Yahel - Wasted talent or not?

Ormion

I'm now listening to Yahel-Last Man In The Universe and for one more time I'm amazed.

This track is really a perfect example of how new school Goa would sound.

And I don't find this specific track as clubby as other early tracks by Yahel.

Unfortunately he decided to go to more clubby and cheesy directions.

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't listened almost anything by Yahel's new work and I did enjoy some of the first cheesy trance tracks he wrote like Tribal Maker.

But listening to Last Man In The Universe I can't stop myself from wondering what he could produced if he had stayed more psychedelic/goa.

What do you think?

i started listening to psytrance after being introduced to yahel few years ago. i even liked it more than IM. i downloaded his new album, tried to listen to it but ended up skipping 4-5 tracks and then i deleted it (i usually don't delete downloaded albums). the thing is even among clubby music his work is crap!!!! if he wants to become famous and sell a lot, it's ok, i respect that, but with such a shitty artwork he's far from being close to infected fuckin mushroom :rolleyes:

i started listening to psytrance after being introduced to yahel few years ago. i even liked it more than IM. i downloaded his new album, tried to listen to it but ended up skipping 4-5 tracks and then i deleted it (i usually don't delete downloaded albums). the thing is even among clubby music his work is crap!!!! if he wants to become famous and sell a lot, it's ok, i respect that, but with such a shitty artwork he's far from being close to infected fuckin mushroom :rolleyes:

I delete all the crap that I download and will not end up buying, why keep crap on your computer? Its like letting the shit being in the toilette and never flush... :lol:

Anyways, Yahel, no matter how crappy it is, I actually end up downloading and buying it. I always find one or two tracks that go straight to my heart. Production wise, its as good as IM (IMO; LOL?!) :D

I delete all the crap that I download and will not end up buying, why keep crap on your computer? Its like letting the shit being in the toilette and never flush... :lol:

Anyways, Yahel, no matter how crappy it is, I actually end up downloading and buying it. I always find one or two tracks that go straight to my heart. Production wise, its as good as IM (IMO; LOL?!) :D

we're talking about 100MB!!! so it's not like shit in the toilette, it's like dust on your desk :rolleyes: but new yahel was like shit on the desk therefore it was deleted :ph34r:

Yahel produced a handful of decent tracks but nothing I qualify as a classic. They were fine to hear in the midst of the minimal craze but nowadays... well, I don't feel as if he is (or ever was) such a big deal that I would declare whatever talents he possesses to have been wasted.

I liked alot of his tracks!

La Esperanza is superb

For The people is lovely

even Avalanche I like ALOT

Maybe it's because I come out of "normal" trance, but I think this is a talent that is lost :(

give some tips, I have some trance but I'm searching for more melodic,

waves of sound (the fullon 3 version)

intelligent life are also very good imo

• 5 months later...

Yahel has the awfsomest covers evargh. And Nemo, maybe a album you initially thought was poop in the toilet would eventually become flowers in a vase.

Yahoo?

Do you?

:lol: @ self

I'm now listening to Yahel-Last Man In The Universe and for one more time I'm amazed.

This track is really a perfect example of how new school Goa would sound.

And I don't find this specific track as clubby as other early tracks by Yahel.

Unfortunately he decided to go to more clubby and cheesy directions.

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't listened almost anything by Yahel's new work and I did enjoy some of the first cheesy trance tracks he wrote like Tribal Maker.

But listening to Last Man In The Universe I can't stop myself from wondering what he could produced if he had stayed more psychedelic/goa.

What do you think?

I think the same, yahel is amazing!!!!!!!!!! but only 10 songs B)

yahel has done some weird music... addictive without being nothing amazing. its like cool! The melodios are really nice, its psychadelics a bit like infected good years a bit like astral projection with the type of sound, its cool music, its awsome without being awsome but still awsome :D but im talkin maybe of the first, secound and some of the 3 first albums and not the rest.

i agree, euh not totally tough, it can seems to be as well produced, but from classical to converting prodcution wise, infected mushroom is far superior then yahel, but i know what you mean, its sound like some infected mushroomkind of way, kind of sound, yahel have the same philosophy like IM on how to do psy IMO