Psy & Ambient Musicians - Video Interviews

Malevol3nt

I was browsing around youtube and found some nice interviews, so I thought why not make a topic with a collection of links to video interviews from various psy or similar oriented musicians. But I'd like to include some ambient acts aswell.. since there's quite a few ambient lovers on this site, right?

Oh and, please do try to keep it English. Or at least videos with english subtitles? ;)

Here's something for starters:

Aphex Twin NL Interview - This is in English after the first 10 seconds.

- Not an interview but still funny to watch.

Ulrich Schnauss 2005 Interview | Part 2

|

Haha, yeah there's a step up in the way he mix hes tracks, from the cubase/vst plugin thingy i'm working on :P Doesn't look cheat all that equipment he's got... Just that mixer alone must cost as much as my appartment.... Anyone knows if Postford made all that money (for the equipment) from producing psy??

Haha, yeah there's a step up in the way he mix hes tracks, from the cubase/vst plugin thingy i'm working on :P Doesn't look cheat all that equipment he's got... Just that mixer alone must cost as much as my appartment.... Anyone knows if Postford made all that money (for the equipment) from producing psy??

Take a lucky guess.. :rolleyes:

Unless he's leasing it and already put a down payment on it or something? I doubt it, he didn't say anything about that. It did say he was trying that other thing with the 10 tube things in it and said that was pretty expensive.

Even thought that demo was pretty much made from scratch, it sounded pretty damn good imo. Maybe not like, good enough to put on an album per say but he could always juice it up or something.

Take a lucky guess.. :rolleyes:

He bought ALL that expensive equipment for the money he made on he's 2000 sold albums? (okay maybe alot more, but still most people don't even know hallucinogen OR sphongle) I don't see this as a stupid question since people tell me all the time, that there isn't any real money in making psy... And how people "sell out" and make more commercial musik to make money...

Well, he sold me a dime bag once, so... :) Just kidding, probably a safe bet.

He bought ALL that expensive equipment for the money he made on he's 2000 sold albums? (okay maybe alot more, but still most people don't even know hallucinogen OR sphongle) I don't see this as a stupid question since people tell me all the time, that there isn't any real money in making psy... And how people "sell out" and make more commercial musik to make money...

He obviously made alot more money from his live appearances as Shpongle, Younger Brother etc. I mean, even my sister listens to shpongle, even tho almost everything else she listens to I consider a pile of crap (sorry sis!). So if I play her a tracklist of oldskool goa/psy she doesn't like it at all, but shpongle she can take.

And then they say how "psychedellic" shpongle is.. :rolleyes:. That's world/synthpop music to me.

Just that mixer alone must cost as much as my appartment

That mixer isn't that much. It looks like a Mackie 8-Bus. 32 channel model, about $3000 US. The Apogee audio interfaces he had over to the right are much better in their respective area.

30 Minutes video interview with the entire Shpongle band

:posford:

Pete Callard - what a genious.. Dorset Perception.. also playing Divine Moments of Truth on electric guitar in London, oh my.

This video makes me giggle.

Booo... it only loaded 9 minutes of it. :(

Edit: I need to learn to scroll down.