what ever happened to Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom (M.O.S.)

chris

A really, really good question!

Actually an old one ... isn't there another thread about this hidden somewhere? I remember one.

It got very silent about them indeed though. That's a pity, they were great!

Still waiting for more stuff after DRIVE album. :unsure:

check out their track Fire on Goa-Head 18 ... that one is totally awesome

it makes me wonder ... if they could produce such nice tunes, why didn't they make a new album?

... if they could produce such nice tunes, why didn't they make a new album?

i have no idea but if you know the psy project Moksha. it's a fact that one member got a depression and died.

so i think everyone has troubles somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

The MOS mentioned at that festival could also be Sprout's MOS, who's making electro/tech house. A totally different project:

www.myspace.com/manuelsofia

it is! :(

look at the last post in that thread :(

• 2 years later...

well, actually there is some news regarding the mittelstandskinder.

although they suspended their producing activities after 'drive' for personal reasons, someone obviously managed to convince them to play one more gig :)

they will be performing live next week in their hometown. more details here

as far as i know, there are no new tracks to present, but 'refurbished' versions of some mos-bombs. either way worth a visit.

although they suspended their producing activities after 'drive' for personal reasons, someone obviously managed to convince them to play one more gig :)

as far as i know, there are no new tracks to present, but 'refurbished' versions of some mos-bombs. either way worth a visit.

:blink: MOS live?? I'd cut one finger to be there. Someone going to this party, please record it.

There's no videos of them playing live.

"clouds" is my favorite tech-trance tune ever!!

Edit to correct myself: have you guys ever heard of NDMA? Well, take a look at this video: NDMA aka M.O.S. (btw, can anyone tell me what is the title of the track that they're playing on the first half of the video, loved that!)

have you guys ever heard of NDMA? Well, take a look at this video: NDMA aka M.O.S. (btw, can anyone tell me what is the title of the track that they're playing on the first half of the video, loved that!)

of course we have heard of ndma. his track 'vitan' is a goa classic.

i can't really tell what he's playing as the melody is barely audible. the beat sounds a bit like 'the answer' at times, but i don't think it is...

of course we have heard of ndma. his track 'vitan' is a goa classic.

i can't really tell what he's playing as the melody is barely audible. the beat sounds a bit like 'the answer' at times, but i don't think it is...

Haha, well, actually the movie was made on Old is Gold 7 last year... We invited MOS/NDMA there for an old school goa-set, and it was awesome. At that time the guys were not making any new music, but they were restyling their old tracks. They said at that time they would make new stuff soon though, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear more of them in the future. Probably more technoid/electro like, as that was their sound last 10 years...

Edit to correct myself: have you guys ever heard of NDMA? Well, take a look at this video: NDMA aka M.O.S. (btw, can anyone tell me what is the title of the track that they're playing on the first half of the video, loved that!)

one night to go....

The track in the video is "voltcraft" remix 2010. It was originaly released in

1998 by organic records :).

aaaah, what a crap that I can't be there ... it's even a free party!

This is insane ... I'd really like to be there ... MOS for free again (again! ;) ), just like in the old times ... how cool would that be...

but Essen is really far away from me and I have no car anymore :(

nevertheless, great to hear about the "MOS in disguise" acts.

that really was a thread revival that payed off :)

• 2 months later...