Good weird and funny movies

Anoebis

I'm looking for more funny movies, but not slapstick, rather funny british stuff style Monty Python or Fawlty Towers :D Help me (Bottom was ok as well)

Not shure what you mean about slapstick movies.... Do you like black amr humor ala Will ferrell???

If you do, then you'll love Anchorman ... One of the funniest movies i have ever seen :) Either you hate it, or you will laugh your ass off for the whole 90 minutes !

Not shure what you mean about slapstick movies.... Do you like black amr humor ala Will ferrell???

If you do, then you'll love Anchorman ... One of the funniest movies i have ever seen :) Either you hate it, or you will laugh your ass off for the whole 90 minutes !

Will Ferrell = black humour??!! Not in my books it certainly doesn't!! I'm definately one of those that fall into the hate category.

If you want an AMAZING british comedy drama to watch then I can't give a higher recommendation than Withnail and I. One of my favourite films about two washed up, alcoholic actors who go on a crazy trip to the countryside for a week.

Hard to find Monty-quality out there. They are pretty wacko.

Top Secret - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088286/

Best.Comedy.Ever.

Indeet. Top quality. This one is loaded with parodies I can't really count all of them. Hilarious.

You must, MUST, MUST have a look at Tampopo. It is a Japanese film. I was laughing alot and smiled almost through the entire film. I usually am not too fond of the Japanese kind of humour but this one... cracy. I will try to make a proper review when I'll have more time (and a better internet :angry: ).

Usually I have a very hard time to laugh in films, but this one is top-notch IMO. Highly recommended.

Another funny film, but with a different kind of humour is of course Dr. Strangelove. Worth watching just for one of the best lines of cinema ever: "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!". And the very serious bodily fluids topic :lol: .

i would definitely recommend the yes minister and yes prime minister series if you like dry british humor and if you have an interest in politics. it can get a bit boring at times but personally i love it.

a great comedy i saw recently was called 'noise' -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425308/ -- about an obsessive new yorker who is driven mad by car alarms and becomes something of an anti-noise crusader. its not slapstick and its actually a very intelligent movie.

Will Ferrell is slapstick comedy. Black humor is like the recent movie "Burn After Reading" with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Which is an awesome movie, by the way.

Will Ferrell is slapstick comedy. Black humor is like the recent movie "Burn After Reading" with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Which is an awesome movie, by the way.

Hmm, fair enough... I like slapstick movies then :P And yeah, Burn after reading was nice :)

I must be the only one that loves Ghost Town with ricky gervais ...i thought it was hilarious.

Full Monty will always have a special place for me, two of my mates are in it.. (Steve Huison and Hugo Spiers)

i still love the old Carry On movies......

Funny british black comedy -> Death at a Funeral. Its a laugh fest from beginning to end, highly recommended!

Anything from Terry Gilliam, one part of Monty Python crew :

BRAZIL

TIME BANDITS

JABBERWOCKY

ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN

Also mentioned, black humor comedies by Zucker Brothers :

AIRPLANE!

TOP SECRET!

HOT SHOTS!

Also, some films by Wes Anderson are in similar comic vein :

THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS

THE LIFE AQUATIC OF STEVE ZISSOU

THE DARJEELING LIMITED

That was a good movie, but I didn't find it particularly funny overall. It left me with some slightly weird feelings.

No, but Colin F was pretty funny, like in the example Divine posted...

And I allmost fell off my chair when he karate-chopped the midget :lol:

it's probably not exactly what you're looking for but in the deranged sort of "comedy" nothing beats the series Kingdom Hospital (especially if you're familiar with various psychedellic substances lol)

man, i am so glad someone mentioned that. im a huge fan. you mean the lars von trier miniserieses right?