YSE - Yellow Sunshine Explosion

Goa-Head

mostly it is just commercial, and not even good music, promoting the German scene...

that's right

But I'm actually glad they exist because it shows the german scene is really alive and kickin' and showing presence and not just dwelling in underground caverns like most other scenes ... as I said, the stuff is available in big electronic markets ... just one shelf across the pop hits of Christina Aguilera there is psy music -- and not ancient classics like IM's The Gathering, but real and modern actual just released stuff -- and that's what I like...

Goa-Head compilations shared the same fate, they too were available in the big electronic markets (using past tense here because I haven't seen 'em around anymore) ... and besides the good tracks (better than the YSE compilations ... and better covers too) that was actually the reason why I chose to support them! I wanted to foster it that the psy scene showed presence even in commercial stores ... I think it is a positive thing! My first real goa-CD (if you see over a cheap compilation I found somewhere and which I never really liked) was a Goa-Head from the big stores B)

I think Yellow sunshine explosion compilations serve there purpose for people who want to just dip their toe into the psy scene and see what the water is like. I'm amazed how when you worked it out how frequent there releases are they are quite a phenomenon really an English based label that you can't actually buy any of there product in English record shops I've not only never seen anything on Y.S.E. in chain stores, I've also rarely seen anything in smaller independant shops either. they must sell somewhere for them to have released so many comps. my one problem I have with Y.S.E......well not really Y.s.e. but DJ's who don't look any further than them, I can think of one London based DJ who's whole set always seems to consist of the 3rd best tracks off albums, after a while and this pattern repeating itself you realise that it's no coincidence it's because he gets all his music off Y.S.E. and that's what they are basically a collection of the 3rd choice tracks.

Where I live I only see these compilations in the regular 'for-the-masses'-recordstores... 25 euros for YSE compilation!? No way I'm paying that much!!! Do I see any other goa/psy label represented? No!

Totally redundant label IMO...

This wanna be label sucks big time, in spite of having tons of releases (mostly crap).

Unfortunately I made a mistake to buy a CD from them, just because of one track, and what happens? The CD didn't have the track, it was on the tracklist and it still is listed in psyshop and saikosounds, but the track inside the CD is not the right track.

They fucked up so many artists that it is useless to count. Last time I checked mastering is some skipable procedure for them. Bah... Forget about it, not in the mood to keep writing about something worthless.

Respect!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I own the compilation Psi- Trance Explosion, one of the compilations I bought froma local shop and it was very good, but I see such compilations a lot here, but ofcourse there are no other compilations. but back in 2000 goa trance albums were availalbe in local shops without problem, i bought Astral Projection - Another World in "Müller" in Germany. such things don#t happen anymore unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/yse/yse2cd266.html

and 2 more coming soon already in January or early Feb....

266 releases since September 2002, you have to admire this incredible organization... most of their releases were also double!