Transwave - New album (Free tracks samples)

Moai

Taken from Deedrah's blog:

2008年11月20日

transwave fourth album coming soon!

http://homepage.mac.com/syntheticdado/FileSharing8.html

we are reaching final steps of completion . it s been a long process but we are finally getting there. we have posted here short parts of our album tracks. some are finished versions , some are just demos . we are currently finalizing the whole lot and cooking our best album so far .

You will note that there are more tracks than a cd can contains . that s where we need you here . please send us your best of ( 10 tracks ) ( email at syntheticdado@mac.com ). take care and thank you for your support all those years!

transwave

---------------------------------------

coming soon.mp3

cycles of life.mp3

eleven particles.mp3

fuel on rmx.mp3

japan.mp3

joon and spam.mp3

land of freedom .mp3

organik.mp3

phototropic part 2.mp3

rezwalker 2009.mp3

rising high.mp3

transwave vs gms.mp3

tribute .mp3

uplifter tec mix.mp3

-----------------------------------------

Let's discuss! What do you think of the future Transwave "sound"? Wich ones are your top 10?

here is my top 10

Organic

+A

Awesome track! This is the style they should make. Dark, agressive, yet deep and broodling.

Eleven Particles

-A

Follows the style of organic. Beautiful Kickdrum and nice lead.

Transwave vs GMS

-A

Transwave Goes Minimal influence? Interesting experiment. When I saw the title i highly doubted i would like it. guess i was wrong :)

Tribute

-A

I like its progressive repetitiveness and major trippiness. whoa !! dancefloor killer!

Rising High

+B

Ok Uplifting track. Some nice melodies.

Rezwalker 2009

+B

Too bad that it sounds so much full on, but it got some nice harmonics and atmosphere.

Land Of Freedom

+B

Heard this live a long time ago. its quite a nice song, even though its full on.

Coming soon

+B

Nice track. Reminds me of Wizzy Noise a bit.

Japan

-B

Chilled track. Maybe put it as an intro or in the end.

Phototropic part 2

+B

Would be nice as an outro.

Overall: +B

I put a lot of time into writing this so I hope Transwave reads it. We have a lot of respect for these artists and would like to see them release a great album. But I'm going to be honest and in accepting the fact that they're making a Full On album.

Transwave is known for making strong and danceable Psytrance in the past. I suppose having some refreshing new school Goa melodies is not something their making a part of their new album. But these artists were always known for creating great melodies and dance songs. The question is.. how great are these tracks for Full On? Some examples of more or less greatness, successes include:

- 1200 Micrograms appeared to innovate when they released Time Machine by making their music and mixing more dynamic. In some ways they transcended Full On by showing us that once Goatrance producing artists can return and produce something strong that isn't Goa/Psytrance per say.

- Infected Mushroom has made many excellent Full On Psytrance numbers that we seldom call Full On because it occasionally stretches the boundaries of the generic formula the general Full On track has become. Yet many of Infected Mushrooms songs remain dance friendly. They proved once again that not all tracks on a Full On album must be Full On or even share characteristics. Love them or hate them, Infected Mushroom is the most famous Psytrance act in the world to date. And they still produce awesome songs, regardless that their previous album had several tracks most people I spoke didn't care for.

- Space Cat made a strong Full On Psytrance album that was just great called Power Up. The artist, Avi returned in 2004 and produced another Full On Psytrance album which had some pretty good tracks. In this album however he got most caught up with the typical sound though he didn't lose himself entirely. It was the least break out and overall most forgettable main album he produced to date according to many people. Regardless of the sales at the time, in the moment. The reviews weren't bad but the general consensus and feedback/reviews they speak for themselves. I feel like this artist all but became a shadow of his former self when he released Mechanical Dream in 2004. It seemed like much of his creativity was being choked by a label or something. His previous stuff was just so much more fun and dynamic. Makes me wonder..

For those who generally put down Full On. Full On is simply dance driven (club friendly) Psytrance. That doesn't mean it has to sound clubby or generic, square, risk free. I've accepted that there's a good amount of great Full On out there. But the stuff that isn't makes the great stuff look overwhelmed. Furthermore, few things are as dissapointing as looking forward to one of your favorite artists/acts, only to see them attach their names to something that's generic or not great, something that doesn't elevate the sub genre, genre in anyway. An example of this was Pleiadians who released a Full On album a year or two ago. It was disappointing to say the least. Cosmosis is one of the few once Goa (famous) artists who has actually made some great Full On songs, especially on Trancendance. But for some reason the amount of his great tracks were not many. It made me wonder why a great artist like Bilbo Bagginz can't make 8 or 9 awesome songs. He seemed to have no problem doing this with his first two albums and was anyway, looked up to as an example of excellence by more people at one time in the field, scene. Now I don't want to get into all of that here. I'm just making some points and setting some examples.

I want to remind certain Goa enthusiast that much of what Transwave did in the past was considered by some Full On Goatrance. Naturally Full On generally refers now days to dance driven music and since most of that music appears stripped of imagination, innovation, passion and soul, Full On has developed a more or less negative connotation with certain people who remember acts like Transwave back then. But them producing Full On could be a great thing if they make an excellent dance driven PSYTRANCE album.

Based on the samples since we're doing feedback here:

coming soon sounds decent. Cool melodies.

cycles of life is named after one of my favorite Transwave songs. I understand why they'd create Full On versions of some of these Goa songs. The song itself, from the several minutes shown.. it just makes me wonder, why can't these guys add more layers and enrich the rhythm? It sounds decent but a generic, in the box version of its former self. I mean, these were amazing dance songs, Goa or not. They had a euphoric edge that was seldom seen in psytrance at the time. But here I feel like the general melodies are, well.. they're falling into the "we've heard it all before returning artist" Full On type sound category. I mean, even Blood Is Pumping was a great dance song when it came out. It innovated. I want to hear some new and great Full On songs since that's the direction Transwave has gone so far. Though most of Suntrip Record's work is filled with great, dance driven Psytrance numbers:

Momentary 29 by Red Gravity on the Twist Dreams comp was excellent. Also..

Weight Of Oblivion (Featuring Klara Steiner) by KOB was great.

Trancefuzion by Khetzal was awesome.

Those tracks were dance floor killers! The artist developed their distinguishing, imaginative individuality and sound and produced some of the best dance songs of the year. THese songs were played at huge parties, massive sets, with enormous praise and positivity.

Is it not possible for Transwave, one of the leading pioneers in Psytrance to break out and make something amazing and evolved in our time now for their danceable style as opposed to making general, recycling melody work versions of some of their best prior songs for the general club now? I'm not asking them go back and make a Goa album. I mean..

Old school artists (song included below) like Transwave that returned in OUR TIME NOW and produced great, excellent and fun/imaginative dance songs include:

Shakta - Even Ten Times Around The Sun (Great track!!! On the Opus Iridium compilation.

Aftifact303 - Feelings (one of the best dance songs of this year!!)

Transwave has potential to be on this more free spirited (kickass, alive, and free, not generic) level that transcends the lacking in innovation Full On genre by producing wonderful dance songs in more of their freedom style. They are choosing to adopt the generic structure of what A, B says is Full On. They don't have to fall in this thinking. They can step outside it at anytime, clear their minds and produce some of the best dance songs of all time that are Full On and/or Full On accepted. As opposed to rehashing their best work to fit in the Full On box.. lets see..

eleven particles actually sounds original. I like the trippy, vibrating effect and melody work. Now this is more Psytrance for our time now and it's danceable. I just thope this thing develops into one infectous storm and builds more energy as it progresses and not in the typical, generic Full On way but a Full On way nonetheless seems sensible here. This actually has potential to be a strong Full On number. THey're taking risks and I like that. The Full on genre NEEDS it. Believe me. Alot of us listen to Full On, we dance to it at parties and its fun but afterwards it's forgettable. I'd seldom run out and buy the album because it's just there to make us nuts in the moment. So we're looking for something with more substance, creativity, and replay value.

fuel on is decent meaning alright. It's driving, some cool melodies, sure. But it sounds more typical Full On than great Full On, original and new.

japan sounds pretty good for a Chill track. Probably a good one to close the album with. Again I hope it becomes stronger (in this speed) and more engaging and catchy as it progresses. Atmosphere is cool. I like it! Very catchy and original!

joon and spam ... I can't really tell based on the sample. It sounds okay. More typical Full On sound than great.

land of freedom the original is beautiful and this sounds strong for a Full On number. I just hope they don't butcher those wonderful melodies as the track progresses. I heard something a year or two ago on youtube or somewhere that sound butchered. Also, from around 1:30 to 1:52 on this sample here the beat and rhythm sounds so bland. Can't they make the dance beat/kick drum more dynamic and change up danceable around this part, not just repetitive? The main leading melodies are very attractive. It's just that its been so long. It would be cool to hear stronger supports before those "hooks" so to speak.

organik actually sounds different in the dance beat than the previous sample and I like that. The melody work is good too. Add some cool coming and going pieces of atmosphere and you have a potentially even cooler track that already sounds great. I really like their darker, driving melody and rhythm, beat here. This is more like the great Tranwave I remember if I imagined they crossing over into Full On, based on what I've heard on the sample so far. INNOVATE! GET CREATIVE GUYS! C' COM! You have all the tools in the world to brew up one of the tastiest and most dynamic Full On albums of out time. This is definitely one of the best track samples I've heard.

phototropic part 2 is gentle, chill. This could come in the end right after Japan, assuming they have room for all of these. I like it. It's catchy. They (Transwave) could probably get away with more if they create some of these tracks to not run too far over 5-7 minutes. I just don't want them to sound cut off or incomplete or course. Again, I haven't heard the rest so I can't. I think Japan sounded more original and catchy so far if I had to choose one based on what I heard so far though.

rezwalker 2009 can we just not call 2009? That's like having 2009 samples in your album and then it becomes outdated quicker by 2011 or whatever. Yes I know the album has a release date on it, but calling tracks by years is just kind of yesteryear. Anyway, the interlude is very cool and I like that. I miss these guys imaginative work around the beats and I'm pleasantly surprised to hear this island of peace here. The female vocals add a nice touch. A huge build up, climax and explosion is a great idea but does this last bit here have to appear so typical Full On in buildup? Transwave had creative and refreshing ways of lifting the music up off the ground and exploding with in a style that didn't seem like they were trying to adjust to the genre in the past. Yet it was very danceable. If this song goes the more euphoric route it could be good but it seems almost too typical Full On in where it's heading as opposed to its wonderful elements around that. Such elements include a female voice hymns, not singing thankfully warm atmosphere, interlude.

rising high has some beautiful melodies and sound work. One of Transwave's gifts is their creative melody/sound work. The track appears good with some great elements from what I've heard so far.

transwave vs gms is interesting, more minimal, danceable. It's pretty cool actually, and the computer melodies along with the stronger unique, deeper sound. I like what I've heard so far. It must evolve in a smart, catchier way as it progresses though if it wants to remain appealing and fun, at least in my opinion.

tribute is one of the strongest Full On dance numbers by Transwave to date based on this sample. It's good. I want to hear the whole thing. And more super songs.

uplifter tec sounds pretty good, some fast driving melody/sound work and rhythm. I like it. Every part of it. Very cool.

In conclusion, these artists have got to make a great comeback album. If it's Full On, fine, may it not be a typical sounding Full On album. This is where the limitless boundaries in Psytrance and Transwave's creativity have potential to compensate for a genre more known for generic releases than awesome ones by full and large, the majority. They have all the pieces to the puzzle, the awareness on what to do and what not to do after all of these years. In the end they'll make the final choice. A comeback comes either with a bang, a so-so, or a whimper. It would be awesome if they stuck to really super Psytrance and dance friendly numbers with exception to a chill track or two in the end that is good or great (Japan at the moment, seems to be going in a good direction; my friends like it). Also think they should focus less on making Full On versions of loved Goatrance songs. Land of Freedom with some tasty touch ups I can understand. But this is 2009, not 1996, 97. Remaking every old track into Full On is.. I don't. According to my friend it's like milking a cow for every drop its got. With few exceptions Full On updates to Goatrance tracks (Land of Freedom maybe) new and interesting, Psytrance/Full On numbers that are great are fun. Some of the samples here have potential to make dance floor killers if one or two isn't already. I just hope they don't rush things in the final stages and really produce and release a super album that transcends the Full On genre in some ways positive, not just adds their name to it with few exceptions.

Examples of good, great Full On work is above in bold, not including samples by Transwave obviously.

My impressions from the samples

Coming Soon: Sounds too generic full on, but at the end of the sample there's some euphoria. We'll see.

Cycles Of Life: Typical bass, typical sounds.

Eleven Particles: Sounds very original and pretty Goa-ish.

Fuel On rmx: Isn't this a Koxbox track? :unsure: Sounds very good. Full On, but psychedelic.

Japan: Sounds cool and has an old school feeling in it.

Joon And Spam: Trancey! But too typical bass and flow.

Land Of Freedom: Is this the one in the Twisted dvd? If then it's cool. It's full on and kind of clubby, but decent.

Organik: This one sounds good! A real Transwave feeling!

Phototropic part 2: Catchy, I like it.

Rezwalker 2009: Aggressive, nice key changes. Too full on, but energetic. Let's see.

Rising High: Some nice melodies, but the bass is way too typical again. Nice morning track.

Transwave vs GMS: Sounds interesting, but I hope they will be some melodies for the end.

Tribute: Too cheesy bass. Also the melodies sound a bit cheesy. Not like.

Uplifter: Catchy. I like it!

My wishes for this album:

To include Organik and Eleven Particles.

To make the basslines more interesting. If the tracks are filled with layers I won't care for the bass, but judging from the samples they could do much better.

Christof wrote in the past some of the most aggressive and cool full on basslines ever, why don't go in that direction?

Like Jon said I wasn't expecting a Goa album. We knew it's gonna be full on, but at least guys make it interesting and innovative.

So far it sounds like a good full on album, but it needs more cause it's Transwave we're talking about. And unlike Pleiadians both members are present here.

[downloaded faster this time :)]

Land of freedom - nice sounding, tho kinda not finished, pop-full on remix of oldie :D

Japan seems interesting.

Phototropic part2 sounds interesting too, just bit more oldschoolnes to it and youll have killer track :P

Imo the track with GMS simply doesnt fit it into the whole album-samples posted.

Tribute might get good, so far blank (read overly simple standaritzed) fullon imo.

The rest are no-no track for transwave imo, ffs, goa was so many times awesomo than this, i know its not goa, but still no match for old transwave, these samples lack quality imo.

Been a long time fan of your group.

As it has been said before, full on doesnt have to be boring at all..and I am sure you have the capacity to make amazing tracks..Respect your work a lot but am sad to say that just rehashing old tracks doesnt qualify for a new album.

Please do not spoil the transwave legacy.

Best wishes from india.