Istvan

phusg

Don't know if this is the right place mods, but I'd like to warn everyone on psynews about the bad service and over-grading of discogs seller (and unfortunately fellow Dutchman) Istvan (aka G.I. Swint). He has almost 5000 items listed at the time of writing, so I think a lot of psynews members will know of him.

I recently ordered 57 CDs from him. 54 of these arrived relatively quickly. The 56th was an earlier non-remastered version I hadn't ordered, the 55th a promo version I hadn't ordered and the 57th he'd forgotten.

Unfortunately the 55 I had were not all up to the grading he had sold them to me for. Some of the cheaper titles were better than the given grading, but several of the more expensive titles sold as Mint or NM inlays had indents and a couple of VG+ had water damage!

I politely asked for a 5% refund and the only responses I get from the guy are,

"I've already given you a lot of discount"

"The only refunds I do are if you send everything back"

"I'd be happy to see your negative feedback"

"Stop complaining and behaving like a child, we are not professional sellers"

As you can understand this attitude has somewhat ****ed me off. I paid this guy a lot of money after which he went away on holiday and now he's back pretending he doesn't need to treat me like a paying client. A customer service 0. Just so you know. Please boycott this seller, and take your business elsewhere, I will be.

Seller has a huge amount of stock. Is he a shop owner (or a former shop owner) ?

People's complaints aren't nice and pretty consistent, being overgrading of records mainly.

You ordered 57 CD's ? Wow!

Hate to say it, but his negative feedback isn't alarming comapared to his total feedback.

Still, he treated you like s**t, and again he over graded record condition.

Quite a bastard.

yeah it's a pitty when this happens...

In defence for over-grading records: sometimes people buy a big stock of someone else at discogs and just transfer the stock they bought with grades and everything to their collection. You can understand that if you buy tens, even hundreds of records/ CDs you can't really check them one by one to see if the rating given by the seller before is correct or not. Although personally when this happens and I have a complaint from a buyer I ofeer him a hefty refund to compensate. I prefer losing a bit of money and go away with a good reputation than the other way around :)

Thanks for your kind words guys.

In defence for over-grading records: sometimes people buy a big stock of someone else at discogs and just transfer the stock they bought with grades and everything to their collection. You can understand that if you buy tens, even hundreds of records/ CDs you can't really check them one by one to see if the rating given by the seller before is correct or not. Although personally when this happens and I have a complaint from a buyer I ofeer him a hefty refund to compensate. I prefer losing a bit of money and go away with a good reputation than the other way around :)

Exactly. I can understand this and have no problems with it over-grading, as long as a seller is prepared to offer some discount when this comes to light as good customer service. Unfortunately istvan doesn't see it this way and only offers two raised fingers. A big shame as far as I'm concerned.

You ordered 57 CD's ? Wow!

Yes my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, but then I work hard for it so why not? Hopefully they'll be worth something someday and won't all end up being re-released/pirated to death and worthless :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...