Digipack issues

Just wondering; does anyone know if digipacks are easily repairable and if so where to get the materials to do so. My Spiral Empire CD is in danger of getting very scratched soon if I don't sort out the plastic insert thing and I'm finding that a lot of labels tend to prefer this medium. I find it a huge pain when the prongs that hold the CD in place snap or wear away. I don't think it would be too hard to peel the actual insert off with perhaps a little steam or whatever to the glue but I dunno. Really don't want to damage the case either :unsure:

• 2 months later...

indeed, having the same problem with my distance to goa 7 cd, a dakini comp. and two ultimae cds.

i doubt if there exists this inner plastic case of digipak as spare part.

a solution could be to warm enough this inner plastic case so the glue melts and then replace it with another one of a digi you dont want.

I think that is really the only solution. I can just see myself making a bad situation worse with the whole 'warming up' part. I guess even with a spare insert you'd still have to overcome the whole removal of the broken insert step. Still, the chances of me actually getting round to doing that are reasonably slim. I suspect the cd wil just remain to be treated with extreme caution until eventually something does go wrong. Damn digipacks.

Just wondering; does anyone know if digipacks are easily repairable and if so where to get the materials to do so. My Spiral Empire CD is in danger of getting very scratched soon if I don't sort out the plastic insert thing and I'm finding that a lot of labels tend to prefer this medium. I find it a huge pain when the prongs that hold the CD in place snap or wear away. I don't think it would be too hard to peel the actual insert off with perhaps a little steam or whatever to the glue but I dunno. Really don't want to damage the case either :unsure:

This happens with regular "jewel" cases aswell and, yes it is a pain.

My cd's are all in cd holders so I am not affected anymore.

My only suggestion is maybe put a rubber band around the digipack :unsure:

@Goa Head & Kai-Q

Thanks guys, this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for back when I originally posted the topic :) The pads that seem to stick over the top of the teeth look particularly promising; have you ever given them a try?

@Needle Ninja

Yeah but jewel cases are a thousand times easier to fix than digipacks. Unless they're special coloured cases or whatever.

The pads that seem to stick over the top of the teeth look particularly promising; have you ever given them a try?

They don't ship to my country, Malta.

On ebay and elswhere you'll find a handful of sellers with digipak trays but they are for mass-business-transactions and don't sell in individual quantities :-(