I.F.O. or Tetrahedron

Goa-Head

I.F.O. or Tetrahedron  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best ?

• I.F.O.
    • Tetrahedron

I can't say yet since I haven't listened to Tetrahedron even once, but I'm wondering why isn't Family Of Light in the poll?

Because I.F.O. is considered by most their best album and it was released in 1997; Tetrahedron was ready in 1997 and would have made it out in early 1998 so "time-wise" they are in line. 1997 was the height of Goa.

I.F.O. is considered by many the album of albums and was definately a turning point of the genre in 1997, F.O.L was released in late 1999 and wasn't a genre bender like I.F.O.

That's why.

I pretend the Nada album

I pretend you're not even here. Just a fly resting on my monitor.

As for the poll, my vote would always go to "I.F.O.", as it just refuses to get old or tiresome in my ears. "Tetrahedron", while being great, sounds uneven at places, and has the misfortune of including three remixes of tracks which are so magnificent in their original form that any attempt of alteration was unnecessary, and above all, predestined to sound inferior to the original versions.

However, at places it's on the same level as Pleiadians debut. Tracks like Classic Process and Pentagon are marvellous.

The best the guys ever made will be Alien Protein for me, simply because I like the smoother and softer more melodic sound a little more then the overloaded maximal 1000-things going on at the same time.

But well, all music has a right time, and Tetrahedron is for sure for night-goa trance sets on old school parties... Ifo is a little more morening styled I think.

IFO for 2 reasons, Maia and Alcyone.

Tetrahedron is a *very* good album, but it lacks (imo) 1 or 2 "wowomgwtfkillaaaaarg" tracks to be on IFO's level.

That being said, i find it easier to listen to the Crop Circles album from start to end than IFO - it sounds less aggressive and tiring to the ears.

Because I.F.O. is considered by most their best album and it was released in 1997; Tetrahedron was ready in 1997 and would have made it out in early 1998 so "time-wise" they are in line. 1997 was the height of Goa.

I.F.O. is considered by many the album of albums and was definately a turning point of the genre in 1997, F.O.L was released in late 1999 and wasn't a genre bender like I.F.O.

That's why.

I still think that FOL was the superior album. Not heard Tetrahedron yet but I will be getting it in my next order :D

I still think that FOL was the superior album. Not heard Tetrahedron yet but I will be getting it in my next order :D

Exactly why I wondered why FOL isn't in the poll, it's easily on par with Tetrahedron. Quality stuff in there, too.

Such a unique album can hardly be the definition of goa trance. :rolleyes:

Why couldn't it be?

IFO has 3 amazing tracks and 3 not good tracks.

I'd give I.F.O. Maia, Aclyone, Elektra, and Asterope above and beyond Targeta, Merope, and Celeano. But I enjoy all tracks on I.F.O., including Celeano, though I favor it the least.

The F.O.L. album should have been included in the poll IMO. Naturally, I voted I.F.O.

The best the guys ever made will be Alien Protein for me, simply because I like the smoother and softer more melodic sound a little more then the overloaded maximal 1000-things going on at the same time.

...you like it smoother as opposed to 1000-thing going on at the same time and you release Filteria? :)

If anyone tries to jam 1000 sounds in one second it's him :lol: :lol:

...you like it smoother as opposed to 1000-thing going on at the same time and you release Filteria? :)

If anyone tries to jam 1000 sounds in one second it's him :lol: :lol:

Don't forget we are 2 guys :P

Also I think every music has it's moment and time... :) Filteria on a dancefloor = madness :) Crop Circles as well, but for listening it is a different story... :)

• 2 weeks later...

don't get me wrong, it IS a nice album to listen to, it is great music, and one of the few releases from 2008 that got 5/5 from me, but you have to be in the mood :D

Best track without a doubt for me Daffy Duck... The melodies in the second part of the track, jummy! :D