Hallucinogen - In Dub (Live from Brixton)

Guest antic

i saw him live a month ago and wasn't really impressed!!! maybe because i saw bluetech live 2 weeks before that at the same venue...most of his set was from skylon and the original H in dub :unsure:

i think i need to listen to the whole album to decide whether to buy it or not.

so this is a live OTT performance of the songs from the Hallucinogen Remix album?

i've seen OTT perform before, and there wasn't much 'live' sequencing/remixing/playing of synths or anything - will this set sound just like the studio album with crowd cheers mixed in?

so this is a live OTT performance of the songs from the Hallucinogen Remix album?

i've seen OTT perform before, and there wasn't much 'live' sequencing/remixing/playing of synths or anything - will this set sound just like the studio album with crowd cheers mixed in?

Does it really matter? Check the samples - these are totally different versions to those already released and the fact whether it was recorded live or just played from sequencer is IMO irrelevant...

Simon, make another Hallucinogen album, please? Just get it over with and go full-on like most "masters" do, then we'll all stop hoping for the comeback we all want.

Sorry, nope, he's too busy with dub, delay pedals, rock instrumentation, and Ott. Dub sounds just fine when it's out of a hot 70s analogue mixer, but not when it's the slick, pristine, over-produced pap found in these samples.

*Goes and cranks up Twisted for the billionth time*

Does it really matter? Check the samples - these are totally different versions to those already released and the fact whether it was recorded live or just played from sequencer is IMO irrelevant...

it matters if it sounds exactly the same

how about those 'live' tracks from Prometheus and Kox Box on the CD that came with the Twisted DVD? they sounded exactly like the originals with poorer EQing and crowd noise added

the samples won't work for me, but i'll take your word that the songs sound different...that's what i was hoping for : )

it matters if it sounds exactly the same

how about those 'live' tracks from Prometheus and Kox Box on the CD that came with the Twisted DVD? they sounded exactly like the originals with poorer EQing and crowd noise added

the samples won't work for me, but i'll take your word that the songs sound different...that's what i was hoping for : )

Yes, they sound different to me and I know the original releases by heart - every sound, sample & tweak.

So I'm definitely going to buy this one :)

It is very relevant, as it says Live from Brixton.

A live set makes the artist follow the crowd where as just playing tracks from sequencer makes the crowd follow the artist's planned/unplanned trip

i saw him live a month ago and wasn't really impressed!!! maybe because i saw bluetech live 2 weeks before that at the same venue...most of his set was from skylon and the original H in dub :unsure:

i think i need to listen to the whole album to decide whether to buy it or not.

See that's like backwards to my experience..although I can't really say that because I missed Ott when he was in town recently. But, Bluetech I saw and was a little disappointed because he didn't play anything I knew (Elementary Particles, Prima Materia, Sines and Singularities) although the Ott live set I do know of (Live at Camp Bisco VI) was dank.

See that's like backwards to my experience..although I can't really say that because I missed Ott when he was in town recently. But, Bluetech I saw and was a little disappointed because he didn't play anything I knew (Elementary Particles, Prima Materia, Sines and Singularities) although the Ott live set I do know of (Live at Camp Bisco VI) was dank.

that's one of the reasons i loved his set. :unsure: if you've seen him recently that was part of his tour for new bluetech album. he was selling his mini album 2 or 3 weeks before official release. he even played 2 or 3 tracks from the album which is going to be released early 09, and before his solo set he played few songs with pitchblack from a collaboration album which is going to be released soon. i had a blast that night :wub:

That sucks. I mean, why would they delay an album which is a live recording and is already there. Are they going to design a new cover for another 6 months or something?! Get a grip, Twisted! :(

That sucks. I mean, why would they delay an album which is a live recording and is already there. Are they going to design a new cover for another 6 months or something?! Get a grip, Twisted! :(

I am also very pissed off with them. But to be fair, earthcore are currently launching a law suit against twisted because shpongle pulled out of their concerts in march because earthcore didnt pay them (earthcore is sueing them for slander and loss of business apparently...)

Still it would be nice to hear from twisted a single update as to why and how long this has been delayed for, but their fans have got absolutely nothing so far from the twisted HQ... <_<

Still it would be nice to hear from twisted a single update as to why and how long this has been delayed for, but their fans have got absolutely nothing so far from the twisted HQ... <_<

You'd expect they would do really, I mean surely a lot of their fan base is close knit and relies on fairly good customer relations. As for the accusations made by Earthcore, that's a pretty shitty situation, but even so wouldn't it be an even stronger reason to show your devotion to the people that matter and show them that your label is holding up under the strains and pressures?