBoy II same as above, but bigger and more of more. But not better in all.

Yes Man 7/10 - an ok comedy with some cuteness and good feel to it. I also fear I'm not enough sometimes. Yes!

Benjamin Button 6.5/10 - Good movie yet extremly boring. Yawn. I was dissepointed that he didn't end up as a sperm on the floor.

Death Race 3000 6(10 - fun car action with guns. Works as brain dead entertainment.

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa 6.5/10 - Everyone loved Madagascar, I thought it was Ok and a little boring. Same goes for the second one.

Tropic Thunder 6.5/10 - R.D. Jr

RocknRolla 8/10 - entertaining brit gangsta movie with fun actors good plot and guy richie behind the wheels.

The Big Labowski 8.5/10 - Classic movie.

Body of Lies

Uhm, what? 3/10

Couldn't have been that bad , could it ? yes russel crowe over did it with the word 'buddy' , other than that cant see how the movie deserves such a low score.

Couldn't have been that bad , could it ? yes russel crowe over did it with the word 'buddy' , other than that cant see how the movie deserves such a low score.

Well, it just got this "why-did-I-watch-it?" feeling. It didn't go anywhere. Felt nothing for the characters. I really think it's that bad.

Recent ratings

Die Welle - Very good movie about fascism, but it could be even more convincing with some extra hour.

7.5/10

The Punisher: War Zone - Way better than what I was expecting and actually really loyal to the comic.

6.5/10

Monsters Inc. - For the second time. Pure Pixar awesomeness.

9/10

Fanboys - Comedy about some Star Wars fans. Didn't like it all and I am a Star Wars fan (not a fanboy though).

3.5/10

Chocolate - Thai martial arts movie from the director/choreographer of Ong-Bak and Protector. Horrible plot, great fights, but not at Tony Jaa level.

6.5/10

Eagle Eye - Pure Hollywood action flick. Way too unrealistic, but entertaining.

7/10

Mirrors - Nice idea, but mediocre movie. Not really scary and Kiefer Sutherland is bad casting.

5/10

Napoleon Dynamite - For second time. Wtf comedy, much funnier when you rewatch it.

8/10

I also watched again all the Aliens.

Alien - One of the true cinema masterpieces.

10/10

Aliens - Not as great as the original, but one of the best example of serious sci-fi action movie.

8.5/10

Alien 3 - Mediocre, rushed movie. A huge dissapointment, although it has an interesting nihilistic feeling

6/10

Alien: Resurrection - Bizarre, almost surreal sequel, with great casting and effects. From Jean-Pierre Jeunet the director of Amelie, City Of Lost Children and Delicatessen.

7.5/10

Mirrors - Nice idea, but mediocre movie. Not really scary and Kiefer Sutherland is bad casting.

5/10

Lame

Napoleon Dynamite - For second time. Wtf comedy, much funnier when you rewatch it.

8/10

Laughed my ass of the first time, must see it again... Love those nerd movies :D

Aliens - Not as great as the original, but one of the best example of serious sci-fi action movie.

8.5/10

My favorite movie in my childhood, still think it's awesome and by far the best alien movie!

I liked the third Alien movie the best. I liked the dirty, dystopian nature of it.

Agreed, but still second part owns it. Have you seen the director's cut of the third ? 25 more minutes added, even better than theatrical release...

I liked the third Alien movie the best. I liked the dirty, dystopian nature of it.

I liked that too, but tbh it doesn't feel like an Alien movie. No horror, no suspense, no action, all you get is some first person Alien shots at the end.

About Aliens I only have two complains (and the only reason I don't give it a straight 10).

Firstly, although it's pure action film it would work better with more horror. There's no real horror IMO, just suspense.

The second (and most important) is that the aliens were too expendable in the movie. Very easy to be killed. In the briefing sequence Ripley informed the marines how badass the xenomorph is, but in the movie all the aliens are killed so easily. And yes the marines had super arsenal, but there are shots when aliens are killed by two bullets!

IMO it would work better with fewer, but more die hard aliens. Still a classic though.

But I don't think nothing comes close to the first one. Pure alien horror! :ph34r:

I think I'm gonna buy the Quadrilogy. B)

I also watched again all the Aliens.

Alien - One of the true cinema masterpieces.

10/10

8.5/10

Alien 3 - Mediocre, rushed movie. A huge dissapointment, although it has an interesting nihilistic feeling

6/10

Alien: Resurrection - Bizarre, almost surreal sequel, with great casting and effects. From Jean-Pierre Jeunet the director of Amelie, City Of Lost Children and Delicatessen.

7.5/10

My pics would be :

ALIEN - 9/10

ALIENS - 10/10

ALIEN 3 - 8/10

ALIEN : RESSURECTION - 6/10