Astrancer is the newschool GOD!

Lemmiwinks

Ofcourse I am ready for newschool goa trance aswell, however I mean newschool Goa Trance, that sounds more like the old stuff, if anyone can link me such stuff, I would be glad to hear it and to share my positive opinions about it here, if wanted.

Please don't :lol:

Of course I do :) Damn leetspeek internet hax0r stuff.

@radiWTF? Dude, I give up. You really don't get my points. Maybe it's the language barrier, maybe they're beyond your grasp, but frankly, I don't even care any longer.

it's not the language barrier, it's the maturity, logic, arrogance barrier.

radi seems to lack these and much more, i kind of feel sorry for him.

very possibly dropped at birth, would explain abit

i have a feeling radi feels threatened by astrancer, because he and so many new acts are so good, and he feels excluded from the new school sound,as he doesn't seem to understand it, but everyone else does!

and that old school sound is truly dead, but lives in our hearts, memories and cd/record players,

and that's good enough for me.

and moving right along............ WHEN IS ASTRANCERS ALBUM COMING OUT!!

can't fucking wait, he is truly the new god, i could say midas but thats imbas title

not that he is goa though!

screw you har-el! but still wan't the album :unsure:

Technosoomy. somehow it is wrong to say that I have droped as a baby, because I do not enjoy newschool Goa trance. There are people who think the way I do, and you know what. I would like newschool Goa Trance a lot, if it was similar to oldschool.

Mozard, Bethoven, Franz Schubbert, tschaikowsky

I understand that English is not your primary language, but you should at least have the decency to check the proper spelling of names. Especially, considering how you probably thought you'd seem smart including them in your post.

One more word of advice though - it's often reasonable to read what you've written before posting.

Blablabla :)

Everyone who has been around long enough knows that copying and changing melodies has always been around in IDM.

and always will...

Nothing new ;)

Is this talent releasing a full album or any news in that direction?

Last time I spoke with Bruno, he told me that he's preparing his debut full lenght release and I'm sure it will be a great because he spent a lot of time doing it and we also spoke about his participation on Dimensional Gateway 3 and it's confirmed, he's gonna release another tune via my net-label and it really sounds trippy -> http://soundcloud.com/neogoa/dimensional-gateway-3-2nd (preview).

Last time I spoke with Bruno, he told me that he's preparing his debut full lenght release and I'm sure it will be a great because he spent a lot of time doing it and we also spoke about his participation on Dimensional Gateway 3 and it's confirmed, he's gonna release another tune via my net-label and it really sounds trippy -> http://soundcloud.co...l-gateway-3-2nd (preview).

very good, this is goatrance, even the baseline is almost perfect :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 8/23/2012 at 10:55 PM, ollylovesgoa said:

I've begun to hate the term "newschool", it puts expectations on the artists that simply cannot be fulfilled. Oldschool Goa Trance was short-lived and special, happening in a unique space and time that can't be artificially recreated. We should just accept that it is a style of psychedelic trance, and listen to it if we enjoy it, and not if we don't. Slating the artists for expressing themselves in a way which doesn't appeal to our preconcieved expectations of what a type of music should sound like is moronic and damaging to a scene that should surely encourage self-expression.

Best post on the whole is new-school any good debate.  I came very late to the party, bagged a bunch of CD's without really doing much online study and was expecting old-school goa with cleaner production.  What I got was a different branch of goa trance (just like how forest & hi-tech splintered off from darkpsy).  I've made my peace with this, and thankfully have since found quite a bit that I enjoy.  As with old-school (or any genre) there's lots of filler and sometimes the overall sound (loudness-mastering) isn't appealing for home listening due to too many elements fighting for limited dynamic space, but now and then I'll discover a killer track, or an entire enjoyable CD.

Still got lots to discover, some of my Suntrip CD's are still sealed so hopefully I've saved the best for last.  So far I'd say as its own subgenre I'd rank new-school as superior to mainstream psy, and that should surely be the goal of any subgenre: to offer a more enjoyable alternative to the mainstream branch.  Plus I gather the new-school scene is healthy with regular releases and well-visited parties.  Any scene is better than no scene at all.

• Like 2

Dzog Chen is an absolute masterpiece!

On 12/4/2019 at 8:34 AM, Tsotsi said:

Ive read the first pge of this thread and the last, so maybe ive missed something but where do we find all of Astrancers old tracks? 

You didn't miss anything on pages 2 and 3, it was just hilarious ridiculousness.

On 12/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, acid-brain said:

You didn't miss anything on pages 2 and 3, it was just hilarious ridiculousness.

Damn, poor Radi, he got savaged. lol page 2 & 3 is where it's at, how did so much happen in 2 pages?

So Astrancer never released an album, I can't find a collection of his singles anywhere, Radi has left us, Goa just got better and better post 2012.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Oh.. the good old days :P Let's resurrect this thread from beyond the grave, and look back in time, so that we can speculate some more on the future of things to come.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, Tsotsi said:

Damn, poor Radi, he got savaged. lol page 2 & 3 is where it's at, how did so much happen in 2 pages?

So Astrancer never released an album, I can't find a collection of his singles anywhere, Radi has left us, Goa just got better and better post 2012.

How can Goa have become better if Astrancer hasn't even released his album yet? That's defying logic, kinda like trying to measure eternity. :D;) If anything this wait has made me think goa is awaiting a new dawn. Hopefully it's just around the corner. B) If Astrancer released a new album this summer, it would be the perfect start to this otherwise pretty awful decade so far. We need some Astrancer light in our miserable corona infected realities right now. The only corona I want to see, is the corona of the sun, radiating in all directions, with its eternally blissful light.

The radi trolling earlier in this thread lol :lol: This forum needs some new emojis, because the current ones can't quite describe the facepalm feelings.