Great tracks not available in digital form

Basilisk

Many interesting songs have never made it to CD or been offered as a lossless download. While going through a small archive of vinyl rips I made some years ago I thought to jot down a list of a few...

Aphid Moon - Chi

Crop Circles - Different Species

Double Dragon - Deeper Speaker

Double Dragon - Wetware

Encens - Vakealien

Gangguru - X3

GMS - Found In Space

Human Blue - Proggy Froggy

Kiwa - Alien Loop

Logic Bomb - The Pawn RMX

Logic Bomb - Time Travelling E.T's

Prana - Anima Mundi

Prana - Emerald

Quirk - Cognitive Dissidents (Dead Sea Mix)

Reefer Decree - Dirty Chip

Semsis - Panic

Shakta & Moonweed - Q

Spirallianz - Spotrunnerz

Spirallianz - Trash Talk

Tetraktys - Atrophy

Ticon - Spincycle

Tim Schuldt - Secrets

Xenomorph - Hexenkessel

These are lost tracks as far as I know... can you think of any others? (Be sure to use Discogs for reference!) I wonder how much success we might have emailing some of the artists and labels to make this material available... seems like a damn shame that it isn't.

S-Range - Broadcast

Atmos - Rebirth of Cavanough

Matenda - Bonaca

Matenda - Sophisticated Mind

Prex - R.F.N.

Chris Pointdexter - Tuf Tuf

and I second Human Blue - Proggy Froggy :)

Vibrasphere - Selected Downbeats

One of vibrasphere's finest releases, but they only chose to release it in 320k. Yeah that is digital form but it's still not wav. :(

When their store was open you could purchase WAV as well. I went back and purchased their entire back catalogue at the same time. I wish more artists made this sort of thing available (and at such a reasonable price).

I can hardly believe I forgot about the S>Range - Boom / Broadcast 12"! One of my old favourites...

I've been looking for a decent version of Tegma - Revolution (Son Kite Remix) for ages. Was so glad to hear BNE was going to release the entire Son Kite backcatalogue digitally, but after they have closed down, it doesn't like it's going to happen after all...

The track has been released on a compilation though, but it's hard to track down.

I've been looking for a decent version of Tegma - Revolution (Son Kite Remix) for ages. Was so glad to hear BNE was going to release the entire Son Kite backcatalogue digitally, but after they have closed down, it doesn't like it's going to happen after all...

The track has been released on a compilation though, but it's hard to track down.

BNE closed down? :o

When?

I bought this as digital download on the Digital Structures website back in 2007 I think.

Lossless? I kept waiting for them to put this up on Beatport. There are some older tracks in their catalogue I'd love to get too (Kyoto, for instance--what a long time ago that was).

Lossless? I kept waiting for them to put this up on Beatport. There are some older tracks in their catalogue I'd love to get too (Kyoto, for instance--what a long time ago that was).

320 kbps.

There's like a million tracks only released on vinyl.

Begging artists to give out their original WAVs for free is a very gay and pathetic way to hear the music. Buy the vinyl or acquire a vinyl rip of it somehow. Put in some effort. Show you deserve to have a high quality of the original track. It's not your god given right for people to give you their hard work rare old music for free.

There's like a million tracks only released on vinyl.

Begging artists to give out their original WAVs for free is a very gay and pathetic way to hear the music. Buy the vinyl or acquire a vinyl rip of it somehow. Put in some effort. Show you deserve to have a high quality of the original track. It's not your god given right for people to give you their hard work rare old music for free.

Who mentioned anything about begging artists to give out their tracks away for free? I am certainly willing to pay for good quality.

Lots of artists and labels have joined the digital download revolution and released their backcatalogue digitally on sites like Beatport.com, and the more people who request it, the more labels will join in. I can't see how that can be a bad thing - more people will gain access to some wonderful old gems, and the artists and labels might even make a few bucks without much effort.

That being said, releasing old tracks for free COULD also be an option for some. Just look at what labels like Flying Rhino has done.

And last but not least - what if you don't want vinyl? I respect the format, but in today's psytrance-scene it almost has no merit. As a DJ you rarely see vinyl-setups at gigs anymore, the format is extremely unhandy, and the result of ripping from vinyl to a digital format is almost always of doubtful quality.

yes a huge load of tracks that were not released on cd are out there..

but about different species, avatar has paid to etnica the rights to release it as well as tribute and another track.

but i see it didnt come out on retrodelic vibes 4, let's hope retrodelic vibes 5?

mauri has remastered the track, like cleaned it and stuff and surely sounds fantastic, i hope it comes out soon!

:)

but if they would all join beatport or similar with the backcatalogue would be awesome

about etnica there are still unpublished digitally (these somehow appeared even if on some test press on vinyl or some mp3.com cd)

Etnica

Full On

The Moon Valley

Asian Code 7

Intense Visitation

Ashtronauts

BMV - Rotating Fields

Ninety Nine

Petalec Vibes

Pleiadians

Analogue Step

Sonic System (the 2 times it was on cd is either with a gap of silence or mixed)

Zeta Reticuli (full mix of 13 min)

Human Blue

Funkix

Stonehenge

Psychotix

Spidiot

Spiritualizer

Chronic Sphere

and many more :)

• 2 weeks later...

i actually wonder why so few artists decide to publish their old material via beatport and the likes. what do they have to loose? integrity, underground status?

most classic albums are out of print for a long time. occasionally there are re-releases, but these are albums most of the time. contributions to compilations or single-releases are hardly republished. take "orphee" by jaia for example or "collapsar" by total eclipse.

i actually wonder why so few artists decide to publish their old material via beatport and the likes. what do they have to loose? integrity, underground status?

Many of those companies will not work with individual artists or even individual labels and instead will only work with digital distribution companies that represent a large number of labels, much like the traditional distributor in the cd realm. Labels have to got through these companies, which costs them money, and, especially in psy, the number of sales is so small that for some smaller labels the chance that they don't recover those initial costs is very real. As one Japanese label owner I was talking to about the issue with said "all that work for enough money to maybe buy lunch a couple times a year?... no thanks"