New To Psytrance

joytron

This halloween i dropped at a party in san diego where my friend was a DJ. He played a psy set and I was totally blown away and am now on the hunt for more. I really have enjoyed the ektoplazm site and so far my favorites have been New Born's the Observer and Dad There Is an Alien Playing My Guitar (cosmo circle/never land.) I have always enjoyed ambient and Dub especially the works of Bill Laswell. I am also looking for more psy with Indian and Middle Eastern chants/rythms.

If there are any recomondations that would be really helpful. (Pretty open to anything but dark psy, just cant get into it)

Also is there a topic that shows all the different branches of psy, found one but the picture was removed.

thanks,

glad to be part of the forum and have already learned a lot just searching around.

jess

Seems you're a melodic sucka. That's cool.

A good way to find out is to read reviews on this site. They span from early 90s to this today.

But to make a bit easier for you, here's a small list:

modern:

Ra - 9th

Khetzal - Corolle

Agneton - Horizon In Your Head

old (=better ^^):

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

Shakta - Silicon Trip

MFG - New Kind Of World

Etnica - Alien Protein

Pleiadians - IFO

That will get you started. :)

Old Proggy psy classics that you HAVE to own:

Antix-lull

Atmos-headcleaner

Beat Bizzare-lewd

Also i would recommend some newer psytrance:

M.E.E.O-highlight me please (2008)

Prometheus-corridor of mirrors (2007)

Braincell-frequency evolution(it has a dark feeling to it though, but it's pretty melodic fullon psy, so you might enjoy this eventhough you don't like dark sound) If you like this style, you have to get concept-paranormal as well :)

12 Moons-Solid State

Just an all around really good album in a unique style.

just a little post of introduction :)

i'm a little new to psychedelic trance and a little new to this forum, i've been lurking here as a guest on and off for about a year.

i've been addicted to music for some years now, but only been investigating psychedelic trance for a couple of years or so.

i would just like to extend some thanks to all those who review releases, you've helped me a great deal through the maze of music; and some greetings to everyone else here.

good day to you all :)

Yeah thx for the pic Malevol3nt. I dunno about some of it though. I mean I'm by no means an expert but space tribe as dark psy? :unsure: I kinda like that album it's one of the 1st albums/songs I heard when I 1st discovered psy/electronica in general but it's not dark at all imo. Oh wait now I see another dark-psy genre above it. That one makes a lot more sense with dark soho/xenomorph. Don't get why there's 2 parts though. Oh well very interesting.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/k...yAnoebisnew.jpg

Try out

Etnica - Alien Protein

Pleidians - I.F.O.

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance

Chi-a.d. - Virtual Spirit

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Jaia - Blue Energy

Shakta - Silicon Trip

All goa melodic/trippy albums.

For eastern chants/rythms check out Etnoscope - Drums From The Dawn Of Time. It's not massive melodies but good drums.

12 Moons-Solid State

Just an all around really good album in a unique style.

good recommendations!

also try S-Range - Space

Personally, I don't like that picture that much either. But I didn't make it.

I don't see no mention of Etnica,

the only X-dream release mentioned is "We Interface" which hardly shows what these guys have to offer,

and what is with the "Trance which is psychedellic" in the middle that eventually points to Solar Fields (Extended) and the rest of the ambient pack? This has close to nothing to do with trance, even less so psychedellic trance. I mean sure, these artists have some influence from trance, but these genres shouldn't really fall into the trance category.

There's just a ton of more epic releases not mentioned there, so to you new guys out there don't run away if you don't like something you hear from those recommendations. There's really more to it then what's on that image. It's a good start tho I guess ;)

12 Moons-Solid State

Plus of course you can enjoy instant enjoyment of the title right here

the only X-dream release mentioned is "We Interface" which hardly shows what these guys have to offer

Care to offer an alternative X-dream release? Was thinking of ordering this as my first X-Dream purchase

Care to offer an alternative X-dream release? Was thinking of ordering this as my first X-Dream purchase

Well there's nothing bad with We Interface, but I dig their old work much more. You could have a taste of both if you want to. Personally I prefer Trip To Trancesylvania & We Created Our Own Happiness.

Here's a preview track from Trip To Trancesylvania:

And a really short preview from We Created Our Own Happiness: X-Dream - Relax Vortex (There's apparently 2 different versions of this track, one is called 'Relax Vortex', the other 'Relaxed Vortex')

For eastern chants/rythms check out Etnoscope - Drums From The Dawn Of Time. It's not massive melodies but good drums.quote]

listened to one track on here and loved (exactly the tribal i was looking for) it but cant find the whole CD anywhere online.

There are no record stores where i live that sell psy music so where do you find all find music online?

Also thanks for the 12 moons solid state link, downloading now!

This halloween i dropped at a party in san diego where my friend was a DJ. He played a psy set and I was totally blown away and am now on the hunt for more. I really have enjoyed the ektoplazm site and so far my favorites have been New Born's the Observer and Dad There Is an Alien Playing My Guitar (cosmo circle/never land.) I have always enjoyed ambient and Dub especially the works of Bill Laswell. I am also looking for more psy with Indian and Middle Eastern chants/rythms.

If there are any recomondations that would be really helpful. (Pretty open to anything but dark psy, just cant get into it)

Also is there a topic that shows all the different branches of psy, found one but the picture was removed.

thanks,

glad to be part of the forum and have already learned a lot just searching around.

jess

One of the coolest and most original goa trance tracks ever (and with Egypt style melodies included) is: Sundog - "Touch the Sun"

When it comes to Indian style tracks I can only think of Shiva Chandra's... Can't remember the track name though :/ ("Indian Spirit" or something? someone help here please)

You already got some fine recommendations to goa trance but I to have to add this comp to your musts: V/A - Dragonfly - Order Odonata - "The Technical Use Of Sound In Magick" Very melodic and beautiful songs there ;)

For eastern chants/rythms check out Etnoscope - Drums From The Dawn Of Time. It's not massive melodies but good drums.

listened to one track on here and loved (exactly the tribal i was looking for) it but cant find the whole CD anywhere online.

There are no record stores where i live that sell psy music so where do you find all find music online?

Also thanks for the 12 moons solid state link, downloading now!

Looks like the Etnoscope is sold out and is will probably not be reprinted anytime soon. Guess you have to buy it on e-bay or such, or download it.

And yes, I find 100 % of my music online.