Metropolis - Time of War EP

Lemmiwinks

discogs link

A Time Of War (A.C. Mix) (6:31)

B1 Time Of War (DD 1000 Mix) (3:35)

B2 Poseidon (Epplar Mix) (7:10)

Yet another one of those missing link between New Beat and trance records that have been forgotten by time. You even had the hippie messages on the cover and everything: "The Gulf War is over. However this doesn't mean everything is alright again... Everywhere in the world wars take place all the time. We did produce that record to remind you that the 20th Century still is the 'Time of War'." Pretty prophetic message when you think this was made at the beginning of the 90s ;) Anyway, on to how it sounds: pretty much a crossblend between New Beat and trance but also some very distinctive goa-ish melodies in there which make listening to this totally worth it IMO.

The AC Mix (might be mixed by AC Boutsen but not sure since it's not specifically mentioned...) has some female voices that are NOT Anne Clark although it sounds very much like it.

DD 1000 Mix is basically the same track but without the vocals and a bit faster.

Poseidon is slower and has some german speaking (sorry I don't speak german so I don't have any idea of what they're saying :( ). This one also has a pretty mystical goaish melody in it, not bad but I prefer the A-side.