Psykovsky - Da Budet

buddha

Da Budet although not better than Debut (not even close) is a landmark in the history of psytrance, cause is the first ambient album made for dancing or alternatively the first darkpsy album made for relaxing.

Am I the only one who got that? :unsure:

• Like 1

I honestly think psykovsky reached that point you mentioned a while ago with Deja Vu project or on his own...was "Only Love (We will take)" ever meant to be an 18 min dancing saga ? North or South? I can't help but stand there when i listen to them, and half the times I enjoy them more if i'm laying down.

The reason i'm being so harsh, is because he has done great things, but in my opinion this is not one of them. If people found it good then maybe i'm missing something, and i'm probably just getting lazy to go scavenge it. I like it when skill slaps in the face and I don't have to dig deep.

This is one of the better darkpsy releases of the year. It's very smooth, mellow and almost an "easy-listening" album in terms of darkpsy genre. :) Usually even those who are not into it find this album enjoyable.

Da Budet although not better than Debut (not even close) is a landmark in the history of psytrance, cause is the first ambient album made for dancing or alternatively the first darkpsy album made for relaxing.

I've still not got Da Budet, but with regard to being the first darkspy album made for relaxing, I felt that Durdom and Multiple Personalities 3 served this purpose pretty well.

What's the difference between "psychedelic" and "psychotic" for you...

Interested to listen your opinions, as general mind-soul states, regardless of music, and then extended to the extent music is concerned..

Actually I found out "psychedelic" basically just means it's sense-expanding, so isn't it up to the listener what is psychedelic and what not? Hallucinogen might be psychedelic to some (most ? ), but it's just crap in my ears... Disgussion never ends... :)

I can see where you would call it ambient... although I would really like to hear him produce a true downtempo song/release... that would be VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRY interesting to my ears..

also to recap and note to any new readers... I think this release is complex.. possibly not "musically" but rythmically.... or in terms of deep modulation/experimentation with the new mellinia of DAW's.. I'd be very interested to have the actual harddrive used to make this album.. i can feel/hear that I would look at the files and have no clue what the fuck was going on.

in other words if your looking for trance that forces you to trance out.. maybe skip it. if your looking for chaotic mind manifesting darkness with fresh techniques... or well.. advanced from what was fresh on the last album.. then get it!

I don't specifically put this record in to dance.. or to chill.. or to mix.. I put it in to analyse.. I listen to to technical death metal and progressive rock.. this is what music has become for me... something to learn about and ponder the technicality of its creation............ so the fact that it is psychedelic and danceable is only a PLUS!!

so yeah it makes my stomach cringe... in a good way!

A lot of very nice melodies and psychedelic sounds in this album! :)

However, some of the key changes and melodies just seem out of place or arbitrary to me. I'm listening to P.S.Y. Love You right now, and its got your standard psy bassline & kick drum, and layered on top of this are some swirling, rhythmic, psychedelic sounds, but no musically tonal or melodic elements. Yet the bassline key is shifting. To me, this doesn't make sense. A key change only is musical to my ear if a scale and tonic key has been established and identified (with other melodic elements). Without this crucial information, my brain gets all tied in a knot when there's a key change, because I don't know if we're going from tonic to dominant or subdominant to tonic, etc.

I'm fine with non-melodic psy, it's just that the bassline key needs to stay constant, or only stray from the root key for short periods of time.

However, overall I applaud Psykovsky's effort and experimental bravery. 8/10, I'd say.

no, it can mean much more ('soul-revealing' / 'mind-manifesting' etc ) and not easy to give a concrete definition. Anyways.

I looked it up in a danish dictionary, what i wrote is directly translated... But i guess it coulf be wrong, I don't know....

Besides, try define "soul-revealing/manifesting" in terms of music :) Isn't that different from person to person as well?

I always thought of "psychedelic", when describing music, as indicating that the music was supposed to evoke the crazy alien headspace post DMT-rip... or inspired by the strange, avant-garde melodies that are heard whilst peaking on a couple strong tabs of acid.

That's what I consider true "psychedelic" music...

I always thought of "psychedelic", when describing music, as indicating that the music was supposed to evoke the crazy alien headspace post DMT-rip... or inspired by the strange, avant-garde melodies that are heard whilst peaking on a couple strong tabs of acid.

That's what I consider true "psychedelic" music...

Yeah I've tried to involve drugs into this disgussion before, but as I was told, even Bob Marley is "psychedelic" on acid... But it is the feeling you get from music while on psychoactive drugs, that is connected with the term "psychedelic music". But what is it? You cannot descripe it, or at least I just haven't heard it yet ;) But if psychedelic music means the state of mind your in on a trip, then it's really undefinable what music is psychedelic and what isn't :) Get my point?

Maybe this is just until someone prooves me wrong, I don't really have a clue anymore :P

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

Artist........ Psykovsky

Album......... Da Budet

Genre......... Psychedelic

Label......... Tantrum Records

Hyperlink..... http://www.tantrumrecords.org/

Catalog....... TANCD007

Store.Date.... 2009-01

Release.Date.. 2009-01-16

Playtime...... 78:36 min

Da Budet is the second album composed by Psykovsky...

...and is a momentous sequel to the Debut album. Da Budet embodies the essence of the unique Psykovsky style and captures the artist's musical evolution.

Formless acoustics set against rhythms, classical contexts and tempos that evolve and ascend.all contribute to awesome soundscapes that create vivid images.

Ever had that feeling you know you will love something to such an extent you might weep? It is so strong you could manage to wait for ages to have it, to listen to it because it is bound to deliver all of your inner feelings and joy? I set out to have super patience for this album; I am going to buy it as soon as possible, which turns out to be not so soon. Lucky for me the stock is still available and when my lucky day comes, I'll buy it and have my very first listen.

.. I feel pain of shame to say that I cheated, I couldn't help myself and I sort of listened to the P.S.Y. Love You track on YouTube. :ph34r:

10/10, it's everything good and interesting said on this thread about the music, and nothing of the ignorant and bad calls about the sound I have read in here.

This is it, it is the meaning of life at times, relaxing, chaotic, psychedelic, fun, interesting and weird. And best of all, beautiful.

Only question I have after hearing this one track is, will it be in my mind as good and orgasmic as the Debut album? I feel it will stand strongly by it's side.

one love :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Now I managed to get it. It was not easy.

I grew up on old-school goa trance (AP, Hallucinogen, Cosmosis and the like), so it was quite difficult for me to appreciate when darkness arrived - after or around the millennium. Up to this day, I cannot relate so completely to dark music as I could for example to some AP tracks (like Liquid Sun, oh my).

But this album is different.

At my first attempt I could not relate to it at all. But some days ago when I got home from work, I found myself in a highly energetic state (not tripping, just similar, with a lot of energy wanting to pour out into something) and decided to give this album a spin to see what it can do with the energy. Well, I was in for a ride. :)

The trick was that - thanks to the energy I had - I could follow the intensity as it built up and up and up until I reached a kind of climax where I had a breakthrough experience. The focused, intense "craziness" left the body, I became calm, and the perception of the music changed: instead of "random garbage", I heard a beautiful - sometimes even melancholical - symphony. I can very much relate to a previous poster who talked about this as "ambient" music. In the second part of the album, perfect old-school goa epiphanies are hidden "behind the veil". The last track actually made me cry, it touched my heart so deeply.

This music is full of love.

I'd like add these samples to the opening (or lack thereof) review. I haven't gotten the album (yet) so I can't say much, but the samples sound interesting. Btw regarding certain descriptive words like psychotic, madness, etc. I think we all have ways of describe music that sounds innovative at times, random yet flowing and/or new to our ears. I was never a fan of Psykovsky before but I'm making note of this one for now.

Btw I'm generally not a fan of fast beats in the approach here. With all the cool Psy work around it, I wonder why the artist approaches the beats this way, and how this album would have sounded with a less intense albeit uptempo, more friendly to dance too beat, I.e: Infected Mushroom and scores of other Psytrance artists.

OK, I'm not saying it's all bad but definately not as good as his first album and I'd pick Psychoz - 2012 No Return over this one anyday... 7/10

Someone has good taste in dark Psytrance. Psychoz - No Return was the last great dark psytrance album I bought, and thanks to Lemmi for providing a real review that contributed to me ordering it in he first place. Btw it would be nice if someone really reviewed this release.

Samples

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7701

you folks aware of the term: method to the madness?

I think that's the perfect descriptor for really great pshhheeekedelic music.

You ned the madness, you need the extra-sensorial overdose, yes by all means... but you (well, I actually) need some method; a guiding light... something to make sense of the mess to pull it all together. Do you folks see a clear (or slightly blurry) method to this madness? It's been a while since I heard this for the last time, but last time I checked it was missing for me. Maybe I need to look a bit deeper next time, maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...

you folks aware of the term: method to the madness?

I think that's the perfect descriptor for really great pshhheeekedelic music.

You ned the madness, you need the extra-sensorial overdose, yes by all means... but you (well, I actually) need some method; a guiding light... something to make sense of the mess to pull it all together. Do you folks see a clear (or slightly blurry) method to this madness? It's been a while since I heard this for the last time, but last time I checked it was missing for me. Maybe I need to look a bit deeper next time, maybe not.

Just grab a hold on the bassline and enjoy the flight :P