Solar Fields - Movements

Melancholyman

Am i the only one who is not completely in love and awestruck by this album? its good music like most downtempo but nothing very spectacular imo and doesnt move me in any way. there's something lacking deep down on an objective musical level, cant exactly tell what it is. Soul is something that differs from person to person so i wont comment on that.

aes dana is much much better than this, musically speaking.

I prefer magnus' progressive tunes and for me much easier to get into.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one who is not completely in love and awestruck by this album? its good music like most downtempo but nothing very spectacular imo and doesnt move me in any way. there's something lacking deep down on an objective musical level, cant exactly tell what it is. Soul is something that differs from person to person so i wont comment on that.

It's YOU that doesn't posses a soul! :lol:

aes dana is much much better?????? its not even about the soul this album, this album is clearly one of the more complex downtempo album ive heard in my life, if you like simple melody, fine, aes dana is better, i guess it all depends on what you are searching into the music, but really, this album is the most complex of solar field work, and that is a fact, about the soul, well, i guess its a bit true, maybe not enough soul, too much complexity, but honestly, if everyone album without soul was like this one, we would be in heaven

aes dana is much much better?????? its not even about the soul this album, this album is clearly one of the more complex downtempo album ive heard in my life, if you like simple melody, fine, aes dana is better, i guess it all depends on what you are searching into the music, but really, this album is the most complex of solar field work, and that is a fact, about the soul, well, i guess its a bit true, maybe not enough soul, too much complexity, but honestly, if everyone album without soul was like this one, we would be in heaven

Dude, we are in heaven, just open your eyes and you'll see :)

Back it up with facts and diagrams, sound analysis :lol:

I don't like this at all. I find it very dull. I'm clearly in the minority, at least of people who feel strongly enough to post, and that's fine. Musical appreciation is totally subjective and I think it's great that you all are getting off so mightily to this release.

But it does nothing whatsoever for me and I guess I just wanted to throw that out there since all the reviews so far have been overwhelmingly favorable.

thought it was quite dull aswell. works pretty well as unobtrusive backgroundmusic though.

I also agree on it being dull.

so im not the only one :rolleyes:

sol is probably the only track that has soul. the rest are just aimless.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Solar Fields ‎– Movements - (2009)

I have been listening a lot to Solar fields lately and I didn't manage to check all their releases.

They are at 12 IRRC, so that's an effort. But movements is still my best Solar fields experience.

This is the only album where each track has it's individual melody pattern, and each track

has it's own story within the concept of Solar fields. It's so variated and inspiring all the time.

I love this album, it's creativity, originality and simplicity astonish me over and over.

You don't have be a huge solar fields fan to enjoy this album cause imo this is just good psy ambient.

A recommendation for all ambient fans and people who love to listen to psychedelic music.

I was hoping this would be the trend for their further albums but sadly enough I have been

discovering that's not the case. But still I'm glad this album is released and maybe a new one

like this will come around. I can't wait...

Discogs: http://www.discogs.c...nts/master/3513

• 5 years later...

This is my benchmark album for testing speakers and headphones. It's so rich in detail and has great deep bass. You can pick good from bad audio equipment just by playing some of the tracks on it.

I like their other albums as well but if I have to pick one, this one is their best imho.