tribal industrial

lumpi

I'm searching for some tribal industrial at the moment, stuff like Empusae, Tzolk'in, This Morn' Omina, etc ...

Anyone got a useful hint? Something with a mystical atmosphere and an irresistable groove?

Check out the track Uthul Khulture by Sephiroth, I bet you'll like that one. You can find a sample of it there: http://www.coldmeat.se/sounds/sounds_sephiroth.html

Unfortunately the guy is rather producing dark ambient, so the rest of the stuff might not exactly be what you search for. But it's the only hint I know...

Good tribal industrial is what I'm thirsty for aswell, but I don't know much in that sector.

I saw Empusae live, pretty good stuff, but sometimes just a bit too little energy in it imo.

Street Drum Corps - Flaco 81 is a damn good industrial-tribal track, I don't really like their other music, but this track is great!

Oh!

Also check Beats Antique and Pentaphobe!

Check out the track Uthul Khulture by Sephiroth, I bet you'll like that one. You can find a sample of it there: http://www.coldmeat.se/sounds/sounds_sephiroth.html

Unfortunately the guy is rather producing dark ambient, so the rest of the stuff might not exactly be what you search for. But it's the only hint I know...

Good tribal industrial is what I'm thirsty for aswell, but I don't know much in that sector.

RTP, you nailed it! Fine tune, the CD seems hard to get for a reasonable price though, sold out everywhere.

I never knew there was such a thing as tribal industrial. Sounds interesting though.

I have no clue, I decided there is :P

INTERMIX - INTERMIX

NOISE UNIT - VOYEUR

EQUINOX - HOLON

Not as tribal as the ones you mentioned, but have some tribal patterns and sounds. Check them out. ;)

Noise Unit sounds familiar in a way, I remember having listened to a CD by them. I'll check the others, thanks Seraph

I saw Empusae live, pretty good stuff, but sometimes just a bit too little energy in it imo.

Street Drum Corps - Flaco 81 is a damn good industrial-tribal track, I don't really like their other music, but this track is great!

Oh!

Also check Beats Antique and Pentaphobe!

I was looking forward to hearing Empusae live at Maschinenfest in Krefeld this year but I couldn't make it :( It's not that energetic, agreed, but it's perfect for homelistening... so much depth and mystery.

I'm also looking for some low or midpaced, heavy, abrasive stuff if anyone happens to know of any.

there' not too much stuff like that on youtube, some examples I found (and yes, it's supposed to sound that way):

Morgenstern - Faces Of Phobia

Monokrom - A Bunny's Life

Keep 'em coming :)

• 2 weeks later...

RTP, you nailed it! Fine tune, the CD seems hard to get for a reasonable price though, sold out everywhere.

unfortunately this is true

there's one for sale on Discogs though...

• 2 weeks later...

loved it quite a bit

not really 100% dancefloor material.. but still was quite a live act imo :)

You were there? I envy you!!!

a geomatic track on youtube:

that's some nice sound and even nicer video, what I miss is a bit of "dirt" and "distortion". Not exactly what I was searching for but I like it nonetheless :)

• 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks ... the NA-HAG one is great! And the Poordream I like a lot too.

Celldweller I know well - great stuff, but too little tribal for my taste ... and the first one is nice but it doesn't spark me like TMO...

keep 'em coming

But I have to admit, nothing ever gets close to Ulf Söderberg ... or Sephiroth ... the guy I recommended in my first post in this thread.
And if Lumpi was still reading here I'd recommend ULF SÖDERBERG - INLAND to him (yeah that's right, Ulf Söderberg made a new album, but the info about this is scarce ... I got the little fragments of information that I have about it from youtube ... the Inland CD was a jubilee release for 30 years CMI and only released in little quantity ... we might never get our hands on it, like with the rest of his music by now :( )...

I think it's just my fate that my favourite artists only ever so scarcely release something ... it's no different with S-Range, Astral Projection, Etnoscope(*) ... Matenda ... Front 242 ... even Mortiis ... why should it be any different with Ulf Söderberg... *sigh*
RTP likes it - great, let's trickle our releases from now on. My curse.

TMO are the noble exception.

(*) not counting their Soundcloud

• 7 months later...