Age of Love - Age of Love EP

Lemmiwinks

discogs link

A1 The Age Of Love (Radio Version) (3:48)

A2 The Age Of Love (Flying Mix) (5:55)

B1 The Age Of Love (New Age Mix) (5:05)

B2 The Age Of Love (Boeing Mix) (5:05)

Ah I finally got my hands on the original version. I suppose everyone knows this track as it was remixed to death but VERY few people actually know the original. What most people call the "original version" is actually the Jam& Spoon Remix done 2 years later. Anyway, for newbies to the scene a little history: Age of Love is a project by Bruno Sanchioni and few know that his is actually from Belgium (little note for Belgians: out of Mouscron of all places lol). He was behind some good New Beat projects, notably Dr Phibes and decided around the 90s to create a new sound which was later to become trance. So when people talk to you about the missing link between New Beat and trance, THIS record is probably the one to mention (ok, I'm not saying Sanchioni was the ONLY person behind what was to become the trance sound, but he was definately one of the pioneers).

So how does it sound? Well, the same elements that were remixed afterwards are still there but aranged pretty differently and the overall feeling is much closer to New Beat (which I gues is understandable). The Radio Version has some... RAPPING (yes, you heard me right), so be sure to start with the B-side which has a more underground feeling to it. The Boeing mix is the one closest to the Jam&Spoon remix. A definate must-have for all trance collectors!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think that`s one of the 5 milestones that layed down the foundations of modern electronic music in the beginning of the 90`s

... the others are

U96 - DAS BOOT 1990

Shamen - Move Any Mountain

FSOL - Papua New Guinea

Sven vath - L`esperanza

They made the undergound visible....

for others to develope it further later

(like Wink, Prodigy and Underworld)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think that`s one of the 5 milestones that layed down the foundations of modern electronic music in the beginning of the 90`s

... the others are

U96 - DAS BOOT 1990

Shamen - Move Any Mountain

FSOL - Papua New Guinea

Sven vath - L`esperanza

They made the undergound visible....

for others to develope it further later

(like Wink, Prodigy and Underworld)

A little too late reply, but I disagree. IMO, all five tracks are posterior to other classics that influenced a lot of the modern music. Just to mention one, the album "Substance 1987" by New Order. Even Pet Shop Boys did - really good - dance music back in the days. "Suburbia", "Love Comes Quickly" , among others. Just a personal curiosity, I think that "Suburbia" is the best track that mirrors London. I don't know why, I guess it's be because of the refined melody and the melancholy present in the track.

• 3 years later...

discogs link

A1 The Age Of Love (Radio Version) (3:48)

A2 The Age Of Love (Flying Mix) (5:55)

B1 The Age Of Love (New Age Mix) (5:05)

B2 The Age Of Love (Boeing Mix) (5:05)

Ah I finally got my hands on the original version. I suppose everyone knows this track as it was remixed to death but VERY few people actually know the original. What most people call the "original version" is actually the Jam& Spoon Remix done 2 years later. Anyway, for newbies to the scene a little history: Age of Love is a project by Bruno Sanchioni and few know that his is actually from Belgium (little note for Belgians: out of Mouscron of all places lol). He was behind some good New Beat projects, notably Dr Phibes and decided around the 90s to create a new sound which was later to become trance. So when people talk to you about the missing link between New Beat and trance, THIS record is probably the one to mention (ok, I'm not saying Sanchioni was the ONLY person behind what was to become the trance sound, but he was definately one of the pioneers).

So how does it sound? Well, the same elements that were remixed afterwards are still there but aranged pretty differently and the overall feeling is much closer to New Beat (which I gues is understandable). The Radio Version has some... RAPPING (yes, you heard me right), so be sure to start with the B-side which has a more underground feeling to it. The Boeing mix is the one closest to the Jam&Spoon remix. A definate must-have for all trance collectors!

pfff age of love... super epic record

5/5

also rest in peace spoon guy , yes he's not here with us anymore , drugs or someshit da fuck knows

Jam El Mar is still around god bless them much respect to the old skool

its a must have for any trancer

100% dream and all that shit you know..

robert miles children i still love , fable etc... thats just me im emotional on what concerns my trance music

its whats about at least for me... feelings and soul... be you

thats all i gotta say

one love electric universe take care and good bye

and dont come after me trying to imitate or copy do your own shit

artworks-000074169045-w2x4h5-original.jp