New To Psytrance

joytron

These days, you pretty much can only find psy or goa online. I mean, none of the dumb mall chain stores aren't going to even know what psy or goa are except by calling it techno. Which is annoying. I gave up buying music in stores a good while ago.

One of the coolest and most original goa trance tracks ever (and with Egypt style melodies included) is: Sundog - "Touch the Sun"

When it comes to Indian style tracks I can only think of Shiva Chandra's... Can't remember the track name though :/ ("Indian Spirit" or something? someone help here please)

You already got some fine recommendations to goa trance but I to have to add this comp to your musts: V/A - Dragonfly - Order Odonata - "The Technical Use Of Sound In Magick" Very melodic and beautiful songs there ;)

Shiva shidapu have a track called india spirit, not too sure about shiva chandra having any indian flavoured tracks.

:blink: I've been looking for that picture since I joined the site. The only one I could ever get hold of was so squashed it was pretty much impossible to read... so yeah. Thanks also Malevol3nt. I shall go and study it.

You'll be tested on it very shortly

Personally, I don't like that picture that much either. But I didn't make it.

I don't see no mention of Etnica,

the only X-dream release mentioned is "We Interface" which hardly shows what these guys have to offer,

and what is with the "Trance which is psychedellic" in the middle that eventually points to Solar Fields (Extended) and the rest of the ambient pack? This has close to nothing to do with trance, even less so psychedellic trance. I mean sure, these artists have some influence from trance, but these genres shouldn't really fall into the trance category.

Trance is music that is entrancing, from super fast dancefloor trance to chilled horizontal trance. I agree with extended being there ;)

2 of my all time favorites:

jikkenteki - flights of infinity

jikkenteki - the long walk home

that's a sick avatar BTW

I'd second those :D Par-2's compilations are nice also. Check out Anakoluth :ph34r:

Trance is music that is entrancing, from super fast dancefloor trance to chilled horizontal trance. I agree with extended being there ;)

Sure, but imo ambient music has it's own roots really. Still that picture to me seems to be more of a "my personal favourite music" then some kind of tree list of genres.

HI ya...

If you want to listen to ramdom stuff try these streams

Dark Psy (Not for everyone.. But it does grow on you after a long while)..... www.triplag.com

Normal and quilte full on.. http://www.philosomatika.com/

there is also http://www.psymusic.co.uk/

But Philosomatica is the better in my opinion.. :/

Have a listen and see what you think..

:)

wow i love you guys! i just want to stay home from work and school and listen to music all day.

so many good recs.

Ra-9th

Jikkenteki flights of infinty

12 Moons Solid state

ohhh and we are just getting started.

also found this mix from Anoebis- Storm in your head that i cant stop listening to

actually phylosomatica is one of the first things i heard and is really helping me find good tracks

thanks for all the recs!