Jikkenteki - The Beginning Is At The End (Par-2 Productions 2009)

When I return to Toronto in July I will be working on getting a cover done... actually put together a photo shoot some months ago specifically for the album. Just need to do the work to get it all into a cohesive design and then we'll launch it on Ektoplazm. (Unless Rennis makes other arrangements with another label of course!)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

One of the best album in last two years. I was little afraid cause Infinity sounded to me as some extension of Long Walk Home. This was fresh from the beggining. And wav files really make your speakers sublime.

10/10

• 4 months later...

The final mastered version with complete cover artwork is now available from Ektoplazm!

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/jikkenteki-the-beginning-is-at-the-end/

Gah, my flac download gave a CRC error. Is the archive broken or did my download just fail? This is what I got:

Jikkenteki - The Beginning Is At The End - 2009 - FLAC.zip

size: 446033894 bytes

md5: ee25cc4d6a6ceff1afeb08bd2d2c1627

Holy cow, I knew it was supposed to be on Ektoplasm, but I honestly didn't think you would actually do it.

Well, the artwork looks very nice! Slightly creepy, that's good :D

I am happy you put it on Ekto since I think this album deserves to be known. IMO it features the best uptempo tracks from Jikkenteki and it is a diverse yet solid album. Self Destructing Mechanism is one of my 2009 tracks! If you haven't heard this album yet, go hear it.

Excluding the ambient part of The Long Walk Home, this is my Jikkenteki best album.

Will it be available on CD?

Gah, my flac download gave a CRC error. Is the archive broken or did my download just fail? This is what I got:

Jikkenteki - The Beginning Is At The End - 2009 - FLAC.zip

size: 446033894 bytes

md5: ee25cc4d6a6ceff1afeb08bd2d2c1627

No one else has reported any errors... can you try downloading again and let me know if the problem continues? It's still early :)

Alright, worked fine this time. Apparently just a glitch in the first transfer. I felt like asking before wasting another 425M of transatlantic bandwith.

Now playing.

(The correct MD5 is a64586c0038d66a127abe661976ec700 if anyone cares.)

• 1 month later...

WHY?!?

Damn it, Mr. Jikkenteki, you make the purest, most honest trance I have ever heard.

I just love your music. I hear it all the time.

The only thing that even comes close to your albums is Jaia's Blue Energy.

I can't believe you just stopped..

At least you left us your last work.

• 3 years later...

Was there never a review thread opened for this in the 2009 section?? :blink:

The album is wonderful.

Why do some talented artists get discovered while others remain hardly known? Jikkenteki deserves to be more wildly known in electronic music. Maybe one day he'll share his story, why he felt the urge to stop making music. His freedom of expression has raised the bar in music. This artist is extremely talented, skilled, and underrated.

I'm thankful and appreciative of these releases, and impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still floating around on occasion. I have a couple tracks from a couple years back that need finishing, but music making is pretty much at zero as we are raising an infant now and I don't have any studio space or the time to devote to any of the rough ideas I may have. For a few years there I had zero interest in making music at all so I suppose the fact that there is any interest at all now is a step forward.

glad you still with us bro!

yeah kids.... it's a full time job, my girl just turned 9

well when the little ones a bit older, and you searching for that me time

u may finish those tracks

and we be here........ waiting

greets from oz

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still floating around on occasion. I have a couple tracks from a couple years back that need finishing, but music making is pretty much at zero as we are raising an infant now and I don't have any studio space or the time to devote to any of the rough ideas I may have. For a few years there I had zero interest in making music at all so I suppose the fact that there is any interest at all now is a step forward.

That's good to hear, Rennis. Oh, and congrats on being featured so prominently on the new Ektoplazm Greatest Trips-compilation.

• 2 years later...