• Techno
    • Trance

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALERT: STOLEN MELODY!

Seriously!

He flinched that melody from The Visions Of Shiva - How Much Can You Take?!

He he...

And yep, it feels more like electro to me. Sounds like a Rother remix of HMCYT...

Oh well.In my books,thats electro http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6tjSg_fKVEg and if you cant see the difference then theres no point in comparing.

But anyway,my point is there's as much trippy and melodic music in electro/techno but the genre is simply too wide to define,referring to Anoebis' post.

And please with the stolen melodies,there must be like 467000 melodies written for all trance/techno/electro music,some of them have to sound very similar.

Now, would anybody kindly explain to me WHAT THAT IS? To me it always was TECHNO. Is it? It maybe is. But WHAT KIND? Schranz? I began to associate it with that. But if it's not Schranz what's it then?

Let's put it that way: if that style is Techno, then I prefer Trance. That's how I always thought.

that is exactly techno to me. A hard kind. but techo. No tekno. Not sure what style of techno it would be.

No.

Just because both genres started by House doesn't mean that are the same.

It's like saying Goa is acid techno.

Goa has a lot of characteristics of the old Techno-Trance scene in Frankfurt

it's all about perspective, and the scope from which u fund your arguments

techno can be humongously different than trance if u want

but there're more than plenty of examples where they overlap completely

What the duck are you guys talking about?! Techno./... Electro... have you guys ever HEARD electro?!

ELECTRO

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wFyFvF4Mc NOT ELECTRO

ELECTRO

NOT ELECTRO

please people, dont follow the trend of thinking that minimal or tech-trance is ELECTRO cause it fucking A I N T!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VO87v4y-ZjY&...feature=related TECHNO

What the duck are you guys talking about?! Techno./... Electro... have you guys ever HEARD electro?!

ELECTRO

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wFyFvF4Mc NOT ELECTRO

ELECTRO

NOT ELECTRO

please people, dont follow the trend of thinking that minimal or tech-trance is ELECTRO cause it fucking A I N T!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VO87v4y-ZjY&...feature=related TECHNO

Nemo things have changed since the nineties,genres have been merged,no more vinyl old man.

Nemo things have changed since the nineties,genres have been merged,no more vinyl old man.

So you are saying that this gay electro house or whatever, is now called Electro?! Uh, oh, I am glad that there are almost no techno people here, they would laugh their asses off at ya'll.

Oh well, what is it worth to discuss with a bunch of hippies and a halfling?! :lol:

So you are saying that this gay electro house or whatever, is now called Electro?! Uh, oh, I am glad that there are almost no techno people here, they would laugh their asses off at ya'll.

Oh well, what is it worth to discuss with a bunch of hippies and a halfling?! :lol:

How dare you insult my race.I shall report that to Mars the IV in haste.

But no really,do you actually find that Hacker tune gay.Weird.

And yeah techno people would laugh their asses off,the same people that refer to Extrawelt and tunes packed with melodies and groove as 'minimal'.

How laughable.I wonder what radi has to say.BTW how do you expect a decent level of discussion about techno on a forum called 'psynews'.

edit: allow me to call anything techno and electro the same way you called me a halfling,im not a halfling,learn your DnD :P

How dare you insult my race.I shall report that to Mars the IV in haste.

But no really,do you actually find that Hacker tune gay.Weird.

And yeah techno people would laugh their asses off,the same people that refer to Extrawelt and tunes packed with melodies and groove as 'minimal'.

How laughable.I wonder what radi has to say.BTW how do you expect a decent level of discussion about techno on a forum called 'psynews'.

edit: allow me to call anything techno and electro the same way you called me a halfling,im not a halfling,learn your DnD :P

I actually meant that Kryll was the halfling... hes Belgian! ;)

Anyways, end of discussion for me. As you said, how can you expect to have this discussion on a board called PSYnews ;):P:D

So you are saying that this gay electro house or whatever, is now called Electro?!

around here: yes!

if anyone is talking about "electro" he usually means electro house.

@nemo, re hardcore

it's tekno (or freetekno or hard techno or however you want to call it) which is a subgenre of techno. just a bit faster (and imo better) than the commercial stuff (for which RTP posted a really nice expample) ;)

for hardcore look here.

it's tekno (or freetekno or hard techno or however you want to call it) which is a subgenre of techno. just a bit faster (and imo better) than the commercial stuff (for which RTP posted a really nice expample) ;)

some good techno (prolly sounds like psytrance for some):

;-)

Trance, I simply hate the monotonic non-melodic feeling of techno... Same same same... Bleh :) Melody lover forever

monotonic, yes

but non-melodic ???

i guess u never heard alotta oldschool techno

some quick examples i came up with just now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_1QO9LRYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg0FbpDNhSQ

the further you explore electronic music, the less u can hold on to styles and nametags (imho)

around here: yes!

if anyone is talking about "electro" he usually means electro house.

@nemo, re hardcore

for hardcore look here.

;-)

monotonic, yes

but non-melodic ???

i guess u never heard alotta oldschool techno

some quick examples i came up with just now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_1QO9LRYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg0FbpDNhSQ

Fine. Then everything is Electronic Music, No genres. Fuck those. Discussion over ;)

Fine. Then everything is Electronic Music, No genres. Fuck those. Discussion over ;)

:)

genres are practical to talk about, and approach music

but if your wanting to make a statement about a genre, your not talking about the music itself anymore ;)

To me, it changed all the time as I like both of genres, but at few stages of my life, how the genres were changing, my moods were changing :

1993 - 1996 : TECHNO ( Hard Techno, Acid Techno, Gabba Techno )

1996 - 2000 : TRANCE ( Goa Trance, Psychedelic Trance, Old School Trance )

2000 - 2002 : TECHNO ( Tech-Trance, Deep & Progressive Techno )

2002 - 2005 : TRANCE ( Minimal Trance, Psychedelic Trance )

2005 - 2008 : TECHNO ( Minimal Techno, Micro House & Techno )

And even still, I cannot separate those two genres, so I cannot vote at the moment.

My soul is more in trance, but my body moves more freely to techno. :D

@ Kryll: of course there was techno with melodies, but you can't deny one of the main things in trance were (are?) the fat melodic leads and arpeggios allover the tracks, in Techno the melodies are way different... The only kind of techno I liked a little was acid-techno, when the 303s were fat enough (but then it is called "acid" I guess) :D

I grew up with Bonzai and it's 1000 sublabels, and in the end the ones I always liked the most for me were the "trance" ones, so that was clear for me :)

but you can't deny one of the main things in trance were (are?) the fat melodic leads and arpeggios allover the tracks, in Techno the melodies are way different...

well ok

i get your point, and i agree to disagree

>as in: to me, i have a different view about it

and it's all about personal preferences here, so not much use to discuss further i think :)

some arpeggio techno btw:

Good stuff.I've been looking for similar techno for ages now,i went for schranz but it sounds way too boring for me.Unless it thats considered to be schranzy as well.

I was at this techno party at the uni and someone played a two hours set of fullon psychedelia around this style of techno,funny thing is there was a psytrance room which sounded like american pop compared to that.

That day really made me wonder.

Anyway,got any releases to recommend.