New Green Nuns album... Hopefully

Spiritual Carnage

Here is what Matt from the Nuns stated as a comment on their "Rock Bitch" video on Youtube (9 months ago but still):

"Promised ourselves we'd make a new album if the video got viewed 100,00 times !

matt C ( The nuns )"

So let's take him at his word... Go watch the vid

and tell your friends to do the same. So far it has 85.138 views.

Here is what Matt from the Nuns stated as a comment on their "Rock Bitch" video on Youtube (9 months ago but still):

"Promised ourselves we'd make a new album if the video got viewed 100,00 times !

matt C ( The nuns )"

So let's take him at his word... Go watch the vid

and tell your friends to do the same. So far it has 85.138 views.

then I shall click on that link 10 times a day until it happens ;) Although there's no way to know if the person who wrote that is actually Matt Coldrick (and somehow I doubt he is...)

then I shall click on that link 10 times a day until it happens ;) Although there's no way to know if the person who wrote that is actually Matt Coldrick (and somehow I doubt he is...)

Ye I know that's uncertain.. but I choose to believe that "Ambientnun" is Matt :rolleyes: He posted this, same vid but with the proper ending and a link to the label they've released some ambient on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Fzg0SQy0I...re=channel_page

What's up with the abrupt ending?! :o

Let's see if 100.000 views will be enough for an album, I would say it should come from the will of the artists :P

Peoples interest could be a motivation to take up the work again :) However, they did not promise anyone but themselves they'd do it.. So all in all my expectations are not too high but it could be so fucking great with a new Nuns album that I consider it worth trying to push it on.

Ye I know that's uncertain.. but I choose to believe that "Ambientnun" is Matt :rolleyes: He posted this, same vid but with the proper ending and a link to the label they've released some ambient on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Fzg0SQy0I...re=channel_page

lol it says "this is the high res version". I wouldn't like to see the low-res then lol

Don't take that post serious guys. Even if that is indeed Matt; we were already lucky the Green Nuns released an album. Rock Bitch Mafia was already sounding dated when it was released in late 1997. Well, if they re-unite and release unreleased tracks or whatever they like I wouldn't mind though ;)

Funny that a homemade mashed version of Rock bitch (from the LP + the CDsingle) still comes out sometimes at my DJ sets, usually placed along or near the track Green Nunions.

It's amazing that its 2009 already, more than 10 years after that music was released and still it is difficult to find a balanced mix of psy, rock and funky bassline, such that track.

If GNNs return I would DEFINITELY look for that bassline (it's said it came from the Brand New Heavies' bassist).

///Possibly because we trance in Southamerica, but me (and a whole lot around) do wellcome notes and interesting composition at the bassline freqs... IMHO PSY acts have been focusing too much on getting the right bass/beat sound instead of trying to compose interesting, grooving, mooving basslines. Getting grandiosity rather than feeling (or both)... C'mon most full on put less than 2 notes in the whole Beat/bassline¡¡¡ Have in mind that between 60 Hz and 125 Hz (where the fundamental of most tracks' beat is placed) there is a complete Octave (12 notes) to use...

Green Nuns "Green Nunions" sounds like a very good example on how to solve this... together with a wicked trip ,) .

Yes please +1 for the new CD

• 5 months later...

If GNNs return I would DEFINITELY look for that bassline (it's said it came from the Brand New Heavies' bassist).

Neil was their keyboard player, not their bassist, as far as I know :)

• 3 weeks later...