Crop Circles - Tetrahedron (DAT Records) *Etnica&Lotus Omega !*

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preferences:

Gold CD...it's really how I always figured how the CD would look like. Always.

Regular jewel case (not sure though)

Laminated metallic

NOT numbered. You'll obviously make more than 300 :)

what would u like to see:

gold cd vs. black cd

digipack vs. regular jewel case

uv printing vs laminated metallic covers?

numbered vs unnumbered?

smartpac is still the best casing i've ever encountered until now

cant find any images of it, but it's 100% cardboard/hard paper, and its a case, not a sleeve/cover

*edit*

ahh.. found one.. here you go :)

Posted Image

source: http://www.discogs.com/release/1108989

That's what I'd prefer :)

gold cd

regular jewel case

laminated metallic covers

numbered

crop kind of gold color please :) Something close to Lunar Civilization, tho, i wonder, how will the artwork co-relate to IFO and Lunar Civilization artwork, since they are related and in such vein i expect Tetrahedron (is it going to be called this way Draeke?) to be visualized :)

YAY DRAEKE :posford: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

some updates..

i am now trying to gather the best rips to send to tim schuldt for remastering.

my graphic artist, miro moric, has started the design of the cover

i am doing all the legal things to open the label properly.

but i need an opinion from you all.

what would u like to see:

gold cd vs. black cd

digipack vs. regular jewel case

uv printing vs laminated metallic covers?

numbered vs unnumbered?

i have various options to choose and an opinion is interesting :)

PS: the colour of the cd doesnt add any special value to the disc, i.e. the resistance or durability or whatever is the same, is just the colour of the dyed material, is not a different thing, as i have been assured. theoretically i can even choose colours like pink, purple, red, yellow, green, etc.. there is no limit as for now ti the colour of the side with the music.

i would choose black as i like it very much but i have received some different opinions, so what would u prefer? the choice has to be made pretty soon so be quick to offer your idea!

boom!

That IS very interesting news. I shall be ordering too ... :)

As for layout I think:

gold cd

digipack

laminated metallic covers?

numbered

Man ... another CC release.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

Congratulations for this great project and concept label, Fede! I know that was your long-time dream to release the Crop Circles album and it will become soon a reality!! :)

Big support for this initiative! :clapping: I eargerly would like to see other DATs released in the future, through compilations or albums. There are plenty unreleased stuff that are desperately waiting to get out from some forgotten boxes of djs or artists and that would be great to valorize them finally. :) I'm thinking of some old Dimension 5, Ra, Chi-a.d. stuff for example. B)

Edited by Cosmogenesis

Great work draeke!

I would prefer a gold or black disc in a jewelcase. It depends on how the color of the artwork corresponds to the color of the disc. But I'm sure you'll make all the right decisions, this is after all your (and our) dream come true!

:D Sweet!

Good to know this actually is going to happen :)

I'm on the digipak (and good CD holding pins or what evr they r called)... for me it just makes the artwork stand out a lot more, and makes me take even more care of the CD!

Good luck with the label as well, hope this release will make way for more old archeological digs! ;)

Wow what a news, i actually wasn't aware of it until today.

Good job and thanks a lot for your hard work, sincerly appreciated.

yay, finally the tracks are ready and things are moving ;)

Final decisions,

1 Gold CDs (finally found a pressing plant where they can print them and not cost too much or require to print dozens of thousands! and i also think it make more sense because of the crop thing, plus, black cds seem somehow cd-r.. i got some samples of black printed cds and i am not that impressed)

2 Jewel Case (but there is gonna be a surprise about it, also more artwork can fit, on digipack it is somehow limited)

digipacks or black cds another time.. if all goes good!

Will try to have a release date announced as soon as possible, can't say it so far (because i have no idea about when all will be ready to be honest)

:)

So, is the release date already established?

Will try to have a release date announced as soon as possible, can't say it so far (because i have no idea about when all will be ready to be honest)

Very very cool initiative, Fede. I just hope it won't be a one tricky pony type of a label.

All the best, hope your work and input don't go by unnoticed. Cheers!

I am really looking forward to coping the album. Took a while to get there, but the patience was worth it, I guess.

I will release the Crop Circles album.

WHAT?? WHAT???

How did I miss this? Thank you draeke!

Oh and one question, will I be able to order this by bank transfer? That's only way I'm able to order anything and this is a CD that I NEED.

• 3 weeks later...

orders will be available in all means, bank transerfs & paypal from me and from online shops :)

here the cover :)

Posted Image

if someone knows a way to post it in the topic, i don't :)

(i am a lamer at forums codes etc)

Very very cool initiative, Fede. I just hope it won't be a one tricky pony type of a label.

All the best, hope your work and input don't go by unnoticed. Cheers!

I am really looking forward to coping the album. Took a while to get there, but the patience was worth it, I guess.

well 2 things:

1 trcky pony of a label? what would it mean

2 looking forward copying? i hope buying :) support goa trance!

orders will be available in all means, bank transerfs & paypal from me and from online shops :)

here the cover :)

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m122/dr...over_resize.jpg

if someone knows a way to post it in the topic, i don't :)

(i am a lamer at forums codes etc)

Copy this peace of code to your reply:

[img=http://i38.tinypic.com/2pos5tg.jpg]

well 2 things:

1 trcky pony of a label? what would it mean

2 looking forward copying? i hope buying :) support goa trance!

2 - Definition of 'coping':

cope 1 (kp)

intr.v. coped, cop·ing, copes

1. To contend or strive, especially on even terms or with success: coping with child rearing and a full-time job.

2. To contend with difficulties and act to overcome them: "Facing unprecedented problems, the Federal Reserve of the early 1930s couldn't cope" Robert J. Samuelson.

I think he meant it in a good way, because the album may be overwhelming (as in so good that you can't imagine).

i am now trying to gather the best rips to send to tim schuldt for remastering.

There seems to be some history involving this that I'm not aware of, so someone please illuminate me.

By "rips", are you referring to MP3s? Is that the only format in which this exists?