The most expensive cd /vinyl you have bought

Ormion

150 euros for ifo brand new and don't regret it.

the one i regret the most was ubar tmar - fusion for like 40 euros :(

and also 40 euros for a misprint of the independence trance revival (thanks again!) :( :(

also koxbox - dragon tales for 40 euros hurts a bit when i see it on my shelf

and i got all the rare albums for free or trading, but they're far less good than anything i bought myself :posford:

nicest deal was lunar civilization ep for free Posted Image

• 2 years later...

I'm actually amazed that OOP Trance isn't more expensive. The interest must be at an all-time low right now. Maybe it's because people intro electronic music tend to DL more. It's pretty common that rare Metal CD's go for more than a 100 bucks. Even up to a 1000 on rare occasions.

About 50 Euro for both versions of IFO and Electric Universe - One Love back when I first started collecting/listening.

I generally try not to spend more than 10-15 Euro on CD's. If a really rare or usually expensive item that I'm after is way below discogs average I'll often pick it up regardless of price. I trawl the net fairly consistently like a diseased stalker. Always on the lookout for potential gems that are not yet in my possession. This pays off regularly. I got 2 copies of Etnica Plastic for 5 bucks a piece and a copy of V/A Balagan for 10 bucks just recently to name a few. I generally try my best to own a hard copy of an album before listening to it. It helps to preserve my ear, the shelf life of that which I own and my interest levels. I've hardly got any money though I just can't help but to do it this way. If an obscure V/A or an album is ridiculously hard to get or consistently overpriced (35+ Euro) I might download it to get exposure to a particular artist or track/s that I'm interested in. That exposure will generally inspire me toward more purchasing.

I really love this music, I consistently get inspired and energised by finding new artists and tracks. For me it feels poorly received and under-valued if I just download en masse these mysterious, stimulating, exciting, enriching, enveloping, enchanting and entrancing, electrified sonic worlds.

$40 for Morphem - Out Of Focus is probably the highest I've paid for a single album.

How about the most expensive cd/vinyl you've ever sold? I once had the original edition of Transdimensional... and sold it for $10. :( If I had only known!

Last year I've bought a package of old-school CDs at Ko Pha Ngan. There's a small musiсal shop near Thong Sala. Don't you know it, do you? Xenomorph – Obscure Spectre (CD, Single), Asia 2001 – Live, Moog - Euromotors, VA - Cosmic Conspiracy, Jaia - Insomnie & smth else, I don't remember now. All the CDs were NM or Mint. So, we agreed on a price $100 for the whole package. And this is the most expensive buying I ever had. Dunno how could you, guys, pay ~ $50-100 for one disk, eh?

I paid around $100 for both Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet and KURO - Revolution Too much I know but I have never regretted it and the overtime I did to pay for these was incredibly easy and involved me hitting on hot girls :D

Damn, I remember when my job was that easy. Now it's hard as fuck....and involves hitting on hot girls (still love it :wub: )

I thought your a teacher or something? :unsure:

That was right, hence the easiness and ability to hit on young girls. I was an English teacher in Japan which is very easy and generally involves talking to a lot of hot young women but doesn't look great on your CV if you do it for too long.

which means....<off topic>

My record was both Infinity HZ 2 and Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh for 50 euro each.

But I remember I'd have got the Crop Circles CDS for more than 80 euros on ebay 4 years ago.......if there hadn't been an electricity failure at work on the last 5 minutes of the auction.

I'll have to add Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh to my $100 list. Still all those that I got felt worth it at the time and I can still enjoy them years after the expense has been spent. Feels wonderful :)

Steve Roach - 2009 Box Set

Autechre - Quaristice (Limited version in metal slipcase)

How much were each of these?

I haven't spent a lot of money on anything for a long time, namely because I have completed the collections I wanted to complete (FFR, Drangonfly, TIP etc) and have no desire to start new hunts. I remember paying soooo much for BPC & Technossomy because I was fed up of having looked around for years for them. Still these two did not disappoint :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pleiadians Picture EP for 150 eur, that was the max for a vynil.

For a CD hmm I have to think but I guess it was probably 90 eur for G.O.L - Sensations of Tone, both worth every penny.

Then there were a few more on the same price range but always rare ambient stuff..

Last year I've bought a package of old-school CDs at Ko Pha Ngan. There's a small musiсal shop near Thong Sala. Don't you know it, do you? Xenomorph – Obscure Spectre (CD, Single), Asia 2001 – Live, Moog - Euromotors, VA - Cosmic Conspiracy, Jaia - Insomnie & smth else, I don't remember now. All the CDs were NM or Mint. So, we agreed on a price $100 for the whole package. And this is the most expensive buying I ever had. Dunno how could you, guys, pay ~ $50-100 for one disk, eh?

that's fantastic, lucky you, most of us have to pay LOADS for one of those :)! But I guess it all depends from where you are from and how much money you can spend. I know a few people spending up to 400 eur for one CD and considering it no big deal, so it's all relative.

For me the most expensive buy ever was Transwave - Hypnorhythm in mint condition for 60€... And I have no regret untill now :) its the only time I paid 50+€... Mostly patience is your biggest friend when you want cheap cds, but some cds simply never show up :)

A lot of Nitzhonot CD's in my collection costed me +100 €...but enjoying them thoroughly every day, so no regrets whatsoever :)

Why are they so expensive? Limitation? and could you mention a couple of the rarest Nitzhonot CD's? Thanks!

Oh yes limitation is one of the reasons they sell for so high...a lot of these CD's were released on very small labels in low quantity and sold out in several months. Whatever the reason may be, whole stocks seem to have dissapeared in the sandy hills of Israel after 2001 :P.

Some of the rarest ones I know of:

http://www.discogs.c.../release/342324 (Greek, half nitzho half goa)

http://www.discogs.c.../release/351240

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Good-Morning-Israel-Vol-2/release/548935 (bootleg)

http://www.discogs.c.../release/657804 (Russian nitzho)

http://www.discogs.c...release/2507942

http://www.discogs.c.../release/555307

http://www.discogs.c.../release/316967

Etc... :) if u want to get a more complete overview, I'm working on a big list that should be done one day, containing all Nitzho CD's + my personal opinion on them!

http://www.discogs.c...oa-Tracks/20797

• 4 weeks later...