Vibrasphere - Lungs of Life album review

soundmute

I remember my first time when i was listening this project on one festival. It was morning, about 8am. Sun, blue sky, sea & Vibrasphere live. I was amazed. One of the best mornings in my life partying.

They are on the scene for a very long time and there is no need to present them in any prelude of review.

Beautiful morning sound with totally light and non cheezy melodies. Every theme in their track has so much emotions that they create big energy. Something magnificent.

New album “Lungs of Life” just start in my CD player and I can't describe with words what I actually hear but for all of You that like to read my reviews I will try so hard to find right expression to make my feelings about new presentation of VIbrasphere visual to you.

01. Decade

From total quiet to big waves come up big pad like from paradise. Feels like sunrise presented thrue the sound. And it takes a long pad melody. It is very emotional introduction to new album. From the very beginning I was expecting lots of ambient style on this album.

02. Breathing Place

And its start with balad song. perfect string melody and like a sound of water in the background. Nice slow rhythm with lot of percussion on break. Of course they didn't miss old good laser effect in some parts of track. Really massive bassline that fills my soul with happiness. I just love big fat basslines with a bit distorzion. Acoustic guitar element is PERFECT!!!Playing melody with same instrument is also fantastic. I like, a lot, that acid lead which starts on main break of track. It fills track with great vibes. Very good, let's say, trick with not using same lead in the rest of track until the end part. And on that part that sound become much more twisted and You can't even recognize the melody you heard on beginning of the track.

Beautiful

03. Ensueno (Morning mix)

At the first moment I thought that its about one more ambiental track, no matter of that tiny shots that I heard in the background, who play some kind of element for 4X4 rhythm. But, of course after few seconds everything was uncovered and track starts with fat progressive bassline. And no matter of that its still so ambiental. On part of track fascinate me a lot, and that is something like pitch band wheel mode on bassline. A little falsh that bass has on last note. Perfect trick. It reminds me a lot of old Ticon tracks that I love the most (from "Zero Six After" album). Melody which bells are making I just adore. On of the best sounds for describe morning atmosphere. Next lead which is so deep, its deep that much that can be bass in track, is really good idea. I like it to.

Very atmospheric and deep track with lots of elements and each of them is on right place.

04. Waveguide

Wooooohoooohooo at the moment It looks like guys are bringing us combination of techno and trance. Actually they do, just in lighter way than I thought. Of course, no mater of groove track is Vibrasphere's style. 303 sound and every line rises up and up. After a bit calming down it start again with more pads. This track hold my tension on highest level. Rising all the time with new upcoming sounds. Real club supply :)

and the biggest story of this track is after main break, but not as usual. It comes in such different way, in few layers and with sudden bass-drum pumping, that makes that crazy moment much more euphoric than usual calm down, rising up and splashing rhythms recipes.

Very very innovative style of arranging.

05. Analog Marinade

It's really nice that I hear some techno elements here too. Very refreshing for this project. Rubber basslines and lot of rimshots. Rhythm is perfect. Nice way of reproducing main theme in track. I'm not possitively sure but I feel like bassline play main theme over pads from background. I usually don't like when bassline plays so much, I like more flat basses, but in this case this is perfectly done, I must admit.

Squiky led that follows rest of the track is a bit loud for my ears but of course that is a matter of my ears not a matter of production. In case of this project, production never misses.

06. Follow me

It is Disco that I hear? :) Real disco rhythm on the very beginning. So heavy and deep. UUuu acidness of bassline is my favourite. Here we have one pure progressive style with out of much techno elements like in 2 previous tracks. Sounds more like older style of Vibrasphere, but still with innovative elements in composition of this album. Vocal fits so perfectly!!! Very very sophisticated. In next part of track at one moment I feel that lot of elements are in one place but after while everything is set on right place. End of track is so DJ friendly.

07. Dewdrops (with Ticon)

Magnificent cooperation. I expected so much of this track, and they actually give more then I expected. Vibrasphere melodies and Ticon groove. A bit nice glitchy moments on some rhythm elements. Again great techno groove. Pure drive. AND THATS THE WAY IT IS!!! WOOOOW!!! I could cry because of that melody on main break. FANTASTIC!!! It so high and euphoric. I expected lot of spraying effect on lift up, but there wasn't so much and that shoved to be the good thing according that now days everybody puts so much od that effect on lift up moments and its kind of cheep. Thanks God those guys have feeling for using sfx's in music.

WONDERFUL SONG!!!!

08. Erosion (Glenn Morrison & Bruce Alsher remix)

Very good remix of this amazing track by two of Canadian artists. Lots of Europian style of music in this track. Sooo progressive. To be honest I like it, just for my ears I would be even better If It was a bit more minimalistic. I can't find my self found of that much loud sounds together. But even considering that track is totally OK.

09. 102 Miles From Here (Solead remix)

Cool techno start from this French remixer. I loooooove that deep basslines. Its so under the rhythm but on the other hand its in leading position. This track is very tech house stilly. It is a bit more energetic and fat then usual tech house tracks but its still tech House by my opinion. Lot of that elements that point on tech house. Amazing production in every way. Playing with vocal is fantastic. Really tropical as artist like to specify his music style.

After all I can say that album is really excellent without any doubt. Its much more club oriented then I expected drum this project, but still perfect. My earlier opinion was:"Vibrasphere music in club like bird in bird cage", but after this album they can perform, so to say free, anywhere.

Awesome job from Vibrasphere and Tribal Vision.

My pleasure to review some masterpiece like this album.

Keep us dancing!

I think there are some great tracks on this album. But still it feels a little bit "thin" Some remixes that are very good, but they're still remixes. And also the new tracks are not that good as I'm used to from vibrasphere. It's not an instant buy for me. After having heard the single Autumn Lights, which is extraordinary good, I was expecting more.

I remember my first time when i was listening this project on one festival. It was morning, about 8am. Sun, blue sky, sea & Vibrasphere live. I was amazed. One of the best mornings in my life partying.

A really nice review of the album - thanks, you've got me really interested! I've been working on my own album over the last year...haven't bought any psy in 2008 - but this review makes me want it bad!!

I think there are some great tracks on this album. But still it feels a little bit "thin" Some remixes that are very good, but they're still remixes. And also the new tracks are not that good as I'm used to from vibrasphere. It's not an instant buy for me. After having heard the single Autumn Lights, which is extraordinary good, I was expecting more.

I'll have to agree with this one.

I've noticed allready from exploring the tributaries that they started commercializing. Altho it had a few gems there, but just as much fillers and old tracks re-released.

This one tho.. Well there's a few good tracks, the Dewdrops (Vibrasphere & Ticon) is nice. Other then that.. really seems like a filler album to me.

I'll have to give it a few more listens. Maybe it will grow on me, highly doubt it tho.

• 1 month later...

who cares if its progressive or dark or full on or chill out? i hear too much aaa i dont like it cause its prog or i dont like dark psy, who cares the style, it has to be good, but if, because of the style, you dont like the album, well thats a shame, too bad for you.

IMO less nice than the album before, but still lot above the average progressive, ion fact, the best prog cd ive heard this year

it's always bad to hear from other ppl that an artist that i like a lot is going towards more commercialized and clubby tunes. specially with yahel and infected mushroom in mind :wacko: last year same was being told about two of my favorite artists being Vibrasphere and Abakus, so i didn't have high expectations for neither of them prior to my first listen but ended up liking both albums a lot.

as far as i remember vibrasphere has always produced progressive trance and this is not an exception either, but it does have a clubby feel to it. not all the tracks are great and it's definitely not my favorite album of theirs but it's a solid album with crystal clear production with some strong tracks and some above average ones.

when i'm hanging out with my friends or i'm in a car with them, it's always hard for me to play a music that they like while i enjoy it as well, but this album was perfect for that matter. i haven't heard a better progressive trance album in 08 :drama:

It's not really an album, so you can't judge it as such. This is rather a collection of tracks, few new ones, some remixes, the last track has been previously released as an mp3 in their shop.

In general, this is high quality (as you would expect from the duo) ambient and dance-floor oriented music, with this step they take themselves to a new level broadening the audience. Also, you can't notice the change in sound - warm analog synths are added to the usual Vibrasphere sound. Not sure I'll enjoy Lungs of Life as frequently, but I'd definitely want to hear some tunes played in parties.

What's interests me most is their side-project Hyzer. By the way, Insueno (Morning Mix) was previously featured on Hyzer's myspace, since it has been moved to Vibrasphere, one would expect Hyzer to sound less melodic, more techy and minimalistic a la the latest Antix but with a Vibrasphere touch and that will surely overshadow all of those wannabe minimal/tech artists you can see today.