Prodigy

Ormion

I'm not even gonna say anything about Prodigy. What can you say about them?

For me was, is and will remain the most important dance group of all time.

Experience was a bomb. The hardcore fast techno styled with the jungle and d'n'b influences is amazing. Mostly because of the use of the fast, almost kiddy melodies. I love them!Out of Space and Everybody In The Place are legends although my favorite is Hyperspeed. Killer! I still remember my heart going crazy with the intensity of this track. Plus Death Of The Prodigy Dancers is like an early psytrance track fro me. :D

Music For The Jilted Generation is one of my all time pure dance albums. No Good and Voodoo People will never get old. Especially No Good is like THE dance anthem. BTW the last part of Speedway is like one of the best ambient parts ever listened in my life.

Fat Of The Land is like a legend to me. It got released when I was hooked up in electronic music for good and considering the popularity of Prodigy back then it resulted to listen to this album for like a million times. Even the lyrics and the punk/rock influences rocked my world. I think it was the most mature album Liam produced, with bigger than life anthems. The three famous trackS Firestarter, Smack My Bitch Up and Breathe are beyond belief. The first one is dark and twisted, SMBU is a real stormer and Breathe... Well Breathe is officially for me The Electronic Hymn. (And it also has the best videoclip e.v.e.r.)

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned never got my attention. I don't think that I've listened it more than two times. I didn't like it.

So after a tough battle I think my vote will go to The Fat Of The Land. But of course both Their previous albums are 11/10.

• Like 1

You said it all Ormion, no need to get further into detail.

My vote goes to MUSIC FOR THE JILTED GENERATION as their best album, followed with FAT OF THE LAND and then EXPERIENCE.

ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED actually sounds good when they are doing live, but listening to it at home makes me yawn. I've heard them live 3 times by now and they still didn't get old. The only problem I have with Prodigy is that they are not as productive as other groups from their era : UNDERWORLD, CHEMICAL BROTHERS, FLUKE... With 4 albums up their sleeves and various singles during 17 years is not such various production. :ph34r:

Well, what can I say... Prodigy was the first band I seriously got into. The Fat Of The Land was one of my first cds. Nowadays they don't play as big a role in my life as they used to ten years ago, but I still love their music. Music For The Jilted Generation is their best work in my opinion.

I gotta say, I first heard of them when they had that one or two songs that were really popular (in the US) in the 90's. I didn't think much of those two songs, but when I heard some other music of theirs a few years later I thought "wow, this is pretty good". However, I never did look into their whole catalog as I meant to. I guess I should.

Fat of the Land is my favourite, every track on it is top notch. Music for the Jilted Generation and Experience are equally good. I didn't like AONO that much, its okay, the Girls track is fun.

I like the way Prodigy balanced being more mainstream than other electronic acts but still producing good stuff.

Music For The Jilted Generation is one of my all time pure dance albums. No Good and Voodoo People will never get old. Especially No Good is like THE dance anthem. BTW the last part of Speedway is like one of the best ambient parts ever listened in my life.

So after a tough battle I think my vote will go to The Fat Of The Land. But of course both Their previous albums are 11/10.

Same here. One of the greatest albums I have ever heard, and despite the fact I haven't listened to it in ages, it has yet to leave me unfulfilled.

No Good, One Love and Voodoo People were THE dance hits, Poison was their first track with real time vocals in it, Their Law had that amazingly catchy guitar riff in it, Break & Enter had that amazing effect in the track sounding like a glass cup falling on the floor and breaking to pieces, and Claustrophobic Sting had that spooky laugh sneaking through the track's opening, and the listz could go on and on...

"So, I've decided to take my work back underground, to stop it from falling into the wrong hands." Whatta classic!

Breathe is officially for me The Electronic Hymn. (And it also has the best videoclip e.v.e.r.)

not even remotely

Breathe is a great tune, but the ultimately best vidoclip goes to ... *drumroll* ... Smack My Bitch Up!

Yeah, definitely and totally. Here it is, as a reminder: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=j444hBS8PxI

not even remotely

Breathe is a great tune, but the ultimately best vidoclip goes to ... *drumroll* ... Smack My Bitch Up!

Yeah, definitely and totally. Here it is, as a reminder: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=j444hBS8PxI

censored crap link, heres the uncensored version:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=bcpsV1ZKmgY

It used to be all about FotL, but the latest years Jilted has surpassed it. It has always been there, but I just realized I prefer to listen to it if I would choose now. Actually haven't heard much of Experience, only about 4-5 songs, but Out of Space is sick.

I actually thought that Fat Of The Land was too mainstream & pop oriented. It was a solid album but it never came close to Music for the jilted Generation IMO. Experience was some of the first electronic music I heard & will always have a special place in my heart but Music For the Jilted Generation will always be my favourite.

The last album I bought listened to once & now it is somewhere in my house but I have no idea where :huh:

I'm with Abasio on this one..

I listened a lot to Charly and Out of Space back in the early nineties but when they started playing No Good on the radio a few years later, that's when I became really hooked.. I quickly bought Music for the Jilted Generation and totally loved it, and also rediscoreved The Prodigy Experience (before this I had only listened to the singles from this album). This is when breakbeats & bigbeats & underground "rave" & dance electronica became my first real musical love affair..

I can't rellly say which is best of Experience or Music for the Jilted Generation since they are so very different, both are huge classics in their own way.

The Fat of the Land was the beginning of the end of The Prodigy's greatness for me, it has some nice hits and fat beats but is ultimately pretty unsatisfying and lacks the depth of the previous two albums. Kind of a one trick pony. Some tracks are great but some are pretty crap.

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned sucks, IMO. There's maybe one track that's ok, but the rest is just annoying. I hardly even acknowledge it as a "real" Prodigy album since I don't feel it has any connection to the first two masterworks.

A new album is on it's way with "rave" influences according to Liam.

Liam is a fantastic producer that IMO doesn't get enough credit for what he's done.

The prodigy is like 95% Liam :ph34r:

Hope the new stuff is really ravey :D