Recommend me some new artists

Lemmiwinks

Hi!

I've been into psytrance for a long long time now and I realize that I'm a bit left behind on new artists. I basically find myself only listening to artists that were around for years now and I'm a bit dissapointed by their new releases so I would like to hear some new talent.

Just a bit on my background: I was mainly an oldschooler, although newschool isn't that good IMO (I don't know if it's the artists or just me getting tired of the sound), I also had a soft spot for dark psy a few years ago but find that the genre kindof peaked around 2005, I can't really find stuff made after that that are better or don't sound as pale copies in comparison. I also like a bit of full-on, but the "serious" type, not the poptrance vocal stuff. Also some old Delta/ Midi Milliz/ Spirallianz style techtrance (although I don't really like the new turn they have taken recently).

So what would you recommend?

Serious full on: everything by Glowing Flame Records. Everything but if you wanna go for artists try Braincell and Yudhisthira.

Other new stuff I like is Useless Science by Troll Scientists.

Or Tamlin's Spectogram.

These are also quality full on releases.

Within psy/prog try Sensient Blue Neevus and Kino Oko's Alphabetically Divided Highway.

These are all really good new albums.

I recommend you check outElectrypnose's new album on Digital Psionics.

Also Crazy Ducks-Quacktastic.

These are up at the top of my to-buy-ASAP list.

And what Ormion said.

Also if you like techtrance check VA-5 Tons of Flax (Mechanical Dragon). Kali Frogz track on there is fucking EVIL in the best way possible.

Serious full on: everything by Glowing Flame Records. Everything but if you wanna go for artists try Braincell and Yudhisthira.

Didn't you forget to emphasize Trold? :P They are not that new but relatively unknown... and definitely talented!

If u haven't heard their second album Time Of Illusion then your in for a treat :posford: past meets present! :D

For a more nite time feel, try the crazy American producer Quasar... he made a fantastic debut album in 06 called One Day!

From this year i would recommend you

Electrypnose-Funked up

Kino Oko-ADH

If you like fullon, make shure to check out headroom, digicult and Burn in noize

Last years Concept-paranormal album still is great to me, darkish fullon, very nice!

I'll post more when i get home, don't remember much right now (VERY early in the morning for me :P )

(all fullon mentioned on the list is "serious" fullon :) )

Quasar is good. Love the homemade samples on his album, funny and different. If you like his work you'll probably also like his other work with Dylalien as Fractal Cowboys. These guys, live, tore my brain apart and reformed it like Play-Doh. As far as I know they've only released a split album w/ the Many Faces, on Manic Dragon, as well as some compo tracks.

And I forgot to mention the free techtrance VA Supermarket on Ultiva, you can get it on Basilisk's site www.ektoplazm.com along with a lot of other great stuff.

What I liked since 2006 without already known names.

Downbeat:

Slackbaba - And The Beat Goes Om (2006, Liquid)

Chronos - Steps to the Great Knowledge (2006, Sunline)

Liquid Stranger - The Invisible Conquest (2007, Interchill)

Outolintu - Odd Man Out (2007, Fairy Dragon) (Haltya side-project)

Polyploid - Grow Your Own (2007, Chill Tribe)

Pushmipulyu - 133 Thursdays (2007, Interchill)

Sundial Aeon - Apotheosis (2007, Flow)

Psytrance:

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission To Sedna (2006, Spaceport)

Tetrameth - Psychological Pyrotechnics (2006, Zenon)

Shadow FX - Direct Influence (2007, Zenon)

Trold - Time Of Illusion (2007, Glowing Flame)

Troll Scientists - Useless Science (2007, Space Boogie)

OK, it's hard to remember all of them, so I suggest checking "Best of" threads for 2006 and 2007!

• 1 month later...

what I found surprisingly good this year were two releases of Demon Tea Records.....

MEEO - Highlight me please (I for one definately hear the inspiration he got from listening to Mr Posford but it's far from a pathetic rip of!!)

Squazoid - Fantasia (psychedelic quality full on surprise!!! and deserves more attention here!!!!)

also the 2 Kino Oko albums and Tetrameth album (Zenon records) were very good....

Lots of quality chill out music out there in recent times!!!

Keep the search alive!

Hi,

Definitely try M.E.E.O., I find his music to be a small revolution on the scene. I'll also confirm Loud is great. Zen Mechanics or Headroom seem to be good choices if you're looking for full on made in 2008 (or Braincell which debuted I think in 2005 so you may already know that one). For progressive check out Ace Ventura, Liquid Soul or Kularis if you haven't heard'em (relatively new - around since 2006-07).

Finally, there are neat free albums of Ekoplex (Journey of the Turtle) and Cybernetika (Nanospheric) up on Ektoplazm (definitely check the latter if you're thinking nothing interesting is happening on the darkpsy scene... though it's not your typical hard as fuck dark trance).

Hi,

Definitely try M.E.E.O., I find his music to be a small revolution on the scene. I'll also confirm Loud is great. Zen Mechanics or Headroom seem to be good choices if you're looking for full on made in 2008 (or Braincell which debuted I think in 2005 so you may already know that one). For progressive check out Ace Ventura, Liquid Soul or Kularis if you haven't heard'em (relatively new - around since 2006-07).

Finally, there are neat free albums of Ekoplex (Journey of the Turtle) and Cybernetika (Nanospheric) up on Ektoplazm (definitely check the latter if you're thinking nothing interesting is happening on the darkpsy scene... though it's not your typical hard as fuck dark trance).

Yep, M.E.E.O. is great but Loud is even greater imo. Loud's debut will live for a long time I think.