Progressive Trance

Basilisk

Progressive trance confuses me. It is, by its very nature, a rather weak definition for a genre. Both "trance" and "progressive" have been appropriated for many other styles of EDM that are more familiar, distinct, or otherwise recognizable. Still, I have found myself drawn to specific producers and productions over the years, and rather wish I could find more with the same quality. So, some examples:

James Holden - I Have Put Out The Light

Terry Grant - I'll Kill You (Luke Chable Dub Mix)

Cassino & Laben - Unsound (Snake Sedrick Remix)

Eelke Kleijn - Consequences

Space Manoeuvres - Part Three

Snake Sedrick & Enze Hack - The Beginning (Nick H & Eelke Kleijn Remix)

16 Bit Lolitas - Sedna

Corellian - State Of Mind

PQM - You Are Sleeping (PQM Meets Luke Chable Dub)

Cass & Slide - Opera (Phantom's Only Mix)

Purple & Lunar - Subtle Thrust

So much of this music mixes beautifully with the deeper end of psytrance (and, going further back, some of it was touted on labels like Flying Rhino and Transient before their demise)... my problem is that there is SO MUCH of it to sift through; so much filler and so much misdirection. Top shelf recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and it is probably fair to assume that I've already checked out anything that made its way to Saikosounds ;)

Spektre has some nice stuff. Just now picked up a copy of Audiowelle and Salut is really nice :) Its kind of progressive, though minimal, and yet trance :) The label it is I actually just found out about; Minimal And Melodies Music

:D More to come later, im lazy, zorry!

Topic closed :posford:

I wish he had been more prolific... I had a hard time amassing a sizable collection of his work.

Strangely, one of my favourite Holden productions is the remix he did for Depeche Mode. And that I cannot find in any kind of digital format anywhere. Just vinyl!

I wish he had been more prolific... I had a hard time amassing a sizable collection of his work.

Strangely, one of my favourite Holden productions is the remix he did for Depeche Mode. And that I cannot find in any kind of digital format anywhere. Just vinyl!

You mean the Holden remix of the The Darkest Star released on Mute? Yes thats only been released on Vinyl. :) You could call MUTE and see if they are planning a compilation or something with it :D

I have already inquired... they aren't even planning a digital download option. There is a CD promo out there according to Discogs; just hoping to run across that some time or another.

If there is such promo, I will get my hands on it. *wanders off on music hunting mission*

• 1 year later...

Progressive Trance is way better than normal Trance. I have been buying a lot of this. It's the only good thing I can find cause I don't go out much or have any friends. I suppose there is better music out there, like dance music that's available only on Vinyl only. That's the best kind of music isn't it.

• 7 years later...

The long delicious progression and element-ed potential on top :: this original mix version is very stripped compared to what the artist is able to present on his live shows, which is amazing and yes very analog and alive.