The most expensive cd /vinyl you have bought

Ormion

I haven't bought any rare super used from the net so my most expensive cd was 3D Story (3D Vision 2002) which I bought for 26 euros at 2002.

I have found it in a dance-exclusive cd store in a time when all my previous cds were purchased from mainstream shops. Looking at the shiny digipack and finally happy that I found this store I bought it.

Not quite sure why it was so damn expensive tbh. Yes it's a double cd, but still.

What about you?

Hmm, I bought Transwave - Hypnorhythm (new) for 65€ like 6 months ago... That's by far the most I've spend on a cd... The second place must be Asia 2001 - Psykedelia for 40, and all the other cds/eps I have I bought for 30 or less... So I try to keep it decent as well :)

Most expensive ever was Accidental Occidentalism about 55 euro. (don't have it anymore)

Not direct payment, but traded 2 cd's for it. The money I payed for those was about 55 euro.

And that is easily the highest I ever payed for 1 album. Second highest has to be like 30-35 euro.

Ubar Tmar's Fusion 40 euros. It was my first psy-cd ever and I just *had* to get it when I saw it on ebay. And then there's The History Of The House Sound of Chicago 15cd box set for 50 euros.

I've noticed if you're patient, eventually you'll get what you want for a fair price.

I guess that was like 25 Euros for a Peak Rec. "Chilling Goddess" ... I wanted to support the store (because I knew they were blowing outta the last hole) and it was a travel souvenir (that holds more value than some shitty accessoire), so I bought it.

Actually I did that same thing on two other travels aswell with Filteria- Sky Input and Makyo - Swara Mandala. The price was about the same ... can't remember for which one I payed most...

Yeah, they were ordinary CDs I could just have gotten off the net. No rarities. The price was high, but since I bought them on travels, the good memories that come with them are worth far more than the overprice and on top of that I feel good because I supported the local community :)

I paid around $100 for both Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet and KURO - Revolution Too much I know but I have never regretted it and the overtime I did to pay for these was incredibly easy and involved me hitting on hot girls :D

I thought your a teacher or something? :unsure:

which means....<off topic>

My record was both Infinity HZ 2 and Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh for 50 euro each.

But I remember I'd have got the Crop Circles CDS for more than 80 euros on ebay 4 years ago.......if there hadn't been an electricity failure at work on the last 5 minutes of the auction.

I remember buying a mint copy of Flying Rhino Records' V/A compilation First Flight for 38 euro, but I never regretted it though. It still sends shivers down my spine.

As for 12" items, my copy of Jesus Loves The Acid cost me waaaaaaay too much to write it down here.

In recent times, the only over priced vinyl I bought was Jared Wilson's soon to be classic 12"! And I am very far from being sorry, my guess is that in a few years it will cost triple of what I payed.

About £15. haha. Although I do like buying CDs for the sake of making my cd collection look nice, I buy them more to support the artists I like so if the only way of buying a rare CD is buying it second hand for a ridiculous price and I know my money will to the seller rather than the people who wrote it then in such circumstances I have no qualms about illegally downloading said album :ph34r:

About £15. haha. Although I do like buying CDs for the sake of making my cd collection look nice, I buy them more to support the artists I like so if the only way of buying a rare CD is buying it second hand for a ridiculous price and I know my money will to the seller rather than the people who wrote it then in such circumstances I have no qualms about illegally downloading said album :ph34r:

Well... u r not alone :lol:

:ph34r:

With all ridiculous auction prices we saw I was expecting much higher (dual meaning there) replies here....

I paid $45-50 for Transwave's Helium I think, and the same price for Darshan's Awekening.

I paid €35 for some rare Speedcore/Gabber CD too.

That's it.

Well... u r not alone :lol:

:ph34r:

+2 :ph34r:

i just had to have the Extended ^_^

+2 :ph34r:

i just had to have the Extended ^_^

Well I do buy second hand CDs but I just don't want to pay shit-loads of money for them :P but it "happens" occasionally, when it's something I need to have. But would not, not "own" one of the must hear classics just because of it's unearthly prices :P (and at the moment I'm still studying ;))

• 4 weeks later...

35£ including shipping for the Alcyone picture disc from Pleiadians. It's totally awesome since it has the pleiadians star map pressed in it. It's limited to 200 copies and I got people offering 150$ for it but there is no way I ever sell.

So far 35€ for Transwave - Helium. And that's the limit I fixed to myself. I'll reconsider it if buying something I really want (Blue Planet, IFO, early Asia 2001 etc.) will come for 40-45, but 50€ will be too much.

I don't find spending a fortune on collector items interesting if it will prevent me for discovering other music because I got no money left... When I'll win Euromillions, I won't care about prices.

PS: halfway to CMT! Yoohoo! :posford:

The most I ever spent on a cd is €25 for the Zirrex - Lost in Time re-release here in Belgium. Usually I pay between €10 to €20 for oldskool goa cd's, unless it has some tracks that I really want to play at parties. Then I would give up to €35 max I think. Unless it's an Accidental Occidentalism or IFO or something at €50, then I would reconsider :)

I think 350 SEK (that'd be about 35 euros right?) for the Goa Gil Kosmokrator 3xLP compilation, but then I wanted that shakta track badly.

Also 350 SEK for a 4xCD box with music from Final Fantasy X.

200 SEK for the Lunar Civilization 12" (but that was a second copy, first copy at 7 or 8 euros)

Otherwise I always try to keep it cheap... that means essentially digging crates and going through secondhand stores that have no clue what trance is (which in one case resulted in me scoring Accidental Occidentalism at 3 euros in nm condition)...