VST synth for classic goa lead sounds

I hate if this sounds prudish but...any synth dude, come on. Grab one, get a saw or square wave, maybe mix it with another, and do some fx processing on it. We all use different synths. There is no magic "ghetto" sound.

However, older synths, particularly plugins of older synths may give you something more unique if this is what you mean, and you want to click a preset and have a go at it. Pro-53 has some good ones.

• 3 years later...

I saw that this thread has aged quite a bit, but perhaps someone will get a bit of help from this.

Check out Sylenth1. The support is somewhat lacking as the maker of the plug-in tends to disappear from time to time, but the last version seems to run stable on most systems and there are tons of banks out there with psytrance-sounding arps, leads and whatnot to give you a head start.

• 2 weeks later...

z3ta and Albino are never a bad choice for goa synths. Then Audiorealism Bassline for classic 303 acid sounds.

Yea, of the ones I have, z3ta is probably the one that leads itself most to this genre.

z3ta2 is out now and is cheap too.

or try Alien 303 - it have fine bass and acid presets exactly for making any kind of trance : psy or goa, dark or morning, etc.

- Alien 303 or http://www.g-sonique.com/alien303.html

or Renegade : Analog monster synthesizer especially made for psy and dnb...

http://www.g-sonique.com/renegade.html - taste the power of the Monster! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

have anybody Rebirth which has not so difficult installation? I saw one manual to install it, and I have decided, that i dont want rebirth because the manual was horrible! So I ask have somebody easy install which works & sounds fine???

Thx

As well as ABL, I'd like to recommend Phoscyon for acid sounds, apparently the closest thing to a 303 other than a xoxbox.

Superwave P8 is free and fantastic for your bread and butter trance leads too.

Synth1 is a lot more versatile than people think. You can get some great gritty fm lead sounds out of it among other things. Also free.

As well as ABL, I'd like to recommend Phoscyon for acid sounds, apparently the closest thing to a 303 other than a xoxbox.

i used to be a great proponent of abl, but now i'll find myself using phoscyon much more than abl. both have a distinct sound and are good for different purposes. imho abl has a rougher sound and ecxels at agressive distorted acid riffs, while phoscyon sounds cleaner and smoother; i use it for those fluid squiggly acid lines.

for other synths it of course depends on what you've got, the functionality, which synth is easy to use for you and of course if its distinctive sound sounds good to your ears, etc....

but for true analog goodness i haven't found a plugin that sounds as good as u-he diva. i'm totally in love with it :).

I use them the other way around funnily enough lol. I prefer the sound of ABL for higher pitched leads with not much distortion. I find I can get a more dynamic sound out of it.

I've been told Diva is the dog's bollocks, but isn't it a bit resource intensive?

• 2 weeks later...